C.J. Mosely is ready to roll! Interview.

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i wouldn't count this guy out so fast.  if he can return to form he will be a force even if he isn't what people say is a saleh guy.  he looked pretty darn fast when he was trying to run down that receiver when he pulled his hamstring.  

I don't know why you guys keep referring to his hamstring - it was his groin that he pulled. Mosely will be "Comeback Player of the Year"! You heard it here first!

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I don't know why you guys keep referring to his hamstring - it was his groin that he pulled. Mosely will be "Comeback Player of the Year"! You heard it here first!

He didn't just pull it. It required surgery (prior to him choosing to opt out).

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/08/cj-mosley-ready-for-training-camp-new-york-jets-injury-report-groin-surgery/

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

He may be the single worst signing in Jets history next to Trumaine Johnson. 

121 snaps.

15 seconds per average NFL snap.

= 30.25 minutes of play as a New York Jet. 

$85,000,000 contact. 

= $2,809,917 per minute, for jack sh*t.  

Thanks Mac, ya ******* goon. 

Don't know why so many are on his case. He got injured and was out for the year. Sheet happens.  It's football not ping pong.  Then he opted out due to Covid which was sanctioned by the NFL.  He had every right to do so.  Let's see what happens this year to make a final determination.  Was he overpaid by Mac? Definitely. But who would turn down a ridiculous salary proposal?  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

I didn’t know he already played out his contract. 

He has played 1 year out of his 5, ffs. And in that 30 minutes of play, he did more than Trumaine did in his 2 years here. 

And he’s yet to hit his prime. SMDH. 

Except he's about to turn 29, which is past your prime at any NFL position but perhaps QB and kicker.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, isired said:
17 hours ago, JTJet said:
He may be the single worst signing in Jets history next to Trumaine Johnson. 
121 snaps.
15 seconds per average NFL snap.
= 30.25 minutes of play as a New York Jet. 
$85,000,000 contact. 
= $2,809,917 per minute, for jack sh*t.  
Thanks Mac, ya ******* goon. 

You know he didn't get paid for last year right? The whole year gets skipped. He's now signed through 2024 instead of 2023 and gets his 2020 base ($16MM) for 2021. Minus payback of the $150,000 'stipend' he got paid last year.

He was paid a huge roster bonus for 2020 IIRC.  Guy cashed in for 2020 nicely. There are no two ways about that.  What effect that has on him *this* year is an entirely different discussion.

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

We have watched him play A game. 

And that somehow convinced you he’s a bum? Did you actually watch the game? Even if you didn’t watch that game and just looked at stats, you still came up with that conclusion?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Except he's about to turn 29, which is past your prime at any NFL position but perhaps QB and kicker.

No, that’s when you’re hitting your prime peak for LBs. I’d say 32 is when you start showing your age. Mosley’s body hasn’t taken an NFL toll like LBs for about 3 years now so he’s what I call a fresh and rested body. Rusty? Yeah but that’s just a matter of couple of games at worse. Mosley will be the Jet difference maker in this scheme. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He was paid a huge roster bonus for 2020 IIRC.  Guy cashed in for 2020 nicely. There are no two ways about that.  What effect that has on him *this* year is an entirely different discussion.

Yeah I agree actually, I hope he will be a star for us. Unfortunately a dozen people on here dont understand a joke though. 

Sad times. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

And that somehow convinced you he’s a bum? Did you actually watch the game? Even if you didn’t watch that game and just looked at stats, you still came up with that conclusion?

Yes I watched the one game. Yes he was great in the one game. Yes I know his stats from the one game. Our return on investment for the one game as it stands right now... is sh*t.

(And yes I know he actually played two games, but the second game he was a hobbled husk of his healthy self)

With that being said, are you normally wound up this tight? Did that comment strike you as completely serious? If so, I dont know what to tell you. 

Until we as fans see him play...

A - A full season or anything resembling it

B - Playing at a level justifying $85 mil

...it is an extremely bad investment thus far, and that isn't even remotely a debate.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, JTJet said:

Yes. None of that changes what I posted. 

Considering the 30 minutes he was on the field was some of the most dominating football this team has seen in years, he gets a pass. Can't help an injury, things happen.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, shevys said:

Considering the 30 minutes he was on the field was some of the most dominating football this team has seen in years, he gets a pass. Can't help an injury, things happen.

Correction 15 minutes he was on the field was dominating. The other 15 from the second game he was a shell of a player. 

• Haha 1

Yeah his 2020 salary was basically the roster bonus - his base was $1M and his roster bonus was $10.5M so his salary was $11.5M and he got a $7.5M signing bonus ($1.5M amortized cap for 2020).

That was kind of my point, add $1M + $10.5M + $7.5M and divide it by the OP's 30.25 minutes and you get almost $700k per minute, which is plenty absurd without exaggerating / including money he'll be paid for any seasons he plays from 2021-2024.

7 hours ago, JTJet said:

Yes I watched the one game. Yes he was great in the one game. Yes I know his stats from the one game. Our return on investment for the one game as it stands right now... is sh*t.

(And yes I know he actually played two games, but the second game he was a hobbled husk of his healthy self)

With that being said, are you normally wound up this tight? Did that comment strike you as completely serious? If so, I dont know what to tell you. 

Until we as fans see him play...

A - A full season or anything resembling it

B - Playing at a level justifying $85 mil

...it is an extremely bad investment thus far, and that isn't even remotely a debate.

Like I said, let’s wait n see how the investment turned out. I don’t come to conclusions about a contract based on one game. Players get injured. Deal with it and stop crying about it. 

And no, com but usually this antsy but comments like yours are a low hanging fruit. 

• Haha 1