Division Rival analysis - Buffalo Bills Draft

12 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

A 3 Down LB who never leaves the field. What more could you want?

A good 3 down LBer that never leaves the field especially since the 5th year option is gonna end up being $12 million for 1 year. It’s not blind hate. I really like Matt Milano and I’ll generally praise Beane’s work, but Edmunds is super mediocre to below average. 

48 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A good 3 down LBer that never leaves the field especially since the 5th year option is gonna end up being $12 million for 1 year. It’s not blind hate. I really like Matt Milano and I’ll generally praise Beane’s work, but Edmunds is super mediocre to below average. 

Edmunds was drafted as a raw prospect. His age and Physical traits give him an amazing ceiling. He became the defense captain as a rookie, and has been calling the defensive calls since. 

While he isn't Elite, he has still been good. He still has room for plenty of growth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Well his peers and coaches doesn’t think he’s mediocre hence why he was selected to two pro bowls .

2 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

Edmunds was drafted as a raw prospect. His age and Physical traits give him an amazing ceiling. He became the defense captain as a rookie, and has been calling the defensive calls since. 

While he isn't Elite, he has still been good. He still has room for plenty of growth.

I can buy the upside argument. To date tho he hasn’t been worth the pick and unless he becomes much better that 5th year option makes me smile as a Jets fan. I also think Beane is too smart to pay Edmunds $12 million to prove himself. 

3 minutes ago, Bufflegend26 said:

Well his peers and coaches doesn’t think he’s mediocre hence why he was selected to two pro bowls .

Coaches and peers kept Quinnen Williams out of the pro bowl and voted Jamal Adams a top 30 player in the league. Spare me the pro bowl narrative.  4 tackles for loss in a whole season got Tremaine Edmunds into the Pro Bowl. 

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I can buy the upside argument. To date tho he hasn’t been worth the pick and unless he becomes much better that 5th year option makes me smile as a Jets fan. I also think Beane is too smart to pay Edmunds $12 million to prove himself. 

Coaches and peers kept Quinnen Williams out of the pro bowl and voted Jamal Adams a top 30 player in the league. Spare me the pro bowl narrative.  4 tackles for loss in a whole season got Tremaine Edmunds into the Pro Bowl. 

Gotta give kdels credit.

He sticks to his story even when he has been proven wrong. I suppose there is something to be said about that.

Or maybe he doesn't know that 2/3rd of the Pro-Bowl vote comes from NFL Coaches and Players (not fans).

If the Bills have any sustained success, their fans are going to be worse than Pats fans... is that where you want to go Bills fans because you're well on the way.

You don't have to be defensive anytime anyone says anything that isn't glowingly positive about your team. Just go enjoy having a good team. 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If the Bills have any sustained success, their fans are going to be worse than Pats fans... is that where you want to go Bills fans because you're well on the way.

You don't have to be defensive anytime anyone says anything that isn't glowingly positive about your team. Just go enjoy having a good team. 

It’s not about getting defensive it’s about correcting your assessment of a player on our team 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

If you do a redraft of the 2018 draft 1st round, who would have been a better for the Bills when they picked Edmunds 16th? The only player I see as a clear upgrade is Jaire Alexander. 

DJ Moore and Ridley are debatable.

Edmunds has been better than both LBs (Vander Esch and Rashan Evans)

We already have good safeties, so Derwin James wasn't needed.

We didn't need Frank Ragnow because we already had Mitch Morse.

We didn't need Isiah Wynn because we already had Dion Dawkins.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

If you do a redraft of the 2018 draft 1st round, who would have been a better for the Bills when they picked Edmunds 16th? The only player I see as a clear upgrade is Jaire Alexander. 

DJ Moore and Ridley are debatable.

Edmunds has been better than both LBs (Vander Esch and Rashan Evans)

We already have good safeties, so Derwin James wasn't needed.

We didn't need Frank Ragnow because we already had Mitch Morse.

We didn't need Isiah Wynn because we already had Dion Dawkins.

Could’ve drafted Isiah Wynn at RT instead of the risky play (at the time) of Daryl Williams 2 years later.

You didn’t sign Morse til the next year but having Ragnow would’ve been better than having to sign Quinton Spain and Mitch Morse the next offseason. 

Both Wynn and Ragnow would’ve negated the need for the Cody Ford pick. 

Ridley and Moore would’ve been better picks I don’t know what was offered but a trade back would’ve a nice move there especially if you could’ve gotten Darius Leonard.

Actually, taking a league average LBer after taking Josh Allen was a bad move by your GM. Luckily, he’s good at not compounding mistakes and fixed it by spending on Spain, Morse, and Williams.

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Could’ve drafted Isiah Wynn at RT instead of the risky play (at the time) of Daryl Williams 2 years later.

You didn’t sign Morse til the next year but having Ragnow would’ve been better than having to sign Quinton Spain and Mitch Morse the next offseason. 

Both Wynn and Ragnow would’ve negated the need for the Cody Ford pick. 

Ridley and Moore would’ve been better picks I don’t know what was offered but a trade back would’ve a nice move there especially if you could’ve gotten Darius Leonard.

Actually, taking a league average LBer after taking Josh Allen was a bad move by your GM. Luckily, he’s good at not compounding mistakes and fixed it by spending on Spain, Morse, and Williams.

You are right about the timeline with Morse, I don't know how I forgot that. Either way I still think Edmunds vs Ragnow/Wynn is debatable. Wynn is consistently hurt also.

That being said, I just disagree with your overall assessment of Edmunds. Football isn't only played on one side of the ball. The defense took a lot of pressure off Allen during his first couple years, which gave him time to develop. Instead of having to play hero-ball every week, Allen learned how to play winning football.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bufflegend26 said:

It’s not about getting defensive it’s about correcting your assessment of a player on our team 

"correcting" someone opinion because you don't agree with it is pretty much the definition of being defensive. Why are you concerned if Jets fans have the 'right' option?

50 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

"correcting" someone opinion because you don't agree with it is pretty much the definition of being defensive. Why are you concerned if Jets fans have the 'right' option?

I think you have it a bit backwards. The guy basically said "Bills fans think Edmunds suck", when most Bills fans would disagree with that. 

It's similar to me saying "Quinnen sucks, and even Jets fans would agree".

2 hours ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

I think you have it a bit backwards. The guy basically said "Bills fans think Edmunds suck", when most Bills fans would disagree with that. 

It's similar to me saying "Quinnen sucks, and even Jets fans would agree".

Again, why are you concerned about the perceptions of Jets fans? Why does that matter to you? What drives your intrinsic need to 'correct' Jets fans opinions? 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Again, why are you concerned about the perceptions of Jets fans? Why does that matter to you? What drives your intrinsic need to 'correct' Jets fans opinions? 

I don't care if he thinks Edmunds sucks, that's his opinion. He also asked us for our opinions on Edmunds.

The problem is he said "Bills fans think he sucks". He can't make an opinion for other people.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

I don't care if he thinks Edmunds sucks, that's his opinion. He also asked us for our opinions on Edmunds.

The problem is he said "Bills fans think he sucks". He can't make an opinion for other people.

I’m surprised that you guys came out of the woodwork for him. My friends who are Bills fans are openly anti-Edmunds and there’s plenty of articles about Edmunds performances from Bills fans sites. Probably just a vocal minority that I assumed represented the majority opinion. 

I amend my statement and accept that most Bills fans are homers that like Edmunds against the evidence that Edmunds isn’t very good while having rare physical traits.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m surprised that you guys came out of the woodwork for him. My friends who are Bills fans are openly anti-Edmunds and there’s plenty of articles about Edmunds performances from Bills fans sites. Probably just a vocal minority that I assumed represented the majority opinion. 

I amend my statement and accept that most Bills fans are homers that like Edmunds against the evidence that Edmunds isn’t very good while having rare physical traits.

Send that piece of crap LB that NFL coaches and players think is good, to the Jets!

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Well it seems like your friends are in the minority. You do know he played with a separated shoulder and he was missing his 1 Tec dl? Now I’m not saying he’s elite but he definitely doesn’t suck we can do alot worse with tremaine if your a true bills fans then you remember the days of the Keith Ellison’s of the world and Marcus bugs they sucked. Tremaine underwhelmed this year but to say he sucked his nuts.

• Upvote 1