I pledge my allegiance to JOE DOUGLAS!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JD seems to know what he is doing. But Macc had his defenders to the end and most of us throught his move up to 3 was a steal and landing Darnold was a franchise-altering coup. A GM can be a master of

You know something that might help out with the weird fetishizing of football GM's is getting a ******* job

Can we at least win 8 games before we annoint JD?  heck, the big dope MAC won 10 games and got exec of the year.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

^^Staunch republican ideology

Be nice Tommy, I'm a staunch Republican...:)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know something that might help out with the weird fetishizing of football GM's is getting a ******* job

Honestly, I have NO idea WTF this response is supposed to mean? Care to elaborate?

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Can we at least win 8 games before we annoint JD?  heck, the big dope MAC won 10 games and got exec of the year.  

Is this is your way of trying to throw shade on this thread without appearing to be wrong sometime in the near future? Don't be a pansy, take a side. If you believe in JD, man up and admit it. This is a football message board. We make bold proclamations here. Get over it...

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Is this is your way of trying to throw shade on this thread without appearing to be wrong sometime in the near future? Don't be a pansy, take a side. If you believe in JD, man up and admit it. This is a football message board. We make bold proclamations here. Get over it...

The furor has spoken......  I’ll wait and see Thank you.  

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest the Johnsons got lucky when they hired JD if Woody was in town he probably would have hired Charlie Casserely or Bill Polian to find a GM.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jgb said:

JD seems to know what he is doing. But Macc had his defenders to the end and most of us throught his move up to 3 was a steal and landing Darnold was a franchise-altering coup. A GM can be a master of wheeling and dealing but in the end it still comes down to whether they pick the right players.

100%

This is what I've been saying about JD.  He's done a great job wheeling and dealing, I thought he got good returns for Leo, Jamal and Sam.  I think he's been prudent and judicious in his approach to FA and a good steward of the Jets salary cap. But we're now at the point where shipping talented guys away for Draft picks has to end.  The Jets are in talent acquisition mode, and in a few years nobody will care if the Jets got a 2, 4 and 6 for Darnold or a 2 and a 3.  They'll simply care who is on the roster, how good the talent is and whether the team can win.  Off the top of my head I can't even recall the trade that netted the Jets the extra pick in Round 1 when they took Brick and Mangold (Keyshawn Johnson trade?).... I just remember Brick and Mangold.

In that regard, I think JD is a mixed bag so far.  Becton, Mims, Hall, etc. seem good.  Rounds 3 and 4 last year, not so much, but the jury is out until those 2020 picks get at least another season under their belts.

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I pledge my allegiance to the laundry. I pledge no allegiance to any player, coach, GM, or owner. 

Ever.  Holeheartedly (sic) concur.

A_Brief_History_of_Applause,-cc8f7edc5ec

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

11 minutes ago, slats said:

I tried having a job for a few decades. Have to say, I didn't really like it. 

Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Patience in 2021...lots of excitement, Browns were back to back off-season champs not too long ago. Just a realistic approach about growth and learning to achieve 501 knowledge amongst the entire team.

People are pledging allegiance to the general manager of an historically terrible sports franchise.

Other people are dying to know what number Wilson will take so they can rush out to buy one of the ugliest pieces of clothing ever created to sport said doordasher's name on their back.

"Strange day out here @ Windswept Fields"

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Before I start celebrating I just want to make sure that in this premonition of yours Joe Douglas in still the GM of the Jets right?

Of course. How else does my prediction come true?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

100%

This is what I've been saying about JD.  He's done a great job wheeling and dealing, I thought he got good returns for Leo, Jamal and Sam.  I think he's been prudent and judicious in his approach to FA and a good steward of the Jets salary cap. But we're now at the point where shipping talented guys away for Draft picks has to end.  The Jets are in talent acquisition mode, and in a few years nobody will care if the Jets got a 2, 4 and 6 for Darnold or a 2 and a 3.  They'll simply care who is on the roster, how good the talent is and whether the team can win.  Off the top of my head I can't even recall the trade that netted the Jets the extra pick in Round 1 when they took Brick and Mangold (Keyshawn Johnson trade?).... I just remember Brick and Mangold.

In that regard, I think JD is a mixed bag so far.  Becton, Mims, Hall, etc. seem good.  Rounds 3 and 4 last year, not so much, but the jury is out until those 2020 picks get at least another season under their belts.

It was a 3 way trade. JOHN ABRAHAM was traded to the Falcons. The Falcons traded something to Denver. Denver then gave us the 29th pick that ultimately netted us Nick Mangold.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, undertow said:

Let's be honest the Johnsons got lucky when they hired JD if Woody was in town he probably would have hired Charlie Casserely or Bill Polian to find a GM.

Woody Johnson used Charlie Casserly and RON WOLF to hire Toilet and Mac.....

22 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Woody Johnson used Charlie Casserly and RON WOLF to hire Toilet and Mac.....

Yeah the point was he would have hired some ancient relic from the past not to name who he hired 4 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I like what I have seen so far from JD.  He has torn apart a bad team and is making a true commtiment to rebuilding -- one that I don't thnk we have seen before.  He was serious about supporting a young QB -- and had added a ton of spped and athleticism to the defense.  We hae a head coach who is well respected around the league and brings a ton of energy to the team.  There appears to be a vision for the team and a blueprint for how to build it. 

The national narrative about the team is changing, but it all means nothing until we see it on the field.  I am optmistic and hopeful, but I need to see a good, exciting and competitive young team this fall, and I will fully give in to the excitement.  I have been a Jet fan too long to get excited by what appears to be a good offseason.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Spoken like a true delinquent lol... notice I "left" out the word. You do post some funny S%^T though :D

7 hours ago, jgb said:

JD seems to know what he is doing. But Macc had his defenders to the end and most of us throught his move up to 3 was a steal and landing Darnold was a franchise-altering coup. A GM can be a master of wheeling and dealing but in the end it still comes down to whether they pick the right players.

It was a good move for darnold but the GM didn't give him a fair shot to succeed and wrote terrible contracts...wheeling and dealing he was not a master...imagine if Cleveland just took darnold and we ended up with baker? He would have been johnny manziel here. 

• Upvote 1