A New Energy

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes my agenda is realistic expectations 

You want to hope go ahead and hope. 

Enjoy your summer of hope 

Reality always comes knocking in the fall 

When these guys win games they will be winners right now they are losers on a national scale 

You should go back to being quiet like you were during the draft 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You want to hope go ahead and hope. 

Enjoy your summer of hope 

Reality always comes knocking in the fall 

When these guys win games they will be winners right now they are losers on a national scale 

I understand you are now part of the “media”.  Makes sense. Stake out a controversial position for clicks. You were much better when you were just a fan. Obviously that is long gone now. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

He's a frail undersized mid major with an injury history 

If ZW starts and makes it through 17 games healthy that will be a surprise 

Nah. He is young, with a good frame. He will put on weight. Sam on the other hand, soft bodied, soft minded... misses games left and right all the time. Plus, Sam isn't good. Zach's an upgrade in all aspects already.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Calling a 6" 2'+ QB frail and small, destined for injury at every friggen turn when reading a positive post isnt realistic, its an example of trolling

Congrats

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Saleh definitely has great energy and vibe about him, total opposite of Gase which isnt saying much but still, you cant help but think that Saleh's energy isnt infectious.  It may be cheesy but whatever, I like, "All gas, no breaks" - it's an identity.  I think you need that as a team.  I think the team takes on the identity of it's leadership.  Bowles and Gase were just duds, Saleh has a charisma to him, cant help to be excited for him as a person let alone for the Jets.  

And opinions aside of the choice at QB, how can you not be excited or at least highly intrigued but what JD has done.  Focus on building an offense around a young QB, 2 years in a row drafted offensive players in the 1st and 2nd round, 5 picks altogether.   Just totally different then what we've become accustomed to and that alone has me excited about the future because it seems we finally have a proper organizational structure and a GM with a vision that matches our HC's identity.  

all of this is true but i just can't see it with jif gunior

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GandWFan said:

I understand you are now part of the “media”.  Makes sense. Stake out a controversial position for clicks. You were much better when you were just a fan. Obviously that is long gone now. 

Yeah. Max pays me 1 millionth of a doge coin for every successful troll

it's a lucrative business

8 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

youre not the boss of me GIF

15 hours ago, CTM said:

all of this is true but i just can't see it with jif gunior

I get it which is why I said QB choice aside, it's still exciting IMO.  How long have we been asking for this type of approach?  They have a vision and I love the approach and if they felt Wilson was the best fit, I just have to hope they get it right.  Put it this way, if they took Zachapono and then took a Mac like approach, I'd probably be furious but I cant help but want to see this play out because while he might not feel right, the approach does.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I get it which is why I said QB choice aside, it's still exciting IMO.  How long have we been asking for this type of approach?  They have a vision and I love the approach and if they felt Wilson was the best fit, I just have to hope they get it right.  Put it this way, if they took Zachapono and then took a Mac like approach, I'd probably be furious but I cant help but want to see this play out because while he might not feel right, the approach does.

Since watching OBrien, toon, walker and McNeil

I like the approach for sure but the reality is if Wilson flames out he takes the regime with him 

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Since watching OBrien, toon, walker and McNeil

I like the approach for sure but the reality is if Wilson flames out he takes the regime with him 

Coaching staff, probably, I think if JD builds a really solid team and it's clear he just missed on Wilson...he might get another shot at QB.  The one thing he did for himself with all the extra picks is make missing on Wilson not as punishing of a blow like say Sam and Sanchez because we didnt give up picks to go get a QB.  

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Coaching staff, probably, I think if JD builds a really solid team and it's clear he just missed on Wilson...he might get another shot at QB.  The one thing he did for himself with all the extra picks is make missing on Wilson not as punishing of a blow like say Sam and Sanchez because we didnt give up picks to go get a QB.  

It's the highest pick this team has made for three decades. If JD misses on ZW it will hurt, bad 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's the highest pick this team has made for three decades. If JD misses on ZW it will hurt, bad 

True.  lol  But 4 1st round picks makes it a little easier to stomach.  On the flip, it does not if either Lance, Fields or good lawd!, if Sam blows up....

On 5/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, JiFapono said:

Saleh definitely has great energy and vibe about him, total opposite of Gase which isnt saying much but still, you cant help but think that Saleh's energy isnt infectious.  It may be cheesy but whatever, I like, "All gas, no breaks" - it's an identity.  I think you need that as a team.  I think the team takes on the identity of it's leadership.  Bowles and Gase were just duds, Saleh has a charisma to him, cant help to be excited for him as a person let alone for the Jets.  

And opinions aside of the choice at QB, how can you not be excited or at least highly intrigued but what JD has done.  Focus on building an offense around a young QB, 2 years in a row drafted offensive players in the 1st and 2nd round, 5 picks altogether.   Just totally different then what we've become accustomed to and that alone has me excited about the future because it seems we finally have a proper organizational structure and a GM with a vision that matches our HC's identity.  

Yes to all of this.  It was silly, but the back to back years my UNCW Seahawks went to the NCAA Tournament, our slogan was "Run, defend, win".  So bad, right?  And who cares about UNCW?  But it worked here and that's what's relevant.  An identity/philosophy/slogan matters.  Probably because it reflects something about the people who created that identity.  It signifies there was a plan there and they had the smarts to make it happen, even under less than ideal circumstances.

The NFL doesn't care about the Jets right now.  We're a laughing stock and have been for a decade.  But all of a sudden there's a pretty good chance we're going to sneak up on people because of "All Gas, no breaks."  Cheesy?  Of course it is, as you say.  Can it happen?  Also yes.  There seems to be a plan and an identity coming together and that's a reason to be excited, even when we've all been so wrong and stupid about this bad franchise in the past.

And yes, I fully acknowledge this was just me reiterating your point in a different way but I felt like doing it anyways, lol.  Hope that's ok.  ❤️ 

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, Ghost said:

Every year you do this. Don’t start.  

Our coach and GM are on the same page with a brilliant plan and lots of additional resources. We drafted who we think is going to be our future signal caller for a long time, drafted AVT to hold down the LG position next to Becton, have talented players on both sides of the field, AND have the following draft picks in 2022:

• Two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks. If you do not feel the energy the OP is talking about, then slap yourself. This is looking good. 

Let bit be bit.  I want him wrong and I want him not already on the bandwagon when the team succeeds.  Is that petty?  Of course.  The right approach?  IMO, also yes.  You either believe or you don't.  I believe, despite no rational or logical reason for believing.

On 5/9/2021 at 10:28 AM, Tranquilo said:

I used to hate bit.  Now I like him.  Because he brings the rest of us together in opposition to his weird viewpoints. No one agrees with Bit.  Not one person.  That's rare to find.  He's a treasure.  

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 7:28 AM, bitonti said:

Ah yes the endless rebuild 

JD is in year 3 and hasn't done jack squat for the first two years, other than the Becton pick. He just pushed all in on ZW 

If Wilson washes out they aren't giving jd another big swing 

Essentially jds entire NFL career depends on Zach wilson 

You're really just trolling!  Worrying about ZW is very legitimate.  But predicting failure with no real evidence is the opposite side of the same "homers" card.  Just negative instead of positive.

As for JD, I agree he has bet big time on ZW.  But any GM who picks a QB early is doing the same.  The NFL is a zero sum game--if one GM wins, another loses.  So the question isn't whether he's made some bad choices--he has.  The question is whether he has made more good decisions than bad.

So the ZW call is huge but with an unknown outcome.  The balance of his other decisions--cap, coaches, draft, udfa's--has been very positive.  Especially if you consider the history of the Jets.

• Upvote 1