Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Assuming our starting line is Becton, AVT, McGovern and Fant on RT... who’s gonna win that RG spot?

Alex Lewis   
Van Roten   
Feeney   
Cameron Clarke   
Edoga 

 

Jets have a lot of options/depth on that line. Should be interesting to see who’s lining up there week 1!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully,Cam Clarke.

there was a terrible guard (just awful) named Adrien Clarke that scarred us all a couple decades ago that's probably some lingering effect on why no one can spell Cam Clark's name correctly   p

i wouldn't read too much into last year.  He got hurt in camp.  Started the season on IR.  Was going to be tough for a small school rookie 4th round pick to get PT with the limited offseason in the be

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is certainly what the plan/hope was. Not overly encouraging that he essentially spent the entire season inactive last year.

Freeney, Edoga, Clarke.

2022= Clarke, rookie. Next man up.

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Assuming our starting line is Becton, AVT, McGovern and Fant on RT... who’s gonna win that RG spot?

Alex Lewis   
Van Roten   
Feeney   
Cameron Clarke   
Edoga 

 

Jets have a lot of options/depth on that line. Should be interesting to see who’s lining up there week 1!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will probably be GVR, and we'll be hating him all season. Lewis will probably get cut in TC. 

Would love to Clarke to turn into something, but who knows

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Icer said:

It will probably be GVR, and we'll be hating him all season. Lewis will probably get cut in TC. 

Would love to Clarke to turn into something, but who knows

Cap Savings:

Lewis= $4m

GVR= $2.8m

McDermott=$700k

Don’t forget.... camp cuts and trades as well. Competition at every position 

52 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Alex Lewis   
Van Roten   
Feeney   
Cameron Clarke   
Edoga 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody tell me if Cam Clarke even plays RG. Most of those depth charts have him as a backup LG and not even in the RG competition. 
 

 

please advise 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Cap Savings:

Lewis= $4m

GVR= $2.8m

McDermott=$700k

Don’t forget.... camp cuts and trades as well. Competition at every position 

 

I really like how Douglas has played this.  He prioritized and filled LG and. Ow has a very healthy conception for the “easiest” o line spot to fill.  Instead of having to fill 2, he really only needs to fill one abs he added options to compete I.e Feeney.  I think while Clark is the hope, Feeney will win it.  While head not a good C, he was in fact a pretty decent G.
 

 We may get rid of one of these guys that don’t make it but in general, Douglas has been very good depth on the line as a whole.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Somebody tell me if Cam Clarke even plays RG. Most of those depth charts have him as a backup LG and not even in the RG competition. 
please advise 

Very good point. If AVT  & Clarke’s BFF, Becton, are paired upon Left Side, this could be the “shot across the bow” for Clarke to win RG or prepare for life after FB. No free rides.

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I really like how Douglas has played this.  He prioritized and filled LG and. Ow has a very healthy conception for the “easiest” o line spot to fill.  Instead of having to fill 2, he really only needs to fill one abs he added options to compete I.e Feeney.  I think while Clark is the hope, Feeney will win it.  While head not a good C, he was in fact a pretty decent G.
 

 We may get rid of one of these guys that don’t make it but in general, Douglas has been very good depth on the line as a whole.  

Zach should have the same personnel manning his week side for the next half-decade. 
Next years focus back to D early (Edge/LB) followed by mid-rd. OL and WR to build depth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Too bad we didn’t have any third round picks where we could have drafted a day 1 starter at RG

you have to think JD feels good about who we have there, otherwise he would not have given up the 2 picks. I have to say giving up prospects of Brady Christensen, Wyatt Davis, and Darrisaw for AVT is interesting...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring any unforeseen additions,  based on the players currently on the roster, my money would be on Alex Lewis making the switch to the right side.

 

We haven't seen ANYTHING from Cam Clarke yet. At all. Can't bet on him.

 

Edoga is undersized,  understrength trash. Don't tell me about his "long arms",  he isn't suited for Guard, and honestly hasn't looked like his fit to be an NFL lineman.  

 

GVR is a Depth level OG, only. 

 

Conor McDermott is a depth level OT. Hes 6'8 310 or so, not a great fit for Guard.

 

Alex Lewis' big issue has been health, but I think he'll be the guy if they stick with who is on the roster now. I think he's the stronger of the guys on the roster. Would live to see a 335lb tank on that side next to Fant, but all of our guys are around 310ish. 

 

Hopefully someone shakes loose for us to grab.  Hell, some guy named Berger or something was a OG on the 1998 team, and the rest of the line was good enough to make him invisible. 

 

Hell, have we even upgraded since sh*tcanning Brian Winters? 

 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hopefully someone shakes loose for us to grab. 

We have some depth on DL that may get us a C or G during camp. We’ll see what team’s suffer DL injuries.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Every year there are 20 or so Darrisaw, Davis type players available in the 2nd-4th. I assume JD wanted the 2 most physically dominant players manning Zachs blind side for the next 4 years. No getting cute! Lock it up and forget about it. Run it behind those2 all day. 

not really. i saw a few VT games this year, Darrisaw was a man amongst boys. He doesnt project inside like AVT, and he may not be graded as highly by the Jets...but if he is graded lower then AVT on pure talent...its not by much.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

not really. i saw a few VT games this year, Darrisaw was a man amongst boys. He doesnt project inside like AVT, and he may not be graded as highly by the Jets...but if he is graded lower then AVT on pure talent...its not by much.

Darrisaw won't be a man among boys in the Pro's that's the thing 

he's a casual player who has attributes for LT but not necessarily a dog who loves football 

Younger Russell Okung 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am going to go with a real darkhorse: Tristen HOGE

When Zach Wilson takes hits on these film it's usually Hoge who gives up the pressure at RG. Brady Christensen was almost flawless on the left side

absolutely Hoge should be a prospect, coming from ND and all those games started, he's strong but my guess is he just a JAG at this level because he's a heavy legged waist bender 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is certainly what the plan/hope was. Not overly encouraging that he essentially spent the entire season inactive last year.

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration the person in charge of making that decision...

a4645d872947745a7f83466d75de151e-original.jpg

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there was a terrible guard (just awful) named Adrien Clarke that scarred us all a couple decades ago that's probably some lingering effect on why no one can spell Cam Clark's name correctly
 

prediction time:

Dan Feeney will be the right guard

He is four years younger than GVR and has 3 mil of guaranteed money 

Alex Lewis will be cut before June 1 for extra savings

Cam Clark will get a chance to win the job and wash out there, the team will carry him another year as a Swing tackle  

Edoga will be cut after camp because he sucks 

 

Or Brandon Shell? Or Kelvin Beachum (as a RT)? 

the Jets offensive line is currently 2 good young players on the left, a center that played like garbage last season and no one on the right side who starts for any other NFL team. 

Don't get me wrong, it's better than it was before with just 1 player in Becton. AVT helps. Still a huge work in progress, still likely a bottom 10 group. it's like half a line. 

 

 

I give McGovern a bit of a pass because he was flanked by total rubbish last year, but its a put up or shut up. 

 

Fant was average last year at RT. Average is good enough for now at RT. 

 

Having 2 competent NFL Guards (I think AVT will exceed "competent") plus 77 is within median for NFL and lines. 

I think we're light years ahead of 2 years ago.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Every year there are 20 or so Darrisaw, Davis type players available in the 2nd-4th. I assume JD wanted the 2 most physically dominant players manning Zachs blind side for the next 4 years. No getting cute! Lock it up and forget about it. Run it behind those2 all day. 

Yeah I think he used premium picks for the left side.  He can do 2-3 rounders for the right side if the current guys do t work out in the new scheme. Fant should fit in very well in this offense.  RG is easier to replace than lg but like I said, JD has done a good job creating competition  for that spot 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Because our third round picks are always instant contributors 

Dumb argument. If Joe Douglas can’t find contributors in 3rd round than we’ll be finding a new GM soon anyways 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

@bitonti I remember Clarke.  If I'm not mistaken he helped get Sanchez killed vs the Ravens. 

I thnk you are confusing him with Wayne Hunter.  Between Hunter and Colin Baxter who was in for Mangold, Mark never had a chance in that game. 

Clarke played for the Jets before we drafted Sanchez.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...