I pledge my allegiance to JOE DOUGLAS!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JD seems to know what he is doing. But Macc had his defenders to the end and most of us throught his move up to 3 was a steal and landing Darnold was a franchise-altering coup. A GM can be a master of

You know something that might help out with the weird fetishizing of football GM's is getting a ******* job

Can we at least win 8 games before we annoint JD?  heck, the big dope MAC won 10 games and got exec of the year.  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It was a good move for darnold but the GM didn't give him a fair shot to succeed and wrote terrible contracts...wheeling and dealing he was not a master...imagine if Cleveland just took darnold and we ended up with baker? He would have been johnny manziel here. 

I have a different view on QBs — true FQBs cannot be denied. It’s just too rare for bust QBs to revive elsewhere in a significant way. I also don’t buy the “broken forever” hypothesis. Just my 2c.

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Is this is your way of trying to throw shade on this thread without appearing to be wrong sometime in the near future? Don't be a pansy, take a side. If you believe in JD, man up and admit it. This is a football message board. We make bold proclamations here. Get over it...

I don’t get this view. Nothing wrong with wanting evidence before speculating. After 40 years following this team I’m in SHOW ME mode with this team. No more faith. No more unsupported hope.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I only pledge alligiance to the Alein force that I owe my deeply disturbing inner most thoughts too.  Everything else is trust but verify.  

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

That's my prediction for this season

I think we can go 9-8.  JD has really done a tremendous job gutting this roster and bringing in talent and speed which we surely lacked. We got a new QB, RB, 3 new WR’s, an edge and like 20 cb’s and safeties.  But what do I know. I thought we’d make the playoffs last year. 🤷🏻

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The truth is, you may or may not know me from my posts in the past

We don’t, but continue.

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

and I'm sure opinions vary, but I'm prepared to weather all of the ridicule associated with essentially, "selling out".

Nah, it’s totally fine, we don’t care. Really, it’s cool. Sell out till it’s sold out.

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I believe JOE DOUGLAS is the first GM this pathetic embarrassment of an organization has that actually knows what he's doing.

Oh wow, alright. Empowering.

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

But, just as many of us turned out to be, I was WRONG. It hurt. I'm not going to lie

OK what am I reading at this point.

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

In closing, if you want to rip apart my thread as DINGBATism, go right ahead, but PLEASE be respectful about it. I'm not your foe. We're both on the same side.....

Lol..wtf.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

100%

This is what I've been saying about JD.  He's done a great job wheeling and dealing, I thought he got good returns for Leo, Jamal and Sam.  I think he's been prudent and judicious in his approach to FA and a good steward of the Jets salary cap. But we're now at the point where shipping talented guys away for Draft picks has to end.  The Jets are in talent acquisition mode, and in a few years nobody will care if the Jets got a 2, 4 and 6 for Darnold or a 2 and a 3.  They'll simply care who is on the roster, how good the talent is and whether the team can win.  Off the top of my head I can't even recall the trade that netted the Jets the extra pick in Round 1 when they took Brick and Mangold (Keyshawn Johnson trade?).... I just remember Brick and Mangold.

In that regard, I think JD is a mixed bag so far.  Becton, Mims, Hall, etc. seem good.  Rounds 3 and 4 last year, not so much, but the jury is out until those 2020 picks get at least another season under their belts.

Jets got DE J. Abraham and TE A. Bect for KJ trade. Last best pass rusher we had and an OK TE.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We don’t, but continue.

Nah, it’s totally fine, we don’t care. Really, it’s cool. Sell out till it’s sold out.

Oh wow, alright. Empowering.

OK what am I reading at this point.

Lol..wtf.

I was like:

image.gif.a9f9f9db24a580ca9132292529c7ab6c.gif

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This team is still hot garbage until they prove otherwise by winning actual games 

Correct. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, undertow said:

Yeah the point was he would have hired some ancient relic from the past not to name who he hired 4 years ago.

Two great HOF GMs

How dumb was Woody to seek out help from these types

They were wrong, happens with hires.  A lot 

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This team is still hot garbage until they prove otherwise by winning actual games 

Deep thought 

Pondering Harold Reynolds GIF by MLB Network

I really like the enthusiasm, but isn't this more a message directed to Joe Douglas rather than to the good people of JN. We have now understood you want to dedicate your life serving JD, now go do it you magnificent you. Let him dub you sir NYJ1! 

ad8cae369e667b4819de651ca245152c.gif

• Haha 1

Early signs seem really good, lets hope we see results on the field. Haven't felt this positive about the team in awhile

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I think we can go 9-8.  JD has really done a tremendous job gutting this roster and bringing in talent and speed which we surely lacked. We got a new QB, RB, 3 new WR’s, an edge and like 20 cb’s and safeties.  But what do I know. I thought we’d make the playoffs last year. 🤷🏻

However, we also have a brand new HC with no experience, a roster that's still quite lacking in talent, and all kinds of new faces on the roster that will surely take time to build chemistry. The Jets are definitely improved just based on the roster, but there will be growing pains.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

However, we also have a brand new HC with no experience, a roster that's still quite lacking in talent, and all kinds of new faces on the roster that will surely take time to build chemistry. The Jets are definitely improved just based on the roster, but there will be growing pains.

Looking back at new HC with no experience from 2000 we had Groh 9-7, Herm 10-6, Mangini 10-6,Rex 9-7, and Bowls 10-6 It's the years after when things went down hill..B) Yes I know all those teams had a bunch of talent on them compared to now but until this new team plays how do we know the talent level??

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

B3X2hOI.jpg

Not necessary. Especially on a day when people celebrate our blessings. Never could quite understand why, with all the thousands of words to express frustration, people default to taking a name known for sacrifice, and step all over it. Especially when that same person can hold the keys to your future?

Lazy. And I know..... “lighten up”

Trying to do you a solid.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Two great HOF GMs

How dumb was Woody to seek out help from these types

They were wrong, happens with hires.  A lot 

Two HOF GMs that are 85 years old.

• Thumb Down 1
6 minutes ago, undertow said:

Two HOF GMs that are 85 years old.

What happens to HOF GMs that makes them incapable mentally?

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Yes I know all those teams had a bunch of talent on them compared to now but until this new team plays how do we know the talent level??

How could you not know? The Jets roster was complete and utter GARBAGE. That's evidenced by Mike Macagnan going out of his way to strip what limited talent they did have after the 2016 season then striking out to perfection on virtually every single draft choice he made. Mac is the MASTER of completely F*CKING up a perfectly bad football team. 

The Jets are coming from a perfect ZERO in the talent department. Honestly, it's a miracle they didn't every game last season by 50....

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

There is actually a ton of talent on this roster.  Jet fans are so beat up they cant see straight anymore.

Zach Wilson, Michael Carter, Corey Davis, Denzel mims, Jameson Crowder, Elijah Moore, Chris Herndon, Kenny Yeboah, Mikai Becton, Vera Tucker.  And thats just the offense.  

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is actually a ton of talent on this roster.  Jet fans are so beat up they cant see straight anymore.

Zach Wilson, Michael Carter, Corey Davis, Denzel mims, Jameson Crowder, Elijah Moore, Chris Herndon, Kenny Yeboah, Mikai Becton, Vera Tucker.  And thats just the offense.  

Now please list all of their very illustrious achievements in the NFL. This is all supposed talent on paper and nothing more. I think it's going to work but that's nothing more than hope.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What happens to HOF GMs that makes them incapable mentally?

If it's your point that Woody Johnson relying on two accomplished league insiders to make hiring choice was a logical decision, I agree.

However, the results speak for themselves. The results say that duo of Mac and Bowles is really, really bad....

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

If it's your point that Woody Johnson relying on two accomplished league insiders to make hiring choice was a logical decision, I agree.

However, the results speak for themselves. The results day that duo of Mac and Bowles is really, really bad....

My point is that Woody realized he needed help and went out and sought the two highest thought of GMs who could help with that decision.  As you said totally logical.

But as I posted way back hiring GMs and HCs without experience is a crap shoot no matter who makes the pick, regardless of their background and it didnt work out.  At all.  Sucks but it was with good intentions

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Kool aid stained Jets fans walking off the plank swearing that Woody and Chris are good owners.   Jonestown. 

Yeah, no one is saying this.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t get this view. Nothing wrong with wanting evidence before speculating. After 40 years following this team I’m in SHOW ME mode with this team. No more faith. No more unsupported hope.

This 

11 hours ago, jgb said:

I have a different view on QBs — true FQBs cannot be denied. It’s just too rare for bust QBs to revive elsewhere in a significant way. I also don’t buy the “broken forever” hypothesis. Just my 2c.

Tannihill?