Curious to hear your perspective on why Joe D kept Gase last year? Do you think he actually need another year to vet Gase, or was he not ready to offer Saleh at the time?

1 minute ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I think JD knew Sam and team was a disaster and wanted to start over all at once. I would think he had an idea the team was going to be at top of draft whether or not he would say it publicly 

So you’re saying he kept Gase in order to tank m, in order to facilitate getting rid of Sam?

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

So you’re saying he kept Gase in order to tank m, in order to facilitate getting rid of Sam?

I think he knew he would have to move on from Sam eventually and didn’t want to fire gase and bring in another new coach with Sam then have to draft a new qb the next year. I think he wanted the whole process to be done at once 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I think he knew he would have to move on from Sam eventually and didn’t want to fire gase and bring in another new coach with Sam then have to draft a new qb the next year. I think he wanted the whole process to be done at once 

Did Gase have any support at all from this fan base? My assumption is that the fans hated the hiring of Gase, and that any hopes he’d be decent were dashed within about 3 games. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Did Gase have any support at all from this fan base? My assumption is that the fans hated the hiring of Gase, and that any hopes he’d be decent were dashed within about 3 games. 

As close to zero as possible IMO. Pretty universally hated hire not many people were pleased 

• Post of the Week 4

25 minutes ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Gotcha. So, why did Johnson not fire an obviously awful coach? 

If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.

• Haha 4

We were 7-9 and 3 of the games we lost was where Sam was hurt and we had no viable back up.  Can’t say that was totally in Gase.

Gase was not great by any stretch and I am happy we moved on but he had horrible luck and no way did he deserve to get canned after year 1

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Money. Johnsons would never pay 3 HCs at same time no matter how much they suck. Bowles came off books end of 2020 season. Gase was untouchable until then.

• Sympathy 2

Johnson’s don’t fire coaches mid season and there was no young coach to evaluate or anything. No point in making Logains or Gregg interim HC. Gase stunk but the team didn’t quit so they just let him ride it out. It really wasn’t a big deal and is over with now 

Edit: just realized I read it wrong and you meant the end of 2019. I don’t know the answer to that 

8 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Johnson’s don’t fire coaches mid season and there was no young coach to evaluate or anything. No point in making Logains or Gregg interim HC. Gase stunk but the team didn’t quit so they just let him ride it out. It really wasn’t a big deal and is over with now 

Edit: just realized I read it wrong and you meant the end of 2019. I don’t know the answer to that 

See post above 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Go back and read the NY papers and you’ll realize it was because Peyton Manning (the Tom Brady of tv commercials) convinced the Johnsons that Adam Gase was a brilliant offensive mind.

The old adage that there are no stupid questions does not apply in this forum. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Allegedly, Woody Johnson was not in charge while he was in London as Trump's Ambassador to Great Britain.  It was his autistic brother running the show.  

Seriously, the real question is why he was ever hired. He wasn't here very long.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Douglas did not have the power to fire Gase. Gase and Douglas both reported to C. Johnson last season.  

This is correct. Joe actually did it the way , really the only way he could playing the good GM backing the owners and his friend who got him the job, it was joe who convinced ownership that he needed to instill stability to the roster and front office and after doing so many things right convince ownership he deserved the classical gm duties power and responsibilities. Pointing out why things went the way they went before they actually did. It was masterful. Gase fired himself after last season all the whole joe took no blame. It's was a thing of beauty. Now he runs the team has the power and has his guys. Well done joe. I'm not sure it could have worked anh better for him honestly. Bout the only way it could get better is jf the patriot blew a bunch of money on crap players and took a terrible wb to follow up on cam.

Check

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Or was it the Dicktate of Wood Johnson? 

What a name!

1) Joe D wasn't in charge.

2) The owner had just told the world that the guy he hired was going to revolutionize the game.  He wasn't gonna fire him 12 mos later.

• Post of the Week 1