C.J. Mosely is ready to roll! Interview.

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

Yes I watched the one game. Yes he was great in the one game. Yes I know his stats from the one game. Our return on investment for the one game as it stands right now... is sh*t.

(And yes I know he actually played two games, but the second game he was a hobbled husk of his healthy self)

With that being said, are you normally wound up this tight? Did that comment strike you as completely serious? If so, I dont know what to tell you. 

Until we as fans see him play...

A - A full season or anything resembling it

B - Playing at a level justifying $85 mil

...it is an extremely bad investment thus far, and that isn't even remotely a debate.

So he’s basically like Kris Jenkins. 

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Like I said, let’s wait n see how the investment turned out. I don’t come to conclusions about a contract based on one game. Players get injured. Deal with it and stop crying about it. 

And no, com but usually this antsy but comments like yours are a low hanging fruit. 

He played hooky last year, took the roster bonus and chilled.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

He played hooky last year, took the roster bonus and chilled.  

It’s cost him an extra year Within this contract with zero additional money. Took the year off and gave up millions in the process. And if he played, we probably would’ve picked 10th overall. Glad CJ was out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Fantasy Island said:

1994 Topps Stadium Club Members Only Kyle Clifton #112 ...

Kyle says hello.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Fantasy Island said:

1994 Topps Stadium Club Members Only Kyle Clifton #112 ...

Kyle says hello.

Lance Mehl too. Mosey Lewis says ( sup). Hey, look who just walked in. Greg Buttle, and he brought the 1998 version of Brian Cox and Pepper Johnson with him.

• Upvote 1

I gotta say ... not any fault of his own ... I called it the moment he blew out his groin.... that's an injury that rarely goes away.

I hope hes back to 100%

As it stands currently .. worst signing ever due to circumstances.

Dude is a baller when healthy.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

We will welcome Mosely back with open arms this year.  He did the right thing.  Who in their right mind would want to waste a season playing for a Gase and Darnold led team?

It was the right move to skip last season and now he will dominate and play hard for our team that now has a real coach and a real qb.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Lets see how he plays as a 4-3 Mike. He doesn’t strike me as a sideline to sideline Linebacker. If he can’t play, it it’s his last year in NY. Plus I’d be happy to see the end of the Mike Maccagnan stench of players he brought in.

Hes here for 2 years.  Cant be cut and nobody will trade for him.  Theres a poison pill in this contract.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes here for 2 years.  Cant be cut and nobody will trade for him.  Theres a poison pill in this contract.

I know MacCoffee had some bad contracts, but this one is just awful. I'm glad we have some credible NFL leval people running the show now.

• Upvote 2

On 5/9/2021 at 11:54 AM, BurnleyJet said:

Lets see how he plays as a 4-3 Mike. He doesn’t strike me as a sideline to sideline Linebacker. If he can’t play, it it’s his last year in NY. Plus I’d be happy to see the end of the Mike Maccagnan stench of players he brought in.

On 5/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, BurnleyJet said:

I know MacCoffee had some bad contracts, but this one is just awful. I'm glad we have some credible NFL leval people running the show now.

Exactly right on all of this.  This is a Mike Maccagnan mistake that I hope Douglas/Saleh can salvage at least a little.  That's all we can all hope for at this point.  I think it will happen but that he'll of course never come close to meeting the lofty standards he established with his contract and that one half of football. 

I have zero issue whatsoever with Mosley because he did nothing wrong.  Really, he didn't!  He signed a huge contract and put in the minimal effort he needed to, and anyone who was hoping for more out of a player with this terrible franchise was just directing their unhappiness at the wrong person.  All of my anger is directed at Mike Maccagnan where it belongs. 

Now, we hope to be able to give him and Saleh credit for him contributing to this year's team while expectations are about as low as possible.

• Upvote 2

On 5/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, BurnleyJet said:

It is awful but I actually think Mosely is going to be a beast here for the next 2 years.

But yes, things like this will never happen under Joe Douglas.  That is why he is the master and will have us as a super bowl contender in by 2023.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is awful but I actually think Mosely is going to be a beast here for the next 2 years.

But yes, things like this will never happen under Joe Douglas.  That is why he is the master and will have us as a super bowl contender in by 2023.

I hope so, we finally seem to have a GM and proper NFL head coach. A Man destined to coach this team. He’s connected to the City with what happened with 911 and not scared to take on New York.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly right on all of this.  This is a Mike Maccagnan mistake that I hope Douglas/Saleh can salvage at least a little.  That's all we can all hope for at this point.  I think it will happen but that he'll of course never come close to meeting the lofty standards he established with his contract and that one half of football. 

I have zero issue whatsoever with Mosley because he did nothing wrong.  Really, he didn't!  He signed a huge contract and put in the minimal effort he needed to, and anyone who was hoping for more out of a player with this terrible franchise was just directing their unhappiness at the wrong person.  All of my anger is directed at Mike Maccagnan where it belongs. 

Now, we hope to be able to give him and Saleh credit for him contributing to this year's team while expectations are about as low as possible.

I'm sorry, but that's just laughably nonsensical excuse-making.  If he didn't want to play for this team, he didn't have to sign the contract in the first place.  They didn't draft him, it wasn't a franchise tag situation nor a trade, the choice was 100% his own, and he's responsible for living up to the deal he made.  The guy getting paid 10s of millions to contribute little more value to the team than those of us here is by no measure an innocent victim in this.

If he miserably fails to earn even a small fraction of that contract, while acting as a complete loafer, then he deserves every last shred of criticism he gets.  Macc offering the idiotic contract doesn't exonerate Mosley from currently being nothing more than a liability for this team until proven otherwise.

You know full well any desperate attempt to blame only one person for all of the Jets' problems is wrong 100% of the time, and this is no different.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm sorry, but that's just laughably nonsensical excuse-making.  If he didn't want to play for this team, he didn't have to sign the contract in the first place.  They didn't draft him, it wasn't a franchise tag situation nor a trade, the choice was 100% his own, and he's responsible for living up to the deal he made.  The guy getting paid 10s of millions to contribute little more value to the team than those of us here is by no measure an innocent victim in this.

If he miserably fails to earn even a small fraction of that contract, while acting as a complete loafer, then he deserves every last shred of criticism he gets.  Macc offering the idiotic contract doesn't exonerate Mosley from currently being nothing more than a liability for this team until proven otherwise.

You know full well any desperate attempt to blame only one person for all of the Jets' problems is wrong 100% of the time, and this is no different.

Anyone would have signed a market-setting contract, is my point.  But I understand where you're coming from.  We expected more.  His injury was unfortunate, and his contract was awful.  You're still feeling the sting and I get that. 

I'm over it, and just want to see him play with "all gas, no brakes" under THIS regime.  If he fails to do that here I'll most definitely have a problem with it.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:31 PM, JetBlue said:

I call it the "Saleh" effect ?.  He is going have his guys ready to go! 

that could be BUT add it to the PROVEN Gase effect of getting better when he is driven out of town and you may have the double allpro whammy here

On 5/9/2021 at 8:54 AM, BurnleyJet said:

If you recall he got injured when covering a rec down field in the EZ ... I think he can run. 

32 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He got hurt, tried to come back too early and got hurt again, and then opted out because of Covid.

What exactly has CJ Mosely done wrong?

On 5/8/2021 at 5:54 PM, Gibby said:

Lance Mehl too. Mosey Lewis says ( sup). Hey, look who just walked in. Greg Buttle, and he brought the 1998 version of Brian Cox and Pepper Johnson with him.

Absolutely! Mo Lewis was the stalwart of LB corps during the late -90’s early ‘00’s.

Don’t forget Marvin Jones. Another great Jets LB from that era.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Please confirm that this is humor on your part......

To answer honestly it was some small part serious, some much larger percentage throwing something out there that people could disagree with.  :)

Mosley makes the "All-Paid Team: 2021's highest earners by position"

Oof.

LB

C.J. Mosley

New York Jets · 28 years old

AVERAGE PER YEAR: $17 million
Full contract: Five years, $85 million (Signed: 2019)
Guaranteed at signing: $43 million (50.6 percent of contract)
2021 cash: $6 million
2021 cap hit: $7.5 million (4.1 percent of 2021 salary cap)

The Jets' return on investment on Mosley's contract has been less than desired thus far. However, an injury and pandemic are to blame for Mosley missing 30 of 32 games since signing his $85 million contract in 2019. The total value and fully guaranteed money are still the bar in the standup-linebacker market, despite being surpassed by Wagner in average per season.

Prior to joining the Jets as a free agent, the 2014 first-round pick ranked top five among linebackers in tackles, interceptions and passes defensed from 2014 through '18. He made four Pro Bowls in his first five seasons as a member of the Ravens. Robert Saleh should have no problem finding a place for the versatile linebacker in New York.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/2021-nfl-all-paid-team-patrick-mahomes-deandre-hopkins-joey-bosa-top-the-marquee
  • Upvote 1