Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

The 98's with a cleaned up logo would be awesome to have back. Miss the throwbacks, but not the oval logo. Also even though it's a niche ask, I would love to have the shoulder stripes from our 60's. 

If we could somehow combine those with an actual Jet inspired logo I'd be over the moon. Nothing in our uni's the last few decades have represented anything related to our team name. And no; pointy stripes that most people don't notice or care about do not count as a Jet representation.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

xr4co41af6151.jpg

Love it, maybe would like a darker green but the design is great and like I mentioned before those stripes are fantastic

Mix it with a Jet helmet with an actual Jet logo and you have top tier unis. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Where did that pop up from?

Decent. 

But the childish and basic Helmets logo needs a total redo, as well.

Fan concept that was posted on Reddit.

I prefer the white helmet. I'm not married to the oval logo, wouldn't mind a white helmet with 1963 or 1978 logo.

Jets-Logo-History.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We can't change for 3 years not worth worrying about. I do think teams with head coaches should be allowed to change uniforms if they so desire.

I think I heard that they can change early but there would be some kind of fine or fee. 

NFL Constitution and Bylaws Article XIX 19.9

(D) No club shall have the right to make changes in its club colors and/or in the designs of its team helmets or uniforms except in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) Absent specific extenuating circumstances as determined by the Commissioner, if a club desires to make any changes in club colors, uniform appearance, designs of team helmets, designs of team uniforms, trademarks, or trade names, it must give written notice and details thereof to the League on or before March 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; must comply with the uniform change notification and approval timeline as established by the League office and amended from time to time; and further must obtain approval from the League pursuant to Section 19.9(D)(2) by December 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; otherwise it shall have no right to make any change for the succeeding season.

(2) Despite the provisions of the foregoing sub-paragraph (1) of this Section 19.9(D) and despite the fact that notice was given of the proposed change in the colors and/or designs of team helmet and uniforms as above set out, should such change, in the opinion of the Commissioner, result in any conflict with the club colors and/or helmet and uniform designs of any other club, and the clubs involved are unable to agree upon a method of solving such conflict, the Commissioner shall have the right to designate the club colors and/or the designs of the team helmet or uniforms to be used by the affected clubs in such season.

2002 Resolution G-3

Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than once every five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner.

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

No matter what uniform the Jets are wearing there is a thread to change them. Trust me if they start winning, these uniforms will look fine.

No! They won’t. They are complete sh*t. However, if you promise they will win starting this year..... I’m willing to put it to the test. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

They absolutely need to change them ASAP. If they can do it now paying a penalty the Johnson’s should do it as a small apology for the terrible product fans have had to endure. 

I honestly like the ‘78 colors, what I grew up on, but the deeper green color scheme and jerseys with a helmet that has something closer to the ‘78 logo would be tight.

Simple is always best with uniforms. They got way way too cute with the redesign.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

When the time comes when it’s possible I really want our fanbase to actually come together and get this message across.

They’re the worst jersey’s in the NFL and a f*cking embarrassment given there was nothing wrong with the preceding uni. I’ve never buying another unless they change it back. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1