Jets/Jags week 1?

23 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

There would be more pressure on Lawrence as the #1 pick. 

Wilson would be playing an awful Defense and the Jets Defense would be playing an inexperienced QB that they can take advantage of with Saleh's system. 

Sounds like the perfect matchup to me. 

22 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

They’ll wait until at least Week 5 before putting these 2 on prime time, because they’ll want to ensure both are starting.

I’d say anywhere between Week 5-8. Both will be starting by then, and it’ll be before playoff push for good teams.

There is a 100pct chance the Jets and Jags start Wilson and Lawrence week 1 (barring injury).  

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Right there is the puzzle.....   we will be underdogs  in every game until we win one.   

We have better Super Bowl odds than the Bengals, Jaguars and Texans -- and we play the Bengals and Jaguars at home. I think we'll be favored in at least 3-4 games this year assuming we aren't Gase-level dreadful out of the gate.