Division Rival Draft Analysis - The Cheatriots

12 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

All in all, the Pats got the two best values in the draft this year.  Both Jones and Barmore were outright heists.  They reached for Stevenson and passed on better players when they took Perkins.  I liked McGrone.  A lot.  I grudgingly admit the league continues to let them cheat like scoundrels.  The only thing I hate worse than the Pats are the Fish.  I also hate Pats fans.     

Excellent, unbiased, level-headed.

Jones - WR = Crap.

No offensive talent other than 2 TE sets. Edelman gone. 

I think you are massively over-valuing Mac Jones and Barmore. And no, I don’t give a damn about “our lads” rating. Jones does not have above average athleticism and arm strength. Where the F did that come from?

Barmore is a poor man’s Leonard Williams. This isn’t a Quinnen level prospect we’re talking about. He’s basically a space eater nose tackle.

• Upvote 1

Barmore is an exciting violent player, he didn't start that many games but 8 sacks in 2020, a powerful addition to the Patriots D line. Perkins seems like good value.

Mac Jones was scorned as unathletic and a system qb but he's bright, apparently has a photographic memory and is very accurate. He seems like a better fit for New England than Cam Newton...what shakes out in their training camp will be interesting. 

Unless you're a fan of another team in denial, it's clear with the Covid opt-out returnees, free agency acquisitions and a good draft, the Patriots  should be back in contention.

• Upvote 1

Baramore is good but he is a DT and the Pats have more than once drafted a great dt only for him to stink.

Many on here loved Perkins so he will be another lament player.

Mac Jones will do well but he is not Brady, he will be starting by week 6 next year because Cam Stinks.

Pats still made some every dubious moves this off season.

Agholor is your Wr fix?  Really?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Baramore is good but he is a DT and the Pats have more than once drafted a great dt only for him to stink.

Many on here loved Perkins so he will be another lament player.

Mac Jones will do well but he is not Brady, he will be starting by week 6 next year because Cam Stinks.

Pats still made some every dubious moves this off season.

Agholor is your Wr fix?  Really?

Yes.

Pats have a legit chance to finish 4th in the division. Cam is washed up and I'll take our rookie QB over theirs every day of the week.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, clayton163v said:

I obviously do not like New England.  This persists despite the departure of Voldermort.  It will persist until the end of time too.  I hate Steve Grogan and he hated us.  I hate Boston too.  So let's take an honest and impartial look at their draft.

At #15 the Cheaters took Mac Jones.  Naturally, Mac Jones fell to the Pats.  Would he have fallen to anyone else?  No.  Why is that?  Because they cheat.  That's why.  It makes you think that Kraft has pictures of the NFL owners at a NAMBLA convention.  Ourlads ranked Jones as the second best of the QBs this year.  They said he has "pinpoint accuracy to all three levels".  He set the all time NCAA completion percentage record last year with a 77.4%.  He is "evasive", "patient" and has above average "measurables", "arm strength" and "athleticism".  Had a solid week at the Senior Bowl.  Excuse me.  I need to throw up.  

At #38 the Patriots took Christian Barmore.  The top rated defensive tackle he carried a 1st round grade and Ourlads ranked him 16th overall.  Ourlads said he is "tall, long and wide" and "has all the tools to be a dominant every down player".  Sickening.  Just sickening.  

At what would have been the 77th pick the Pats took nobody.  Why?  Because they got caught CHEATING AGAIN.  So the NFL took a 3d rounder from them.  Whoop de do.  The ole slapo wristo.

At #96 the Pats took DE Ronnie Perkins.  He is 6' 3" 250 and Ourlads thinks his best fit is as a 3-4 rush linebacker and rotational pass rusher.  While he was good value at #96 the Pats passed on G/C Meinerz and S Melifonwu which was good for my blood pressure.

At #120 the Pats took RB Rhamondre Stevenson who is a 5" 11" 230 and is a power back.  He runs over people and has little wiggle.  He was overdrafted as Ourlads gave him a 6th round grade.  

At #177 the Pats took LB Cameron McGrone.  I liked McGrone - until the Pats took him.  Solid MIKE that Ourlads said "has the tools of an every down starter inside" and "has been a solid special teams player".  Good value at #177.

At #188 the Pats took S Josh Bledsoe.  He is a free safety with good tackling skills who has issues in deep coverage.  He was drafted where he was rated.  I hope he runs like a door, just like the other Bledsoe.

At #197 the Pats took G William Sherman.  A converted OT, he will kick inside in the pros.  Ourlads likes his chances once he adapts to inside play.  Drafted where he was rated.  I wonder if his middle name is Tecumseh? 

At #242 the Pats took WR Tre Nixon.  Ourlads did not give him a draftable grade.

All in all, the Pats got the two best values in the draft this year.  Both Jones and Barmore were outright heists.  They reached for Stevenson and passed on better players when they took Perkins.  I liked McGrone.  A lot.  I grudgingly admit the league continues to let them cheat like scoundrels.  The only thing I hate worse than the Pats are the Fish.  I also hate Pats fans.     

Nice write up. I agree with all that you hate up to the part about the Fish. I hate them too but hate the cheaters the most. 

6 hours ago, Jethead said:

Yes.

Pats have a legit chance to finish 4th in the division. Cam is washed up and I'll take our rookie QB over theirs every day of the week.

It would be petty damning if you wouldn’t take the #2 pick over the #15.

That said I had the QBs: Lawrence, Mac, Fields, Wilson (no opinion on Lance).

• Thumb Down 1