Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

essence.jpg

Blame the Jets fans who begged, just begged the Jets to change to an updated version of our 1990's uniforms right down to the green helmets and black accents around the numbers.  They drowned Twitter and Instagram non-stop with renderings that aren't that different than what Nike actually executed.

They're the ones who did this.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

essence.jpg

Blame the Jets fans who begged, just begged the Jets to change to an updated version of our 1990's uniforms right down to the green helmets and black accents around the numbers.  They drowned Twitter and Instagram non-stop with renderings that aren't that different than what Nike actually executed.

They're the ones who did this.

SAR I

The new helmet is an abomination.  I blame the Jets brass who picked it.

• Post of the Week 2

blame me. i like them. but i dont like the football on the helmet.

i grew up in the 80s. that's when i became a Jets fan. and i didn't become a fan cause i was a Mets fan and Jets rhymed with Mets.

i like the jerseys over the Giants. i dont like the Namath ones. i probably would have chosen the Giants then.

be honest.. how did you pick your team? now im going back to about 7 maybe 8 years old. i didnt know about history or who was the better team. i just watched football and thought the Jets colors were nicer to watch than the Giants. plus i hated the Giants helmet.

that how i became a Mets fan. i liked there uniform over the Yankees. plus i thought watching the NL was like watching a color TV. the way the Mets road blues looked like on the astroturf against the home whites of ST.Louis and Phila. i thought the Yankees and the rest of the AL were boring.

so again. how did you pick the Jets? 

i know some of you go back to the Namath days so i get it. but im sure there are many here who became fans during the solid green uniforms. how could you pick a team to root for who uniforms you cant stand to watch?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Im not a huge fan of the current jerseys but the previous versions are god awful to me. I always hated those things. I would rather stick with the current ones than going back. One of the the reasons i hope the team has success soon is because it will probably make it less likely that they will return to those awful things. If they do change i hope it's something completely different. However, the way i have seen Jets fans bitch about the jerseys, the old ones will probably return at some point

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5

17 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Im not a huge fan of the current jerseys but the previous versions are god awful to me. I always hated those things. I would rather stick with the current ones than going back. One of the the reasons i hope the team has success soon is because it will probably make it less likely that they will return to those awful things. If they do change i hope it's something completely different. However, the way i have seen Jets fans bitch about the jerseys, the old ones will probably return at some point

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Morrissey said:

1. Classic look is not the 80's look and most Jets fans I talk to want an updated version of classic Namath/1998 uniforms.

2. Those uniforms look nothing alike and are both hideous.

image.jpeg.e8800ecaaed8214aff92f55acc26c59c.jpeg

#14 should be banned from ever being worn by a Jets QB ever again. 

3476861D-EFBD-4DD1-99CB-BB3C6FA2EEE3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

Terrible uniforms and every moment -- starting with the abomination of a launch party (which I speculate is a big reason Neil Glat is out of a job) -- involving them has been bad.

Napalm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Agreed and every “Star player” on those PR pictures, aren’t on the Jets Roster any more.

It ain't happening for a few more seasons boys, the rule is 5 years. Let it go for now. 

Uniform Change Notification and Approval Timeline

-- By March 1 of the year prior to the year in which a uniform change will take place, written notice and details of any changes in the uniform must be provided to the League office (e.g., if you want to make a change for 2020, you must notify the league not later than March 1, 2019).

-- By July 1 of that year, uniform color selection and logo design must be completed, having been approved by the club's owner and chief executive.

-- By August 1 of that year, initial uniform samples must be created and approved by the club's owner, equipment manager, and chief executive.

-- By November 1 of that year, final uniform samples are to be provided to the League office for TV testing.  Approvals from club owner, equipment manager and chief executive must be certified to the league by this date.  If final samples do not arrive in the League offices by November 1 of the year preceding the season in which the change is occurring, the uniform will not be approved.

-- By December 1, the league office gives final approval for use the following season.

I've said it since they came out.  These uniforms are horrendous.  
These were and still are the best, and I wish they would bring them back:
10d64dfd5d883962b6cac4d2839a9bee--nfl-jets-jets-football.jpg
Different from you other post ... I do like these better .. one strip on the legs is enough ... the version with two stripes on the legs, shoulders and helmet was seizure inducing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1