How the Jets should throw Zach Wilson into the fire | Boomer and Gio

On 5/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, Beerfish said:

Well we have no alternative at all at this point.  Who is going to start instead, james morgan?

Why not?  That would be a best case scenario.  The hand-wringing last year over using a 4th round pick on a project QB was excessive, to say the least, so him winning the "bridge QB" job would serve to make a lot of people feel better about the pick. 

As long as it wouldn't be a situation where Morgan is getting promoted before he's deserving or ready, I fail to see why any Jets fan would be against it.  

On 5/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’s very simple,

Snap the ball,

take two steps back,

throw the ball.

if no one’s open,

take a knee.

if he can’t do that, then we’ll get another QB in 2 years.

Instead of taking a knee, rollout and if nobody is very obviously open then throw it out of bounds and not up for grabs. 

As long as Wilson shows he is able to run a competent NFL offense during pre-season/camp, then he will be starting.  Hopefully that is week 1.  If he cannot run an offense, then we need someone who can so the other young guys on the offense are given a chance to perform and get better.

And yes, I fully expect that we will sign a veteran QB to back up Wilson and who would start the season if Zach is not ready.  It will not do either Wilson or the team any good to send him out there to Falk up the offense

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, T0mShane said:

I didn’t say he was injury prone. I said he has an injury history. I do, however, think that sitting him for a bit might help him in all aspects—physically, emotionally, mentally, culturally, etc. He’s a thin, young-young dude from Utah who has never been too far away from home and who has had issues with leadership and being a good teammate (this is according to him, btw). There is no need to anoint him, and there are enough reasons to take the pressure off of him by not naming him the de facto starter on May 7th. What’s the rush? All this talk about him having to “earn the job” seems pretty flimsy when there isn’t a viable challenger on the roster and everyone in the org is talking about him like he’s the second coming. It’s a mistake, imo.

lol how about spiritually too?

So many here went from "Sweet Sammy" to "Sweet Zachapono" awfully quick.  You're not driving it but you're (perhaps unknowingly) contributing to it.  It's dumb.  Either he has the psyche and ability to play and will play well, or he doesn't and he won't.  Quit overcomplicating it.  It's Quarterbacking, not Oncology.  

Would like to think after experiening Sam Darnold not having the internal 2.5 second clock of getting rid of the ball, they scouted that as to Wilson. This kid is about to see an NFL pass rush of 300+ monsters that bench press Hondas and run like cats. The OL is going to be very important. 
I don't know. 
As Mike  Tyson says, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. 
Yup and every Rook from TL down will be experiencing the same damn thing ... its not unique to the Jets.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk