Jets ready for Zach Wilson start Week 1, will lead team to come playoffs time

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who knows about the playoffs but in the NFL one thing is for sure:

a team can make a complete 360 during an off-season and go from awful to playoffs and/or playoffs to awful etc the following season. 

And another thing is for sure in regards to our Jets;

Over the past two offseasons we've made a complete and an absolute offensive 360 turnaround of a jump shot. 

We've drafted within the first 2 rounds a...

QB: Zach Wilson #2 overall.

WR: Denzel Mims 2nd round. 

WR: Elijah Moore 2nd round. 

LT: Mekhi Becton 1st round. 

LG: Vera-Tucker. 

Off the top of my head that's 5 immediate offensive starters to continue building around. 

FA splash @ WR in Corey Davis = Make that 6 new (key) offensive starters. 

Throw in our 4th round 2021 home run Michael Carter who rushed for over 300+ yards vs Miami U and that's = 7 key offensive starters on the verge of developing together. 

QB. Wilson. 

LT: Becton. 

WR: Davis. 

WR. Mims. 

WR. Moore. 

RB: Carter. 

That's 7 players I'm super excited about as additions over the next two years not including JAMISON CROWDER and/or any sleepers like Keenan Cole and a kid I still love in Herndon Jr getting his fire back (post Gase). 

Most importantly. Gase isn't here to ruin these kids anymore. 

I wanted Trevor Lawrence but fk it I'm A+ excited because if Zach Wilson is truly a special kid we're all going to absolutely love looking forward to watching an N.Y Jets offense and for many of years to come too. 

Ah, sweet mary jane. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

a team can make a complete 360 during an off-season and go from awful to playoffs and/or playoffs to awful etc the following season. 

Over the past two offseasons we've made a complete and an absolute offensive 360 turnaround of a jump shot. 

Off the top of my head that's 5 immediate offensive starters to continue building around. 

Throw in our 4th round 2021 home run Michael Carter who rushed for over 300+ yards vs Miami U and that's = 7 key offensive starters on the verge of developing together. 

QB. Wilson. 

WR. Mims. 

WR. Moore. 

That's 7 players I'm super excited about as additions over the next two years not including JAMISON CROWDER and/or any sleepers like Keenan Cole and a kid I still love in Herndon Jr getting his fire back (post Gase). 

I wanted Trevor Lawrence but fk it I'm A+ excited because if Zach Wilson is truly a special kid we're all going to absolutely love looking forward to watching an N.Y Jets offense and for many of years to come too. 

I'll throw in TE Kenny Yaboah as what you might say is a dark horse for excitement. From early on day 3 of the draft to the end I kept seeing him on Kiper's top 10 and I wanted Jets to draft him. Very glad we got him as an UDFA and based on going undrafted he may have a rather big chip in his shoulder. Also, since we are giving him 200K guaranteed I would assume they will bring him along as making the 53 roster and getting playing time unless he shows he is not ready for the NFL.

• Upvote 1

I’m also excited but our defense not ready to push for playoffs. My hope is that the offense under Wilson shows itself to be a huge improvement and we can invest heavily in defense next off season — EDGE and CB1 desperate need — and be ready for a run in Wilson’s 3rd NFL season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I’m also excited but our defense not ready to push for playoffs. My hope is that the offense under Wilson shows itself to be a huge improvement and we can invest heavily in defense next off season — EDGE and CB1 desperate need — and be ready for a run in Wilson’s 3rd NFL season. 

I'm not convinced Douglas is done picking up vet FA's. Particularly at CB.

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Doesn’t seem Saleh requires elite cb’s. JD has bypassed Nelson in FA. With 2 #1’s and 2#2’s next year, look for JD to continue fortifying the OL, edge, then CB and WR in round 2. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, pointman said:

I'll just be happy if we hang 40 on Carolina. Even happier if we beat Tampa. And elated if Jamal doesn't get a contract. 

Go ahead and look at the Carolina roster 

It's deep as hell compared to the NYJ. They have cmc, 3 legit wr, and the it pass rush is Brian burns, hassan Reddick 

That team is loaded for bear 

The Jets have half an offense and half a defense 

• Upvote 2

jets are certainly not pushing for a playoff spot next year but to think they’re predestined to win only 4 games is also wrong - with good coaching and a little luck i can see 6 wins np - i understand the frustrations of long time posters who have allowed bitterness to completely consume their judgement - maybe it’s time to root for another team - their are 31 others you know - should be easy to pick one ( or two) js

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Adam Gase can lead an awful Mike Maccagnan roster to 7 wins, Robert Saleh had damn well better lead a strong Joe Douglas roster to 8.

And that puts us in the playoff conversation.  

SAR I

That 7 game win record was a joke. They could have easily lost 4-5 of those games and they had a easy schedule as well. They followed that up with a 2-14 record. That’s all you need to know about Gase. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

That 7 game win record was a joke. They could have easily lost 4-5 of those games and they had a easy schedule as well. They followed that up with a 2-14 record. That’s all you need to know about Gase. 

This year's schedule is easier than 2019.

Half the 2019 roster was on IR.  We didn't have a starting quarterback and sent out a grocery clerk for the first month.

If Robert Saleh can't get to 8 wins, be afraid, be very afraid.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

On 5/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

QB. Wilson. 

WR. Mims. 

WR. Moore. 

I read this without looking at the username.

I would have bet it was SARS.

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Adam Gase can lead an awful Mike Maccagnan roster to 7 wins, Robert Saleh had damn well better lead a strong Joe Douglas roster to 8.

SAR I

@SAR I  Reminder the NY Jets play in the AFC East not the NFC East. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Joe Willy beat me to it..

On 5/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, bitonti said:

Playoffs huh? They won 2 last year. 

Lets see if this collection of losers and virgins can win 4 games huh? 

This team suffered a number of injuries to key personnel to start the season and experienced the worst coaching I have seen in all my years.  With ANY other decent NFL coach this team could have and probably should have won at least 2 or 3 more games and that is including the injuries.    Anyone who is focusing on last years record is going to in for surprise when this team wins 6 or more games this year.  I could see them going 7-10 or 10-7 if everything broke right.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

This team suffered a number of injuries to key personnel to start the season and experienced the worst coaching I have seen in all my years.  With ANY other decent NFL coach this team could have and probably should have won at least 2 or 3 more games and that is including the injuries.    Anyone who is focusing on last years record is going to in for surprise when this team wins 6 or more games this year.  I could see them going 7-10 or 10-7 if everything broke right.    

yes yes. 

side note their best defender just broke his foot against air

injuries are going to happen. They seem worse on the Jets because of a complete lack of depth 

I'm not exactly a math wiz but if the Jets win 4 they will have doubled last year's total. 6 would triple. Vegas has the over under at 6. last year's was 6.5 pre Jamal Adams trade (and with 1 less game, it's a 16 game season)

4 or 5 wins would be a good job for this half funded, everyone on the job is new team

heck the other day Saleh forgot he was HC. there's going to be some rocky moments. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

THIS.  I know it is very difficult but folks need to leave the baggage of previous eras in the past and try, to look at this team, CS and Mgt with FRESH eyes.   If this were any other team in the NFL the pundits would be saying this is a team to watch and a team on the rise, but because it is the Jets, they have to carry the failures of the last 20 plus years on their backs.    It is time to "cut the cord" and usher in new era of Jets football.  If this team can stay relatively healthy, especially at the key positions, I think we are going to surprise some people.  I fully expect the team to get better as the season progresses and become a team no one wants to play by December.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ncjetman said:

jets are certainly not pushing for a playoff spot next year but to think they’re predestined to win only 4 games is also wrong - with good coaching and a little luck i can see 6 wins np - i understand the frustrations of long time posters who have allowed bitterness to completely consume their judgement - maybe it’s time to root for another team - their are 31 others you know - should be easy to pick one ( or two) js

The jets won 2 games last year and fired everyone (again) now's not really the time to apply the "fan purity test" 

here's a hot take: fans rooting for the team or against the team have no bearing on the outcome of these games 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes yes. 

side note their best defender just broke his foot against air

injuries are going to happen. They seem worse on the Jets because of a complete lack of depth 

I'm not exactly a math wiz but if the Jets win 4 they will have doubled last year's total. 6 would triple. Vegas has the over under at 6. last year's was 6.5 pre Jamal Adams trade (and with 1 less game, it's a 16 game season)

4 or 5 wins would be a good job for this half funded, everyone on the job is new team

heck the other day Saleh forgot he was HC. there's going to be some rocky moments. 

Wow dude, what has happened to you over the years?  I remember you as someone I used to enjoy reading, and while you have been wrong on your share of players, (who hasn't?) you at least used to have solid rationale for your thought process.  Now it just seems you are that old dude yelling at the kids to get off your grass.   I will be honest it is not a pretty sight to behold.  I hope this team surprises you and you can get back some of your earlier joy and excitement about being a fan of this team.  I mean otherwise, what's the point really? 

• Thumb Down 1

I know we do this every year but I mean it’s statistically improbable(not impossible) for the Jets to have a worse year than last year. We also may have hit a HR with ZW hopefully he is as good as the “experts” say. The offseason is a great time for Jets fans bc we don’t have to watch our wonderful football team. Let’s try and keep hopes high 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Wow dude, what has happened to you over the years?  I remember you as someone I used to enjoy reading, and while you have been wrong on your share of players, (who hasn't?) you at least used to have solid rationale for your thought process.  Now it just seems you are that old dude yelling at the kids to get off your grass.   I will be honest it is not a pretty sight to behold.  I hope this team surprises you and you can get back some of your earlier joy and excitement about being a fan of this team.  I mean otherwise, what's the point really? 

I appreciate the sympathy the only way they will bring me joy is to win games that matter in the division 

Here's an honest question for you how can you be joyful and excited? Did you just get here? 

• Upvote 1