Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

I want a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Another watch with history designed by a French WWII frogman. No, that's not redundant, an underwater demolition diver lol. One day... 
Blancpain-Fifty-Fathoms-historique-.jpg
I love this watch ... and its almost affordable at 11k

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I love this watch ... and its almost affordable at 11k

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I like to tie a new watch to a life milestone. Now just waiting for something good to happen, lol.

I haven't read this entire thread, but all I can say is that to me, the current uniforms will be forever associated with the Gase / Mccagnan era and for that reason alone, they should be changed to ANYTHING else as soon as possible.  Gotta get rid of that bad juju.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Not sure if this was brought up, but some people soured on classic unfirosm toward the end....I'd argue because Nike royally butchered the shoulder stripes and used multiple materials and colors that made the green like like a pea green.

Tell me these Reebok era jersey are pretty great.

Chad Pennington: Todd Bowles 'is the right guy' for the Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Not sure if this was brought up, but some people soured on classic unfirosm toward the end....I'd argue because Nike royally butchered the shoulder stripes and used multiple materials and colors that made the green like like a pea green.

Tell me these Reebok era jersey aren't pretty great.

There not pretty great, they are awesome.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Tell me these Reebok era jersey aren't pretty great.

1 hour ago, Jets1958 said:

There not pretty great, they are awesome.

Best uniforms in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Sorry, those just look old.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Everything old becomes new again in a couple years the classics will satisfy the retro-fresh look again.

I agree-  I'm all for having a 4th jersey and 1x or 2x a year wearing out '68 throwbacks, I like the '62 Titans throwbacks too.

But the Jets need modern uniforms.  And now we do.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree-  I'm all for having a 4th jersey and 1x or 2x a year wearing out '68 throwbacks, I like the '62 Titans throwbacks too.

But the Jets need modern uniforms.  And now we do.

SAR I

We'll go back to the classics using the new "Gotham Green" before long 

"Our rich history meets our bright future."

Let's hope the launch party is better than last time and features Namath, Chrebet, Boozer, etc. instead of freakin' JB Smoove, who was what 70 year old white guys thought appealed to a "hip, modern audience."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

We'll go back to the classics using the new "Gotham Green" before long 

"Our rich history meets our bright future."

Let's hope the launch party is better than last time.

The launch party was the lowest moment since the 2010 AFC Championship Game.

I still have DJ Smoove nightmares.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The launch party was the lowest moment since the 2010 AFC Championship Game.

I still have DJ Smoove nightmares.

SAR I

100%. Caught me editing. JB Smoove is what happens when 70 year old white guys try to appeal to a modern, hip audience.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Morrissey said:

This uniform in Reebok is our best for sure 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, SAR I said:

And that's why I like them.  Nike didn't go overboard (see Browns 2018 or Bengals 2021) or just regurgitate a retro design (see Dolphins 2018 or Chargers 2020).  We're somewhere in the middle.

Watch them play live at the stadium, they have the 90's uni vibe.  Watch them play on TV, you can see the modern touches.  Consider the motion and color shifts in the helmets, look at the Stealth Black uniform, it's pretty cool overall.

SAR I

They just gotta win in ‘em is all. Then we’ll love ‘em.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The tailgating drunks who show up in the second quarter smelling of body odor and vomit want luxury designer uniforms and architectural digest stadiums.

It gets no funnier than this.

SAR I

You forgot the wreaking smell of cigarettes, coffee and beer breath. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Still prefer green/white with some grey camo.  Add a derivative of the new stealth bomber logo like this.

New B-21 Raider Stealth Bomber AS Ready To Tear Russian S-500 & Chinese Air  Defenses - YouTube

I've been saying this every time it comes up but you'll never see any any kind of jet on a Jets uniform. Although the military is a huge sponsor of the NFL the NFL wants the game to be family friendly so all mascots and logos have to be family friendly (former Washington imagery aside). After 9/11 an association with passenger jets and NYC is too uncomfortable to be family friendly. The 80s Jets logo snuck in a fighter jet-ish logo and that's probably the last time any jet will make it into the logo. I don't even think the NFL would approve recycling that logo into a new one or let them opt for that logo for throwbacks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I've been saying this every time it comes up but you'll never see any any kind of jet on a Jets uniform. Although the military is a huge sponsor of the NFL the NFL wants the game to be family friendly so all mascots and logos have to be family friendly (former Washington imagery aside). After 9/11 an association with passenger jets and NYC is too uncomfortable to be family friendly. The 80s Jets logo snuck in a fighter jet-ish logo and that's probably the last time any jet will make it into the logo. I don't even think the NFL would approve recycling that logo into a new one or let them opt for that logo for throwbacks. 

It's a shame but you're probably right.  Obviously I'm biased as I served in the USAF and follow the Jets.  I just think it's a natural connection and would emphasize our prowess as a deep penetrator.  

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

The tailgating drunks who show up in the second quarter smelling of body odor and vomit want luxury designer uniforms and architectural digest stadiums.

It gets no funnier than this.

SAR I

You're so frigging milquetoast. ?

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Wait what is this

On 5/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, SAR I said:

And showing up here telling me they suck is going to change mine?

The essence of the 80s uniform is what everyone was clamoring for, not a full-on throwback.  Team ownership decided to get rid of the oval, relocate the NY, and move on.  It's not that big a deal.  The shifting metallic green gradient and color depth is one of the tops in the league.

And the essence of the 80s helmet logo lives on-  the angled shoulder stripes are right off the tail of the "J" from the old helmet logo.

We've been in throwback uniforms for the last 20 years.  It was time to go modern.  I appreciate the decision and applaud the effort.  I am NOT in the 80s influence camp.  I desperately wanted to stick with white helmets.  You guys brought that on yourselves. 

balls.jpg

Yeah, the Jets are the only local sports team guilty of that crime.

SAR I

Always hated the Islanders, especially but not only because the logo cuts off Brooklyn and Rockaway in th left/west when i fact both are parts of LI. POTVIN SUCKS. How did doucehbag Marchand miss the oepn net ealry tonight? 

These were our uniforms during my childhood days of the early-mid 90's (and will always be my favorites). 

image.thumb.png.b4643e852aa68722189807772e61fc43.png

image.thumb.png.d05eb194c59c48c91452765420ca7fa0.png

image.thumb.png.0fe7ade523fa790a3510a8c2fb6b9ca7.png

image.png.118569de6eabecc5985475841bc44d16.png

I also loved these (late 90's). Return of the white helmets. 

image.thumb.png.3c5def46b158faacc865599ea7872553.png

image.png.d78d2f885f2be5cafffe2e728c7600a3.png

image.png.a5cf5594fec24badb159598dbf7b5fb1.png

image.thumb.png.63abfde925c5d90601e490d26ed68470.png

With that said I really like how 'NEW YORK' is actually written across our chest as of right now (just because it says NY due to NJ stealing that from us)...

image.thumb.png.6e38c44261e528df22177c9b0df45dc3.png

However if it were up to me I'd love to go back to our 80's/early 90's uniforms and no, I don't hate our current uniforms but it's just got Adam Gase stink written all over them and imo they must be burned (sooner rather than later). 

image.png

• Post of the Week 1