Zach Wilson's rookie cards

On 5/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, Warfish said:

Are sports cards still a thing?

I thought like so many of the great fun kids things of my past, the internet had murdered things like Baseball Cards by now.

During the pandemic, baseball cards made a huge comeback.

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

During the pandemic, baseball cards made a huge comeback.

I remember collecting as a kid. Was a blast. Now unless you pull a card with a 1 inch x 1 inch patch of game worn jersey glued to it or a prism dyed with the player’s blood, it’s worthless.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I remember collecting as a kid. Was a blast. Now unless you pull a card with a 1 inch x 1 inch patch of game worn jersey glued to it or a prism dyed with the player’s blood, it’s worthless.

As I understand that's not necessarily the case right now.  Lots of people my (our?) age with nothing to do during the pandemic have returned to collecting/trading with prices climbing.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-baseball-cards-pandemic-20210212-225ottvh4ngfjcho6qfixkqajy-story.html

Not my thing, but apparently a thing.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As I understand that's not necessarily the case right now.  Lots of people my (our?) age with nothing to do during the pandemic have returned to collecting/trading with prices climbing.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-baseball-cards-pandemic-20210212-225ottvh4ngfjcho6qfixkqajy-story.html

Not my thing, but apparently a thing.

Cool. “Investing” in bball cards or any “collectible” makes me laugh though — do it for the enjoyment. You know what’s going to be worth a ton in the future from our time? Something that everyone throws away without a second thought. Maybe Hoarders are into something!

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Cool. “Investing” in bball cards or any “collectible” makes me laugh though — do it for the enjoyment. You know what’s going to be worth a ton in the future from our time? Something that everyone throws away without a second thought. Maybe Hoarders are into something!

Agreed.  Speaking of which, anyone want to buy some Beanie Babies?

• Haha 1