SCHEDULE RELEASE 2021 (leaked schedule in comments, merged)

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Getting tired of closing every season at Buffalo.  That is getting old.  Send Miami to Buffalo in December!  At least no MNF or prime time game vs NE this season.  

no mnf is nice.  nothing good happens there for us anymore

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Getting tired of closing every season at Buffalo.  That is getting old.  Send Miami to Buffalo in December!  At least no MNF or prime time game vs NE this season.  

They are sending Florida teams here in late December 

• Sympathy 2

Seems like a super favorable schedule to me. Easy travelling and most of the lesser teams early. No two weeks or more road trips.

Not worried about Zach on the road he is built of sterner stuff than Sam.

Sam is not going to do great in Carolina. Beating him week 1 is the perfect way to completely close the book on the past.

So two things to note if this is accurate:

1) 6 of our last 9 games are at home.

2) Extended prep time for @ Patriots and Bills at home (bye week before Pats game, Thursday night game before 1st Bills game)

I kinda like this schedule.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i can see week 2 being good for the jets, at home new offense and hopefully a real OL.  also think we're going to rely on the run more early on.

I'm not ready to be optimistic. I honestly don't have a clue what this team will be. 

There are some trends I like and some trends I don't. I love that we have a rah-rah 1st year defensive coach. I think the culture shock going from Gase to Saleh ikely leads to a significant jump in wins, by itself. I also think the talent on offense is better than it has been in years. 

But I also hate the number of road games early and think most of the teams we are playing are probably better than us. 

So IDK. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I'm not ready to be optimistic. I honestly don't have a clue what this team will be. 

There are some trends I like and some trends I don't. I love that we have a rah-rah 1st year defensive coach. I think the culture shock going from Gase to Saleh ikely leads to a significant jump in wins, by itself. I also think the talent on offense is better than it has been in years. 

But I also hate the number of road games early and think most of the teams we are playing are probably better than us. 

So IDK. 

when you're picking 2nd in the draft, most teams are better than you.  but with the jets, a lot of it was having the worst HC and qb along with the slowest rb, not to mention a bottom 5 wr group.  idk what we get initially but at least we get hope.

52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

December/January is rough, but this is the NFL.  Schedule is fine.  Just hate that week 18 Bills game in Buffalooo.

The Bills their starters as they'd rather we enter the tournament than the Steelers.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Except two are against the Pats, one is in London, and one is in Denver.

And that is scary why?

Pats have no QB and we now have a HC who knows how to stop a rookie QB himself, Falcons are weak and on a neutral field, and we had the Broncos beat last year until Gregg Williams choked it away.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

And that is scary why?

Pats have no QB and we now have a HC who knows how to stop a rookie QB himself, Falcons are weak and on a neutral field, and we had the Broncos beat last year until Gregg Williams choked it away.

SAR I

it's possible cam starts out the season and he sucks.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

when you're picking 2nd in the draft, most teams are better than you.  but with the jets, a lot of it was having the worst HC and qb along with the slowest rb, not to mention a bottom 5 wr group.  idk what we get initially but at least we get hope.

We had faster backs like Ty Johnson but Gase was helping Gore compile yardage..Hmmm that reminds me of another compiler..

Johnson impressed scouts by running a 40-yard dash time clocked by most scouts as anywhere between 4.3 and 4.4 seconds, with one scout reportedly timing Johnson as fast as 4.26 seconds.

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

As a season ticketholder 6 of the final 9 at home is rough.  So is the 4 out of 5 games for December/January.  

But imagine it's a 2015 kind of unexpected season.  We'll have a blast.  Eagles, Saints, Jags, Bucs might be a clean home sweep with 3 of the 4 used to southern warmth or domes, the Eagles scaring no one., and the Bucs perhaps resting with homefield secured.  If Jets history has taught us anything, you never know when the surprise turnaround happens.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So two things to note if this is accurate:

1) 6 of our last 9 games are at home.

2) Extended prep time for @ Patriots and Bills at home (bye week before Pats game, Thursday night game before 1st Bills game)

I kinda like this schedule.

The bold is what I like. I expect a rough start with the rookie coaches installing new systems for rookies but, if any of them are any good, I’m hopeful for a strong second half of the year. Be nice for that to happen in front of the home crowd. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

December/January is rough, but this is the NFL.  Schedule is fine.  Just hate that week 18 Bills game in Buffalooo.

The Bills who had one of the most dynamic passing games and zero run game.. snowy/cold favors a running game so I don't understand why people think that's a bad thing. Any help shutting down Allen should be appreciated. 

36 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

We had faster backs like Ty Johnson but Gase was helping Gore compile yardage..Hmmm that reminds me of another compiler..

Johnson impressed scouts by running a 40-yard dash time clocked by most scouts as anywhere between 4.3 and 4.4 seconds, with one scout reportedly timing Johnson as fast as 4.26 seconds.

in hindsight gase was clearly complicit in helping gore achieve career milestones.  gase never had any intention to develop any young players as he knew he was a goner and didn't care.