Jets at Falcons

Last month the Falcons announced that they would be hosing a game in London, and that it would be against non-Division opponent.  So we have a one in five chance of being that opponent.  Don't think anything further has been announced.

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Last month the Falcons announced that they would be hosing a game in London, and that it would be against non-Division opponent.  So we have a one in five chance of being that opponent.  Don't think anything further has been announced.

Are new coaching staffs required to go to an international game? Sort of like the camp lockerroom show?

Would be fun for the players. I want to protect Zach as much as possible. 

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Not only will it be a non-division opponent, there is a 99% chance it will be a team from the East Coast as the NFL looks to limit travel distance/time for the teams going to London. I don’t know who the other opponents are of the Falcons but they are not sending a West Coast team to London.

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not only will it be a non-division opponent, there is a 99% chance it will be a team from the East Coast as the NFL looks to limit travel distance/time for the teams going to London. I don’t know who the other opponents are of the Falcons but they are not sending a West Coast team to London.

Last NFL Uk round of game’s had Rams vs Bengals, and Raiders vs Bears.

the year before was Raiders vs Seahawks and Chargers vs Titans.

they have no qualms about sending over West Coast teams, though I’d tend to agree when the “home” team is east coast they tend to want to give them another east coast one.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, morny said:

Last NFL Uk round of game’s had Rams vs Bengals, and Raiders vs Bears.

the year before was Raiders vs Seahawks and Chargers vs Titans.

they have no qualms about sending over West Coast teams, though I’d tend to agree when the “home” team is east coast they tend to want to give them another east coast one.

I completely forgot about that. Thought it was written into the CBA that they were trying to minimize travel, particularly for the West Coast teams heading east. Maybe it was the bye weeks that they add after international games for both teams?

• Upvote 1

Would be good news for me, and a lot of other Jets fans on this side of the pond.

I would love to take my kids to a Jets game, but taking everyone across to NY isn't practical because of school etc. But a trip down to London is definitely do-able.

• Upvote 1

Have the Jets ever played in London, I feel like I can't remember that happening.

It's probably due, seems like Miami plays an oddly located game every year.

I'm fine with the Jets in the UK might even make for a fun roadtrip. 

For us it's no further than a West Coast game, so what's the big deal. Seems like a few of our folks here have become ultra-sensitive about such thing, don't want to play Jacksonville opening day, don't want to play in London for a road game, etc, etc, etc.  Seems a bit whiny.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Have the Jets ever played in London, I feel like I can't remember that happening.

For us it's no further than a West Coast game, so what's the big deal. Seems like a few of our folks here have become ultra-sensitive about such thing, don't want to play Jacksonville opening day, don't want to play in London for a road game, etc, etc, etc.  Seems a bit whiny.

Played the Dolphins there a few years back. Think under Bowles. We won.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes I was there, with random NFL fans in Tom Brady jerseys. They wanted to see a game. They didn’t care which team. A strange event. I’d go again just to see the Jets play live.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I completely forgot about that. Thought it was written into the CBA that they were trying to minimize travel, particularly for the West Coast teams heading east. Maybe it was the bye weeks that they add after international games for both teams?

Aye that might be it. But don’t think they have any issues with sending any team over though, sure they’ve just agreed that each team is on an 8 year cycle to host an International Series game, so all teams will host one. 

Be funny if this is the year they finally send the Packers (only team who hasn’t played here and everyone is desperate for) and Rodgers doesn’t play ?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I live it Atlanta so for totally selfish reasons I want the game to be here. Plan B will be a trek to NJ. Overseas (UK) travel is still going to suck this fall.

I don't live in Atlanta - but I am with you.  As a Georgia grad, I am really hoping the Falcon game will be in Atlanta and if I am lucky it will be a weekend when the Dawgs are in Athens.  Would love to spend a weekend with the Dawgs on Saturday and the Jets on Sunday.

As for London, would love to get over there for a game.  But I just don't see this year as the year that I would be willing to make an international trip for a football game.  Too much uncertainty about impact of Covid on international travel.  Maybe a last minute thing if I can swing it.  But I really want to see us in Atlanta this year.

• Upvote 1