A New Energy

1 hour ago, Shelbyblue said:

Not since the days of Rex have I felt this much energy from this team and maybe never from the QB position.

4 potential Day 1 Offensive starters for 2021 will do that! Having a couple of pieces last year coming on will help. 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 2

Agree...no one knows if it will result in more wins or a better team, but it's at least refreshing to have a coach who brings enthusiasm and energy.    Rex was like that but he brought a lot of buffoonish BS along as well.   Bowles and Gase were both low energy introvert types so let's at least be excited for someone who is fired up if nothing else

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Agree...no one knows if it will result in more wins or a better team, but it's at least refreshing to have a coach who brings enthusiasm and energy.    Rex was like that but he brought a lot of buffoonish BS along as well.   Bowles and Gase were both low energy introvert types so let's at least be excited for someone who is fired up if nothing else

They could go 0-16 next year and STILL be 10X better than the craploa we saw last year.  Saleh seems to be a no nonsense/take no prisoners HC. It’s his first HC job but he was a fiery DC on the sidelines and can’t wait to see him inject that same attitude in his team come September.  Saleh is the Anti-Gase/ Bowles.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I get what you are saying but...

you do not remember the Monday Night Miracle?  That Jet offense was lightning in a bottle for most of the season.

Ken O'Brien's duels with Dan Marino?  Maybe your too young for that.

Joe Namath calling the plays in a SBIII victory at the line because the Colts D was awesomely aggressive?

For us young folk, the fond memories are Chad Pennington and the Rex era. Unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I said this back in January. The energy and optimism coming out of Florham Park today would be impossible if we kept Darnold.

Yup.  He was just as big of a problem as Gase was.  It would be absolutely awful if darnold was still here.

Thank you Joe Douglas.  Thank you!!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Not since the days of Rex have I felt this much energy from this team and maybe never from the QB position.

I've tempered my expectations as a Jets fan over the years. I'm excited about our future, but the thing that pleases me the most is that the black cloud of the Adam Gase era (error) is gone. I never want to revisit that two years of organizational disaster ever again. 

• Sympathy 3

20 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Because in the past we had a soft bodied, quiet, wobbly passing tossing QB at the helm. A guy we all wanted to believe in, that never showed much and couldn't stay healthy... couldn't stop kissing infected girls... and just never hit the mark.  All he had to do was occasionally lumberingly scamper for a few years on a run to bring us back in. We were suckers hoping and praying for anyone to be our guy. But we didn't really ever believe. Hence, no real fire and excitement. But now.. now we got a upbeat, rocket armed monster throwing the rock. Its crazy seeing accurate throws would some mustard on them. Its on like donkey kong. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

For the first time since they bought the team, the Johnson's finally realized that letting a true football person run the team is the way franchise's have success.  Look at Jacksonville, where the owner's son is actually going to Meyer saying that Tebow would be a good guy to bring in????  Its literal insanity.  What qualifications does Tony Khan have to be giving Urban Meyer football advice?

Douglas has years of experience from a winning organization in Baltimore and seeing how a team shouldnt do things in Phila (yea they won a SB, but that organization is a complete mess).   He has a plan and sticks to it while keeping an open mind, which is how he wound up with Saleh as his first choice of HC.

Every interaction with Saleh that we have seen so far shows that he is a genuine guy who cares about the players as people just as much as he cares about them as players. If you want to be a gruff, business first guy like Belichek thats fine, but you better win because if you are gonna treat guys like that you need some sort of motivation.  Its a lot easier to cultivate a culture that way and I firmly believe you will see a full shift of what this organization is going forward.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

For the first time since they bought the team, the Johnson's finally realized that letting a true football person run the team is the way franchise's have success.  Look at Jacksonville, where the owner's son is actually going to Meyer saying that Tebow would be a good guy to bring in????  Its literal insanity.  What qualifications does Tony Khan have to be giving Urban Meyer football advice?

Douglas has years of experience from a winning organization in Baltimore and seeing how a team shouldnt do things in Phila (yea they won a SB, but that organization is a complete mess).   He has a plan and sticks to it while keeping an open mind, which is how he wound up with Saleh as his first choice of HC.

Every interaction with Saleh that we have seen so far shows that he is a genuine guy who cares about the players as people just as much as he cares about them as players. If you want to be a gruff, business first guy like Belichek thats fine, but you better win because if you are gonna treat guys like that you need some sort of motivation.  Its a lot easier to cultivate a culture that way and I firmly believe you will see a full shift of what this organization is going forward.

IMO the Johnsons always wanted a football guy as gm. They just picked the wrong guys since they got the team.  It seems like they finally got the right guy in Douglas.  Hopefully he’ll deliver.

• Upvote 4

Saleh definitely has great energy and vibe about him, total opposite of Gase which isnt saying much but still, you cant help but think that Saleh's energy isnt infectious.  It may be cheesy but whatever, I like, "All gas, no breaks" - it's an identity.  I think you need that as a team.  I think the team takes on the identity of it's leadership.  Bowles and Gase were just duds, Saleh has a charisma to him, cant help to be excited for him as a person let alone for the Jets.  

And opinions aside of the choice at QB, how can you not be excited or at least highly intrigued but what JD has done.  Focus on building an offense around a young QB, 2 years in a row drafted offensive players in the 1st and 2nd round, 5 picks altogether.   Just totally different then what we've become accustomed to and that alone has me excited about the future because it seems we finally have a proper organizational structure and a GM with a vision that matches our HC's identity.  

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, pointman said:

Hence, no real fire and excitement. But now.. now we got a upbeat, rocket armed monster throwing the rock. Its crazy seeing accurate throws would some mustard on them. Its on like donkey kong. 

He's a frail undersized mid major with an injury history 

If ZW starts and makes it through 17 games healthy that will be a surprise 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's a frail undersized mid major with an injury history 

If ZW starts and makes it through 17 games healthy that will be a surprise 

Every year you do this. Don’t start.  

Our coach and GM are on the same page with a brilliant plan and lots of additional resources. We drafted who we think is going to be our future signal caller for a long time, drafted AVT to hold down the LG position next to Becton, have talented players on both sides of the field, AND have the following draft picks in 2022:

• Two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks. If you do not feel the energy the OP is talking about, then slap yourself. This is looking good. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Every year you do this. Don’t start.  

Our coach and GM are on the same page with a brilliant plan and lots of additional resources. We drafted who we think is going to be our future signal caller for a long time, drafted AVT to hold down the LG position next to Becton, have talented players on both sides of the field, AND have the following draft picks in 2022:

• Two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks. If you do not feel the energy the OP is talking about, then slap yourself. This is looking good. 

Contra case this franchise has been a loser for the past ten years. It is a roster of players that only know how to lose.

They have a rookie qb who's never played in a big game, they have a new 4-3 defense with half safeties converting to olb. They have no tight end, no corners, 1 pass rusher and only 2 decent offensive lineman 

It will be years before they get above 500

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Contra case this franchise has been a loser for the past ten years. It is a roster of players that only know how to lose.

They have a rookie qb who's never played in a big game, they have a new 4-3 defense with half safeties converting to olb. They have no tight end, no corners, 1 pass rusher and only 2 decent offensive lineman 

It will be years before they get above 500

They are rebuilding! This doesn’t happen overnight. Gase is gone and Mac does not call the shots anymore. It’s quite clear JD knows what he’s doing. It’s quite clear the players love what Saleh is bringing. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

It’s a shame. I used to enjoy your posts. Knowledgeable and fluent about oline stuff, which I believe is the key to success.    Now, not so much. Now you have an agenda. Such a shame. 

Yes my agenda is realistic expectations 

You want to hope go ahead and hope. 

Enjoy your summer of hope 

Reality always comes knocking in the fall 

When these guys win games they will be winners right now they are losers on a national scale 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

They are rebuilding! This doesn’t happen overnight. Gase is gone and Mac does not call the shots anymore. It’s quite clear JD knows what he’s doing. It’s quite clear the players love what Saleh is bringing. 

Ah yes the endless rebuild 

JD is in year 3 and hasn't done jack squat for the first two years, other than the Becton pick. He just pushed all in on ZW 

If Wilson washes out they aren't giving jd another big swing 

Essentially jds entire NFL career depends on Zach wilson 

• Upvote 2