Jump to content

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

    • Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

All I know is that the NY Jets need a better design team and until that happens ... go 'old school '

essence2.jpg

What we have is the essence of old school updated for modern times.   No one can complain.  You got what you asked for.

The reason you don't like it is because it reminds you of some really bad Jets teams of that era and how we're playing right now.  If I told you that if we open 5-0 you'd love our uniforms would you call me lazy?

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the they haven't already done so, Jets need to and must makes appropriate moves to ditch the current uniform set and return to classic Jets look. I'd like to see where the fan base currently s

The new unis are trash. It is what it is. 

for people who may want a 3rd option, a new design all together   https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/123860-ny-jets-sack-exchange-throwback-concept/  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I know my username is derp but I’ve seen SAR post about the uniforms for some time and when I posted above I was well aware nothing I post is going to change his opinion. 

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter, though. Based on that post I see why you might take his side. Two peas.

Actually I dont take any side

My likes or dislikes are what they are and others will differ.  Its a uniform, totally based on opinion.  I dont think my opinion, like or dislike is more important that others. I havent tried to convince anyone of my opinion or change their opinions.  

Its a uniform, nothing cut and dried here

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, derp said:

Yes obviously two footballs on the Bears helmet. Excellent point. Quarter of the league.

Shame on me for hoping for something more creative than the team name and a ball.

 

s-l1600.jpg

It's the only thing on the uniform that is representative of the '68 uniforms and Super Bowl Championship season.  The wordmark and the football.

So you want to get rid of it.

Makes no sense.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like all of this, you'll find people who like the classic looks, others who like the new modern take.

throwbacks.jpg

jamalhybrid.jpg

And we can have both.  Because the new helmet has the old logo it actually works with the old uniform.  Hopefully the NFL relaxes the one-helmet rule and it doesn't come to this.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

 

s-l1600.jpg

It's the only thing on the uniform that is representative of the '68 uniforms and Super Bowl Championship season.  The wordmark and the football.

So you want to get rid of it.

Makes no sense.

SAR I

Would make a great use of throwback attire, a secondary logo, a patch on the jersey, or even a part of the helmet with *any* nod to the actual team name besides it spelled out in letters. 

Don’t like it standalone with JETS on the helmets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I dont take any side

My likes or dislikes are what they are and others will differ.  Its a uniform, totally based on opinion.  I dont think my opinion, like or dislike is more important that others. I havent tried to convince anyone of my opinion or change their opinions.  

Its a uniform, nothing cut and dried here

.....I wasn’t referring to your perspective on the uniform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

chicago-bears-full-size-replica-riddell-

I forgot one.  The Bears actually have 2 footballs on their helmet.  The outer "C" and the inner "c" are both footballs, the one on the inside is even in simulated motion.

So that's 8 teams, or a quarter of the league, that have something very hokey and related directly to the sport of football on their helmets or jerseys or coaches gear.

Should I add the other ones that must be nonsensical to you?  Like a star on the Cowboys helmet?  Who needs that?  Bengal stripes?  A literal Jaguar head?  A full sized Buffalo?   A full sized Lion? 

And what about the pretend Vikings and Rams with horns, literally, coming out of their brains?

Outrage!  Anger!  

SAR I

Literature as a Kind of Rorschach Test | Read It Forward

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, derp said:

.....I wasn’t referring to your perspective on the uniform.

Yeah, and you said I agree with SAR.  And I told you I havent given a perspective other that Im ok with the new, old and in between uniforms.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, and you said I agree with SAR.  And I told you I havent given a perspective other that Im ok with the new, old and in between uniforms.  

 

Once again, not about the uniforms. I was actually referring to you telling me what I was thinking after SAR did the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, derp said:

Once again, not about the uniforms. I was actually referring to you telling me what I was thinking after SAR did the same.

OK, I never told you that either.

I commented that you did the same exact thing SAR did.  You want to keep arguing when thats exactly what you did, fine.  Im done

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

essence2.jpg

What we have is the essence of old school updated for modern times.   No one can complain.  You got what you asked for.

The reason you don't like it is because it reminds you of some really bad Jets teams of that era and how we're playing right now.  If I told you that if we open 5-0 you'd love our uniforms would you call me lazy?

SAR I

Huh? Were any of us on the design committee? What are you harping on now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, I never told you that either.

I commented that you did the same exact thing SAR did.  You want to keep arguing when thats exactly what you did, fine.  Im done

What happened is you told me I was trying to change his perspective, I told you I wasn’t, you told me I was again (which was pretty obnoxious and why I’m still engaging with you on this), I explained that I knew I wasn’t going to change his perspective the whole time and was just ranting, and then you got confused, thought I was commenting on your perspective on uniforms, and then decided you said something different than what you actually said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Huh? Were any of us on the design committee? What are you harping on now?

Back in the Uniform threads in 2018 and 2019 the majority of the talk and the majority of the amateurish renderings were in support of a variation of our 80's look.  Green, white, and black, black facemasks, green helmets, aircraft-theming, etc.

Which is exactly what Nike and the Jets delivered.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, derp said:

What happened is you told me I was trying to change his perspective, I told you I wasn’t, you told me I was again (which was pretty obnoxious and why I’m still engaging with you on this), I explained that I knew I wasn’t going to change his perspective the whole time and was just ranting, and then you got confused, thought I was commenting on your perspective on uniforms, and then decided you said something different than what you actually said.

6008f7fd07b5ceaa7bf5cbe10ad74a63.gif

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, derp said:

What happened is you told me I was trying to change his perspective, I told you I wasn’t, you told me I was again (which was pretty obnoxious and why I’m still engaging with you on this), I explained that I knew I wasn’t going to change his perspective the whole time and was just ranting, and then you got confused, thought I was commenting on your perspective on uniforms, and then decided you said something different than what you actually said.

You used the same approach as he did.  He told you why he loves the new uniforms, you why you Harte them or like others better.  Whatever, its the same thing.  Thats all

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You used the same approach as he did.  He told you why he loves the new uniforms, you why you Harte them or like others better.  Whatever, its the same thing.  Thats all

Except I made a comment based on a post by a completely different poster, he then told me why my perspective was wrong, and then I continued arguing for my perspective. It’s not quite the same. Whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

6008f7fd07b5ceaa7bf5cbe10ad74a63.gif

SAR I

#PREZ

I knew engaging with you wasn’t going to be productive but I had a good time. Enjoy the uniforms.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Back in the Uniform threads in 2018 and 2019 the majority of the talk and the majority of the amateurish renderings were in support of a variation of our 80's look.  Green, white, and black, black facemasks, green helmets, aircraft-theming, etc.
Which is exactly what Nike and the Jets delivered.
SAR I
No they really did not... they took a conservative half measure check swing which in my opinion was a fail.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk


  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Back in the Uniform threads in 2018 and 2019 the majority of the talk and the majority of the amateurish renderings were in support of a variation of our 80's look.  Green, white, and black, black facemasks, green helmets, aircraft-theming, etc.

Which is exactly what Nike and the Jets delivered.

SAR I

I argued against those voices. Not sure whether it was majority. Rest easy in a couple years the classic uniforms will look "cool retro" again by the fickle masses and will be back with the new shade of green from the current unis. Churn, repeat, sell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

6008f7fd07b5ceaa7bf5cbe10ad74a63.gif

SAR I

I like the white ones a lot. I'm pretty sure they would go amazing with a Hulk but I can't say for sure. Send me yours so I can come to a ruling on this.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No they really did not... they took a conservative half measure check swing which in my opinion was a fail.

And that's why I like them.  Nike didn't go overboard (see Browns 2018 or Bengals 2021) or just regurgitate a retro design (see Dolphins 2018 or Chargers 2020).  We're somewhere in the middle.

Watch them play live at the stadium, they have the 90's uni vibe.  Watch them play on TV, you can see the modern touches.  Consider the motion and color shifts in the helmets, look at the Stealth Black uniform, it's pretty cool overall.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I like the white ones a lot. I'm pretty sure they would go amazing with a Hulk but I can't say for sure. Send me yours so I can come to a ruling on this.

CloseLV.jpg

The Hulk is too much, but I like what Woody's doing with the Kermit.  I could see that in the collection one day.  There's a new version of that as well.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

CloseLV.jpg

The Hulk is too much, but I like what Woody's doing with the Kermit.  I could see that in the collection one day.  There's a new version of that as well.

SAR I

I just wish they branded the "gotham green" as "PSL green $$$"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

CloseLV.jpg

The Hulk is too much, but I like what Woody's doing with the Kermit.  I could see that in the collection one day.  There's a new version of that as well.

SAR I

The market is too out of control for my blood right now. $12-13k for a GMT, I mean come on. Good time to buy a Tudor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The market is too out of control for my blood right now. $12-13k for a GMT, I mean come on. Good time to buy a Tudor. 

Omega Speedmaster Professional. Still the best bang for buck in quality and history you can get in a watch.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’m aware 😉

 

71EA07FF-D498-47AD-95E5-FAAF6516B548.jpeg

I have the Russian equivalent. Quality sucks but I'm a sucker for history.

10 Iconic Space Watches – Chronopolis | International Watches | Great  British Service

Funny story, when I lived in Singapore, I went on a date with a Russian girl. Was wearing my Omega. She commented that it was a nice watch. I explained to her it was the watch worn by U.S. Astronauts on the moon. Her eyes got huge (she saw dollar signs), "That watch has been on MOON??!?!" I stupidity admitted not this specific one! I immediately felt like Ray when he told Gozar he wasn't a god in Ghostbusters. I didn't get laid.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about personal choice. 

Hopefully the sales continue to be bad and they make a change but I doubt they will. 

I will continue to wear the old stuff and purchase it wherever and whenever I can. 

I was given a few of the new logo t-shirts,hats as gifts. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
It's all about personal choice. 
Hopefully the sales continue to be bad and they make a change but I doubt they will. 
I will continue to wear the old stuff and purchase it wherever and whenever I can. 
I was given a few of the new logo t-shirts,hats as gifts. 
 
It's just a sad state of affairs when the Washington football team is more adventurous than the New York Jets

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The market is too out of control for my blood right now. $12-13k for a GMT, I mean come on. Good time to buy a Tudor. 

Actually $18K to $22K.  Even some Tudor's are going for a premium.

SAR I

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is my preference.171695f753fcdd3f026584c922a70279.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
 

I want a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Another watch with history designed by a French WWII frogman. No, that's not redundant, an underwater demolition diver lol. One day... 

Fifty Fathoms, a watch for the elite – FHH Journal

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who needs a watch when cell phones keep track of time. 

Besides I don't wear any jewelry. 

We make choices everyday beyond pure utility. Jets fandom, for example. It's the same reason some people like art while others are cool with a poster of the same painting. Personal preference.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

chicago-bears-full-size-replica-riddell-

I forgot one.  The Bears actually have 2 footballs on their helmet.  The outer "C" and the inner "c" are both footballs, the one on the inside is even in simulated motion.

So that's 8 teams, or a quarter of the league, that have something very hokey and related directly to the sport of football on their helmets or jerseys or coaches gear.

Should I add the other ones that must be nonsensical to you?  Like a star on the Cowboys helmet?  Who needs that?  Bengal stripes?  A literal Jaguar head?  A full sized Buffalo?   A full sized Lion? 

And what about the pretend Vikings and Rams with horns, literally, coming out of their brains?

Outrage!  Anger!  

SAR I

why do the Cincinnati Reds have two footballs for a logo?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...