SCHEDULE RELEASE 2021 (leaked schedule in comments, merged)

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Funny that with all the early road games we don't have a single back to back road week all year.

Hard to do with 9 home games and an away game in London with the bye after.  They do have a lot of home games the 2nd half of the year but it’s just not a favorable schedule for season ticket holders.  

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Funny that with all the early road games we don't have a single back to back road week all year.

Three Florida teams in a row in December, two of them in the cold is interesting.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Is this legit?  Just about every game @ 1:00 besides the broncos, overseas and a Thursday night game.  That seems odd.  I know at times both the Jets and Giants will play in the same time slot but wouldn't this mean most Giants games are @ 4:00???

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What a dream schedule to start the season.

4 non playoff teams(3 of those were so bad they picked in the top 10)

and Tenn who lost Davis and Jonnu and have not replaced them.

This has to be the easiest schedule for the 1st 5 games in the league.

Yes, and look at the good stuff around Thanksgiving:

at Texans
Eagles
Saints
at Dolphins
Jacksonville

No Brees, bad quarterbacks, take out the Dolphins, it's the easiest stretch of the season setting us up for a Tom Brady showdown in the cold of MetLife and a Bills team that will be resting their players.  Good stuff.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Is this legit?  Just about every game @ 1:00 besides the broncos, overseas and a Thursday night game.  That seems odd.  I know at times both the Jets and Giants will play in the same time slot but wouldn't this mean most Giants games are @ 4:00???

Jets and Giants no longer have the 1pm/4pm swap, last season they played at the same time frequently.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Only 2 home games before Halloween is bs.  Get ready for a lot of dreary 45 degree Nov and Dec Sunday afternoons.

it's a terrible schedule for jets season ticket holders.  and it's also weird that the first year the jets have 9 home games and 8 away, the open and close on the road and also have a road london game.  the 2nd half of the schedule has 3 sets of back to back home games which makes the schedule imbalanced.  i think the london away game and then the bye messed it all up though.

also jets have had 2 road openers in a row.  not sure if the nfl looks to make sure teams have fair amount of home openers.

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

6 of our last 9 at home, and a stretch where we have 4 home games in 5 weeks.  Wow.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

6 of our last 9 at home, and a stretch where we have 4 home games in 5 weeks.  Wow.

SAR I

Yeah, I can understand why season ticket holders might be annoyed but I actually low key think this isn't bad for a young team -- 6 home games in 8 weeks in the second half of the season is a nice opportunity to get into a groove and despite all the road games early no back to back travel weeks.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, I can understand why season ticket holders might be annoyed but I actually low key think this isn't bad for a young team -- 6 home games in 8 weeks int he second half of the season is a nice opportunity to get into a groove and despite all the road games early no back to back travel weeks.

and yet, the early games are against bad teams mostly anyway.  carolina/atlanta/denver, these aren't strong teams.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Jets and Giants no longer have the 1pm/4pm swap, last season they played at the same time frequently.

SAR I

I know they had same time slot for a few weeks but no 4 p.m. games seem very odd to me.  Anyway better for me especially for the home games.  You know so I can get there super early to party and tailgate and take up all of the good parking spots just to piss people like you off and still be home at a decent time......

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What a dream schedule to start the season.

4 non playoff teams(3 of those were so bad they picked in the top 10)

and Tenn who lost Davis and Jonnu and have not replaced them.

This has to be the easiest schedule for the 1st 5 games in the league.

Would you call me crazy if I said we could open 5-0?

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, I can understand why season ticket holders might be annoyed but I actually low key think this isn't bad for a young team -- 6 home games in 8 weeks int he second half of the season is a nice opportunity to get into a groove and despite all the road games early no back to back travel weeks.

Agreed.  This is the kindest schedule the NFL has given us in at least a decade from a competitive standpoint.  There really isn't a tough stretch in the season.  The hard games are paced nicely and we've got the Saints, Jags, and Tampa at home in the December cold.  Tampa and Buffalo might be resting players those last two weeks of the season too.

If this team is good enough to win 8 games, we may actually be set up to steal the 7 seed.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Lot's of home games late. 

It would be nice if we weren't 1-7 or 0-8 this year so that we can actually play some meaningful games in November or December. 

if the offense can get going early there are winnable games including at home vs NE.  it's not a nationally televised game and the jets nearly beat them last year on MNF anyway with flacco.

I’m usually optimistic on schedule release day but I’m not a fan of this schedule at all. Hate opening up in Carolina, hate closing in Buffalo. Hate the London game. 4 of the first 6 games are on the road with a rookie QB, and the 2 home games are against BB and a  playoff titans team. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

I’m usually optimistic on schedule release day but I’m not a fan of this schedule at all. Hate opening up in Carolina, hate closing in Buffalo. Hate the London game. 4 of the first 6 games are on the road with a rookie QB, and the 2 home games are against BB and a  playoff titans team. 

see your points.  on the flip side, not many playoff teams early on, the london game removes home field for the falcons and no mnf thankfully.  there are plenty of winnable games on this schedule.

it's a terrible schedule for jets season ticket holders.  and it's also weird that the first year the jets have 9 home games and 8 away, the open and close on the road and also have a road london game.  the 2nd half of the schedule has 3 sets of back to back home games which makes the schedule imbalanced.  i think the london away game and then the bye messed it all up though.
also jets have had 2 road openers in a row.  not sure if the nfl looks to make sure teams have fair amount of home openers.
...91305bd1c069f9580f123a9e9f0dde7a.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It's homer season, but I don't see the problem with the schedule as-is. None of those teams early in the season are juggernauts and likely to roll over us other than maybe the Titans. The team won't go back to back on the road even though its slanted heavily in that direction due to the bye week. The London game is a wild card to both teams and nullifies the opponents advantage. 

The last two games of the season will definitely be tough, but if we are being realistic most of the board will be rooting for draft positioning by then.