Rich Cimini...

This is a paragraph from an article by Rich Cimini today...anyone see anything wrong with it?

New coach Robert Saleh hasn't revealed his plan for Wilson, but the organization's hope is that he will be ready to start by Week 1. After years of inconsistency at the position, the Jets are confident that Wilson -- the highest-drafted quarterback in franchise history -- can be a long-term fix.  

So, the key here is not AFL, NFL, CFL or ******* any other FL...he said the highest drafted quarterback in franchise history and that is Joe Namath...PERIOD!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nothing he said was incorrect. 

Namath was selected #1 overall in the AFL, not the NFL. In the NFL draft, he was selected 13th by the Cardinals. 

Facts ^^^ he haz them.... I didn’t know that either...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Namath was selected #1 overall in the AFL, not the NFL. In the NFL draft, he was selected #13 by the Cardinals. 

It's fair to assume he was talking about the modern NFL draft. 

I knew this but, if Cimini actually did, he should’ve mentioned it. I suspect he brain-farted, though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, slats said:

I knew this but, if Cimini actually did, he should’ve mentioned it. I suspect he brain-farted, though. 

I dont like Cimini as much as anyone else but from past articles I've read he has always had a fair grasp on NYJ history.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Namath was selected #1 overall in the AFL, not the NFL. In the NFL draft, he was selected #13 by the Cardinals. 

He was picked late in NFL draft because everyone basically knew at that point he was chasing the moolah and would sign with Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

He was picked late in NFL draft because everyone basically knew at that point he was chasing the moolah and would sign with Jets.

That and he demanded a car with his contract with the Cardinals and they didnt like that lol. 

• Haha 1

People seem to forget how hated Rich was for his garbage posts about the Jets. He was on par with Manish before Manish went full stupid. Lately he got that ESPN gig and is pretending the be a real unbias journalist but the real Rich slips through. Nothing he writes surprises me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Wrong...read it again.  Nothing is mentioned about the AFL or NFL.  He said that Wilson was the highest drafted QB chosen in franchise history and that is 100% wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Because the whole world knew he was signing with the Jets.  They actually kicked around the idea of giving the Giants a free shot by giving them the #1 pick to be able to offer Namath NYC and the NFL

Cimini didnt say the NFL Jets highest draft pick at QB, he said the Jets highest draft pick at QB

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

You knew what?  You knew nothing.  FRANCHISE HISTORY!  He didn't mention AFL or NFL...Namath was chosen in the first round with the first pick...AFL or whatever you want to call it.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

"Common Draft"

46 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Wrong...read it again.  Nothing is mentioned about the AFL or NFL.  He said that Wilson was the highest drafted QB chosen in franchise history and that is 100% wrong.

I think you're reading too far into it. 

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

the highest-drafted quarterback in franchise history ... where does it stipulate NFL Only???... it doesn't... it states "Franchise History"... the Jets were founded in 1960... That's where their Franchise History begins...  cimini is wrong on this one.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

Cimini is a damn good writer.  I get that many of you hate his snarky comments, but they are usually just dry humor that happens to be accurate.  We do the exact same thing on this forum every day. 

Cimini's shots at the Jets would be far more appreciated as a JN poster, instead of a beat writer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Cimini is a damn good writer.  I get that many of you hate his snarky comments, but they are usually just dry humor that happens to be accurate.  We do the exact same thing on this forum every day. 

Cimini's shots at the Jets would be far more appreciated as a JN poster, instead of a beat writer.

Jets fans wouldn’t just kill the messenger, we’d have words with his horse, too.

blazing saddles horse punch GIF

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

This is a paragraph from an article by Rich Cimini today...anyone see anything wrong with it?

New coach Robert Saleh hasn't revealed his plan for Wilson, but the organization's hope is that he will be ready to start by Week 1. After years of inconsistency at the position, the Jets are confident that Wilson -- the highest-drafted quarterback in franchise history -- can be a long-term fix.  

So, the key here is not AFL, NFL, CFL or ******* any other FL...he said the highest drafted quarterback in franchise history and that is Joe Namath...PERIOD!

“Highest drafted QB in franchise history (in the common era)”