Jets ready for Zach Wilson start Week 1, will lead team to come playoffs time

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Nope been here for years, not to mention been a fan since the early 70s.   I carry my joy with me.  Sure I get discouraged and disgusted by this teams performance and mismanagement over the years.  But I like JD and his approach to building this team.  Has he made mistakes? Sure he has but his overall strategy has been sound.   I remember teams like the Saints and Bucs where were bigger jokes than the Jets ever were, eventually become respectable and even win Superbowls.  If those teams with their laughable history can turn it around, why can't the Jets?  See I don't live my life looking in the rear view mirror, it is very hard to get anywhere that way.   It is also a very depressing way to go through life. 

JD came away with a mixed bag last year..... grading from CBS Sports

ROUND OVERALL PLAYER SELECTED GRADE
1  11  OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville B 
2  59* WR Denzel Mims, Baylor A 
3  68* S Ashtyn Davis, Cal A-
3  79  EDGE Jabari Zuniga, Florida C-
4 120 RB La'Mical Perine, Florida C
4  125* QB James Morgan, FIU D 
4 129* OT Cameron Clark, Charlotte  B
5  158  CB Bryce Hall, Virginia A 
6  191  P Braden Mann, Texas A&M D+

Franchise LT; 

#1/#2 WR;

a ? at FS; 

An Edge who didn’t show anything

High character Rb who may not fit new scheme

Developmental Qb

A flyer on a mid-rd. G

Good value at CB for injured player

A Punter.

JD could not survive another draft like that again! He didn’t play games, and selected players...... not stockpiles of draft picks. Get the coaches players!

Lefleur should be happy with his new toys. Saleh & Ulbrecht have enough to go to war with this year. Their toys come next season.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Nope been here for years, not to mention been a fan since the early 70s.   I carry my joy with me.  Sure I get discouraged and disgusted by this teams performance and mismanagement over the years.  But I like JD and his approach to building this team.  Has he made mistakes? Sure he has but his overall strategy has been sound.   I remember teams like the Saints and Bucs who were bigger jokes than the Jets ever were, eventually become respectable and even win Superbowls.  If those teams with their laughable history can turn it around, why can't the Jets?  See I don't live my life looking in the rear view mirror, it is very hard to get anywhere that way.   It is also a very depressing way to go through life. 

we can't live in the rear view we also can't live in a fantasy future that doesn't exist

you talk about depression, that's called being grounded. 

To get sky high means there's going to be a bottom. If we are handing out dime store diagnosis, I might be depressed you and the other homers might be bi-polar manics.

I've been there. I used to be the biggest homer on any message board. 

This is the ZW Mania we are in right now. Jersey buying, photoshopping wall papers, it's all wonderful and good. 

But also, right now, in the present, this roster is mostly dog poop and question marks and they are playing in a sick division. 

We look at Zach Wilson and see the future. Stephon Gilmore and Tarun Johnson see Interceptions, the PickSix Highway 

they didn't really get that much better through the draft. What did the get for sure, 3 players, maybe? What did they get last year Becton and half of Mims?  Is Wilson even going to be able to survive? Can Mosely their highest paid player even play 4-3? 

This is how I see the state of the franchise, still underfunded, going through tons of upheaval. Yall are talking playoffs. That's your delusion. 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

we can't live in the rear view we also can't live in a fantasy future that doesn't exist

you talk about depression, that's called being grounded. 

To get sky high means there's going to be a bottom. If we are handing out dime store diagnosis, I might be depressed you and the other homers might be bi-polar manics.

I've been there. I used to be the biggest homer on any message board. 

This is the ZW Mania we are in right now. Jersey buying, photoshopping wall papers, it's all wonderful and good. 

But also, right now, in the present, this roster is mostly dog poop and question marks and they are playing in a sick division. 

We look at Zach Wilson and see the future. Stephon Gilmore and Tarun Johnson see Interceptions, the PickSix Highway 

they didn't really get that much better through the draft. What did the get for sure, 3 players, maybe? What did they get last year Becton and half of Mims?  Is Wilson even going to be able to survive? Can Mosely their highest paid player even play 4-3? 

This is how I see the state of the franchise, still underfunded, going through tons of upheaval. Yall are talking playoffs. That's your delusion. 

You call it fantasy land but yet you are projecting something that hasn't even happened yet.  You prefer to see inteceptions and I choose completions.   Lets just leave it there because obviously there is no changing your point of view and you definitely are not changing mind.  Instead you choose to resort to insults and call me delusional.  Well if that makes you feel better, knock yourself out.   It must really suck to be you. 

33 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Great post I look at the Jets the same way although being Namath's age I got to experience a Bowl win.. I started as a Titan fan when the AFL started in 1960 when I was 16. I look at every season as a new beginning and with JD and the new staff a bright future could be coming soon.. I'm starting to realize fans that constantly whine get enjoyment being that way..:rolleyes:

Savage69 we both go back to the old Jet Addicts/Gang Green board.  We have suffered through the years of ineptitude and being a laughingstock of the league.   We finally have some folks in charge who seem to get it and are doing things the right way but folks still bitch, moan and whine because they didn't do things the way THEY wanted them to.   I think I will just ignore those folks going forward.  To paraphrase HAL 9000  in 2001, "That conversation can serve no useful purpose."  ;-)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Go ahead and look at the Carolina roster 

It's deep as hell compared to the NYJ. They have cmc, 3 legit wr, and the it pass rush is Brian burns, hassan Reddick 

That team is loaded for bear 

The Jets have half an offense and half a defense 

Sam isn't good. He might do better, but he isn't turning into going to suddenly shed his skin and become something completely different.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

yes yes. 

side note their best defender just broke his foot against air

injuries are going to happen. They seem worse on the Jets because of a complete lack of depth 

I'm not exactly a math wiz but if the Jets win 4 they will have doubled last year's total. 6 would triple. Vegas has the over under at 6. last year's was 6.5 pre Jamal Adams trade (and with 1 less game, it's a 16 game season)

4 or 5 wins would be a good job for this half funded, everyone on the job is new team

heck the other day Saleh forgot he was HC. there's going to be some rocky moments. 

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Wow dude, what has happened to you over the years?  I remember you as someone I used to enjoy reading, and while you have been wrong on your share of players, (who hasn't?) you at least used to have solid rationale for your thought process.  Now it just seems you are that old dude yelling at the kids to get off your grass.   I will be honest it is not a pretty sight to behold.  I hope this team surprises you and you can get back some of your earlier joy and excitement about being a fan of this team.  I mean otherwise, what's the point really? 

Personally I've loved the spiral into petty nihilism.. you keep doing you Bit.

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This year's schedule is easier than 2019.

Half the 2019 roster was on IR.  We didn't have a starting quarterback and sent out a grocery clerk for the first month.

If Robert Saleh can't get to 8 wins, be afraid, be very afraid.

SAR I

get-out-20172203.jpg

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Nope been here for years, not to mention been a fan since the early 70s.   I carry my joy with me.  Sure I get discouraged and disgusted by this teams performance and mismanagement over the years.  But I like JD and his approach to building this team.  Has he made mistakes? Sure he has but his overall strategy has been sound.   I remember teams like the Saints and Bucs who were bigger jokes than the Jets ever were, eventually become respectable and even win Superbowls.  If those teams with their laughable history can turn it around, why can't the Jets?  See I don't live my life looking in the rear view mirror, it is very hard to get anywhere that way.   It is also a very depressing way to go through life. 

We're undefeated in 2021!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  Reminder the NY Jets play in the AFC East not the NFC East. 

Look at this year's schedule.  It is easier than 2019.  And with a healthy Douglas roster, a great head coach, a great offensive coordinator, and a superior quarterback, how could we not improve on 7 wins?  How can you not expect, at a minimum, 8 wins?

If Gase got 7 wins, Saleh damn well better get 8.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JetBlue said:

This team suffered a number of injuries to key personnel to start the season and experienced the worst coaching I have seen in all my years.  With ANY other decent NFL coach this team could have and probably should have won at least 2 or 3 more games and that is including the injuries.    Anyone who is focusing on last years record is going to in for surprise when this team wins 6 or more games this year.  I could see them going 7-10 or 10-7 if everything broke right.    

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg

Expected Wins (Home):  Jags, Bengals, Saints, Eagles, and 1 Division win.

Expected Wins (Road):  Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Panthers, and 1 Division win.

That's 10 expected wins.  I'm saying that Saleh has to get 8 for this to be deemed a successful season.  Gase got 7 with a tougher schedule, half the team on IR, no quarterback for a month, and a Maccagnan roster.  If Jets fans don't have an 8 win mandate, they are a joke.

SAR I

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

4 or 5 wins would be a good job for this half funded, everyone on the job is new team

2019:  "I don't care that we had a third string quarterback for a month, I don't care that half the team was on IR, I don't care that a kicker cost us two games singlehandedly, I don't care that Mike Maccagnan was an awful GM.  Adam Gase winning 7 games is unacceptable!  My mother could have gotten 7 wins out of this team!"

2021:  "It's okay if we go 4-13.  See, we're too new.  Robert Saleh is no Adam Gase.  Oh, but someday."

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg

That's 10 expected wins.  I'm saying that Saleh has to get 8 for this to be deemed a successful season.  Gase got 7 with a tougher schedule, half the team on IR, no quarterback for a month, and a Maccagnan roster.  If Jets fans don't have an 8 win mandate, they are a joke.

SAR I

Oh no not a joke anything but being a joke. We've been held in such high regard for so long I'd hate to see that happen to our reputation.

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

The jets won 2 games last year and fired everyone (again) now's not really the time to apply the "fan purity test" 

here's a hot take: fans rooting for the team or against the team have no bearing on the outcome of these games 

"I have no answer why Robert Saleh 2021 shouldn't have an 8-win mandate with a better team and an easier schedule than Adam Gase 2019 so I'm going to make up some theory about 'fan purity' instead."

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh no not a joke anything but being a joke. We've been held in such high regard for so long I'd hate to see that happen to our reputation.

Putting it another way:  Jets fans need to stand by their "Maccagnan and Gase were the problem" platform and steadfastly believe that Douglas and Saleh should win a minimum of 8 games this year.  Douglas has been here a long time, we just got an "A" for our draft, we're not going to have half the roster in the hospital, we'll have a no-baggage-no-ghosts starting QB for the whole season, and the schedule is easier.

Time for Jets fans to put their money where their mouths are; Gase was the problem and now he's gone.  The '19 schedule was too easy and now '21 is even moreso.  Put up or shut up.  8 win mandate.  It's on.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg

SAR I

Were “expected” to beat at least 8 teams that had drastically better records than us last year?

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Putting it another way:  Jets fans need to stand by their "Maccagnan and Gase were the problem" platform and steadfastly believe that Douglas and Saleh should win a minimum of 8 games this year.  Douglas has been here a long time, we just got an "A" for our draft, we're not going to have half the roster in the hospital, we'll have a no-baggage-no-ghosts starting QB for the whole season, and the schedule is easier.

Time for Jets fans to put their money where their mouths are; Gase was the problem and now he's gone.  The '19 schedule was too easy and now '21 is even moreso.  Put up or shut up.  8 win mandate.  It's on.

SAR I

One day Gase sucks, another day you defend him

We're not the ones who need to shut up

honey boo boo spinning GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Pick six highway

LOL

What did they have 2 INTs between the two of them last season?

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

Were “expected” to beat at least 8 teams that had drastically better records than us last year?

Yes.  Here's why:

Drastically easier schedule than last year.

Drastically better head coach than last year.

Drastically better offensive coordinator than last year.

Drastically better defensive coordinator than last year.

Drastically better offensive personnel than last year.

Drastically better culture than last year.

The premise all along is that if we had a better head coach last season, we wouldn't have gotten only 2 wins.  The premise all along is that the 2019 schedule was easy and that led to 7 wins. 

You found the magic lamp on the beach, you rubbed it, and you got three wishes.  New HC, New OC, New QB.  Grade "A" on the draft.  Easy schedule.  Joe Douglas' fingerprints all over the roster.  No such thing as a rebuild in today's NFL.

8 win mandate.  Savvy?

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Here's why:

Drastically easier schedule than last year.

Drastically better head coach than last year.

Drastically better offensive coordinator than last year.

Drastically better defensive coordinator than last year.

Drastically better offensive personnel than last year.

Drastically better culture than last year.

The premise all along is that if we had a better head coach last season, we wouldn't have gotten only 2 wins.  The premise all along is that the 2019 schedule was easy and that led to 7 wins. 

You found the magic lamp on the beach, you rubbed it, and you got three wishes.  New HC, New OC, New QB.  Grade "A" on the draft.  Easy schedule.  Joe Douglas' fingerprints all over the roster.  No such thing as a rebuild in today's NFL.

8 win mandate.  Savvy?

SAR I

I’m not saying we won’t be better. I’m saying I don’t think we can be “expected” to beat teams that were better than us last year.

Especially considering that many of your positives are also negatives (newer/better coaches still need time for the team to get used to their schemes, for example).

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Facts said:

I’m not saying we won’t be better. I’m saying I don’t think we can be “expected” to beat teams that were better than us last year.

Last year we beat the playoff Rams and the playoff Browns in consecutive weeks.  And they were no weaklings either; both trounced their wildcard opponents and made it to the divisional round.

If you think so little of the roster and have such patience for another 2 or 3 win season, then we should have kept Adam Gase.  We don't need Robert Saleh getting burnt out and run out of town.  If you don't think this team is ready to take the next step then we should have stuck with the head coach we were already paying and had shown the ability to take a punch.

10 minutes ago, Facts said:

Especially considering that many of your positives are also negatives (newer/better coaches still need time for the team to get used to their schemes, for example).

You told me that Adam Gase was the worst coach in the world and you are right.  If Robert Saleh doesn't get to 8 wins this year on a schedule easier than Gase's 7 win season, we picked the wrong head coach.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Look at this year's schedule.  It is easier than 2019.  And with a healthy Douglas roster, a great head coach, a great offensive coordinator, and a superior quarterback, how could we not improve on 7 wins?  How can you not expect, at a minimum, 8 wins?

SAR I

765.jpg.cf8d6234b7303d80d302028e97268f18.jpg

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The wins I think will happen but 8 wins in the AFC East isn’t getting us in the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Great post I look at the Jets the same way although being Namath's age I got to experience a Bowl win.. I started as a Titan fan when the AFL started in 1960 when I was 16. I look at every season as a new beginning and with JD and the new staff a bright future could be coming soon.. I'm starting to realize fans that constantly whine get enjoyment being that way..:rolleyes:

Is there other form of fandom? I can't count the amount of times I've cried while watching teams that I support.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

"I have no answer why Robert Saleh 2021 shouldn't have an 8-win mandate with a better team and an easier schedule than Adam Gase 2019 so I'm going to make up some theory about 'fan purity' instead."

SAR I

Because it's not really a better team we just think it is 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Last year we beat the playoff Rams and the playoff Browns in consecutive weeks.  And they were no weaklings either; both trounced their wildcard opponents and made it to the divisional round.

If you think so little of the roster and have such patience for another 2 or 3 win season, then we should have kept Adam Gase.  We don't need Robert Saleh getting burnt out and run out of town.  If you don't think this team is ready to take the next step then we should have stuck with the head coach we were already paying and had shown the ability to take a punch.

You told me that Adam Gase was the worst coach in the world and you are right.  If Robert Saleh doesn't get to 8 wins this year on a schedule easier than Gase's 7 win season, we picked the wrong head coach.

SAR I

What if he gets 6 wins this year, 11 next year and 13 the following year?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Jets 2019 Strength of Schedule was .473

Jets 2021 Strength of Schedule is .489

So this years schedule is not easier.

And no one knows how good or bad any team is going to be in May.

• Upvote 1