Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

These new uniforms are F-U-G-L-Y glad to see mostly everyone regained their sense of mind. 

There is a bias for the new (relative term, old can become new again). Since they're not new anymore, whatever luster there was is gone. Unbelievably people are nostalgic for the 80s uniform which basically representing 20 years or horribleness.

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Different from you other post ... I do like these better .. one strip on the legs is enough ... the version with two stripes on the legs, shoulders and helmet was seizure inducing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Agreed....   I wouldn't mind seeing the old Titan Throw backs once a tear as well.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Judging by results JN is coming around the dumping these terrible unis. When I posted a thread last year about this, people pushed back mightily.

essence2.jpg

A year ago, we were coming off of 6-2.  This year, 2-6.  Jets fans are angry about everything.  Especially now that our annual April Super Bowl is over.  

I spent 2 years lobbying that we should keep white helmets and our (then) existing look; I was outnumbered 100:1 with everyone saying that we needed "green helmets" and "that cool 90's look". 

They got what they asked for.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

The old uniforms were fine…until Nike took over and ruined the shade of green and the shoulder stripes.

The only things that needed updating were the helmet + the logo and our general main logo.

• Old Uniforms with our current colors, and a simple NY on the metallic green helmets (no double stripes on top) is all that was ever needed.

• Our main logo also needs updating. Take away the Jets + Football and add an actual Jet with an NY for T shirts Hats etc.

None of this is rocket science.

8 hours ago, ID. said:

Credit to @Morrissey for posting this in the other thread, but I’d love to see something like this concept...

93195E53-EF92-4389-BEFD-027C4765F694.jpeg

755785B1-D22B-47F5-BA55-33066E8CE1B0.jpeg

Like this is any different than we have now, LOL.

It's stupid renderings like these all over Twitter and Instagram that got the Jets and Nike thinking this awful 80's look from when the team was awful is what anyone wanted.  

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

essence2.jpg

A year ago, we were coming off of 6-2.  This year, 2-6.  Jets fans are angry about everything.  Especially now that our annual April Super Bowl is over.  

I spent 2 years lobbying that we should keep white helmets and our (then) existing look; I was outnumbered 100:1 with everyone saying that we needed "green helmets" and "that cool 90's look". 

SAR I

Actually you spent about that amount of time claiming that the Jets were going to be sticking with the white helmets, and then became the biggest proponent of this new look that was widely unpopular (and remains so) with the majority of the people who post here. 

But yeah, revisionist history is fun, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

If we could prove the uniforms offend a group, we can change.

Example: WFT

?

There is another technicality where if a team changes ownership they can change uniform. I'm sure if they pushed for it Woddy regaining ownership could be used as an excuse to change the uniforms.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, slats said:

Actually you spent about that amount of time claiming that the Jets were going to be sticking with the white helmets, and then became the biggest proponent of this new look that was widely unpopular (and remains so) with the majority of the people who post here. 

But yeah, revisionist history is fun, too. 

Ucontext.jpg

I'm not a proponent of this new look, simply resigned to the fact that its the best Nike could do with the parameters of a green helmet, black as an accent color, and a mandate to take design direction from the 1990's.  Compared with the other Nike modern uniforms they've created over the last 8 years, ours is actually one of the best, it's restrained, it looks fine, it could have been a lot worse.

The angst hinges around a football on the helmet logo (it's been there for 45 years of our existence) and stripes (every Jets uniform has had them).  The complaining is childish.  They wanted a modern uniform with an 80's retro vibe and they got it.  It's not great, its not awful, not much different than any uniform we've ever had.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

essence2.jpg

SAR I

The mob is fickle

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

essence2.jpg

SAR I

No matter how many times you try and claim the new uni's look like the classic 80's/90's uniforms they look nothing alike and the 80/90's were simply the best Jets uniforms to date.  The classic egg logo looks dumb and lazy while the new uniforms icon looks even more dumb and lazy if that's even possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Zach Wilson and Elijah Moore would look great in these.

Sam Darnold rebounds from ignominious start as Jets rout Lions

With Jamal Adams gone, Jets have traded 5 of last 6 1st-round picks

The Identity of the Jets: Jamal Adams - Full Press Coverage

New York Jets 2018 Training Camp Profile: Robby Anderson

The legacy whites were the sharpest, cleanest and most professional looking unti in the league.  Total shame that they went from one of the best unti to what looks like a half finished semi pro uni

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

No matter how many times you try and claim the new uni's look like the classic 80's/90's uniforms they look nothing alike and the 80/90's were simply the best Jets uniforms to date.  The classic egg logo looks dumb and lazy while the new uniforms icon looks even more dumb and lazy if that's even possible.

samesame.jpg

And no matter how many times you try and claim the new uni's don't look like the classic 80s/90s uniforms, they do.  At the game, in the stadium, same vibe, green helmets, no center stripe, black facemasks, green/white jerseys/pants/socks, black accents.  Hold your phone away from your face, squint your eyes, they're giving off the same look.

And those 80s/90s uniforms were as bland a it gets.  My mother could have designed those things, as basic as they come, there were high schools in 1985 that looked better than we did.  Nike took that 80s/90s vibe and updated the stripes and font.  That's it.   The new Jets uni's are a refresh of the 80s/90s uni's, exactly what you asked for.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The legacy whites were the sharpest, cleanest and most professional looking unti in the league.  Total shame that they went from one of the best unti to what looks like a half finished semi pro uni

throwbacks.jpg

The green helmet works rather nicely with the all-whites, if the Jets bring them back as throwbacks it'll look good.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

throwbacks.jpg

The green helmet works rather nicely with the all-whites, if the Jets bring them back as throwbacks it'll look good.

SAR I

How about the classic legacy jersey with the same green helmet they have now with a white face mask and the 1980's helmet logo ??? That would be sharp and it would represent all eras.  Legacy, 80's remod and contemporary 

53 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

?

26 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

How about the classic legacy jersey with the same green helmet they have now with a white face mask and the 1980's helmet logo ??? That would be sharp and it would represent all eras.  Legacy, 80's remod and contemporary 

That a no for me. Helmet ( other than the ridiculous black) is the worst part about them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

stripes.jpg

Until they repeal the one helmet rule a sticker change is the only option.  Nothing wrong with using the old 80s/90s logo.  That’s where they came up with the new stripes from anyway.  

SAR I

Woody might be the smartest owner in NFL from profit margin perspective. Imagine the sales surge when they bring back the classics in the new shade of green in a couple years.

”Our rich history meets our bright future.”

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

stripes.jpg

Until they repeal the one helmet rule a sticker change is the only option.  Nothing wrong with using the old 80s/90s logo.  That’s where they came up with the new stripes from anyway.  

SAR I

Having nostalgic affinity for the 80s unis is like fondly remembering your first kick to the nuts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

throwbacks.jpg

SAR I

Can you do a photoshop of the current green helmet with the previous green jersey please (sorry for asking but not well enough up on technology myself) thanks 

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

You like leftover casserole don’t you 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Having nostalgic affinity for the 80s unis is like fondly remembering your first kick to the nuts.

100%

All those Pat Leahy missed kicks in the Shea Stadium rain.  All those Ken O'Brien tap dances.  Why anyone wanted those horrible old uniforms back is beyond me.

SAR I

• Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Different from you other post ... I do like these better .. one strip on the legs is enough ... the version with two stripes on the legs, shoulders and helmet was seizure inducing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

wrong link.  Was supposed to be the one stripe ( like curtis martin pic).

• Sympathy 1