Jump to content

SCHEDULE RELEASE 2021 (leaked schedule in comments, merged)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How in the world does a schedule release take 3 hours?  Call me old fashioned, but just have the jets send me the fridge magnet with their schedule on it. Edit: nvm, black stainless fridge i

Everything is about whoring for television. It's the same reason the greatest Football Nerd Holiday, the All-Day-Saturday-NFL-Draft is now a horrible, three day, two primetime, entertainment even

Is Wednesday night 8pm and has it's own 3 hour show on the NFL Network ...   When is the official team toilet paper selection being aired?? 1 ply or two ply ??   Also when will the NFL cover t

Posted Images

December/January is rough, but this is the NFL.  Schedule is fine.  Just hate that week 18 Bills game in Buffalooo.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

#Jets with 6 of their first 7 games against teams who didn't make the playoffs in 2020

Except two are against the Pats, one is in London, and one is in Denver.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Getting tired of closing every season at Buffalo.  That is getting old.  Send Miami to Buffalo in December!  At least no MNF or prime time game vs NE this season.  

no mnf is nice.  nothing good happens there for us anymore

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Except two are against the Pats, one is in London, and one is in Denver.

The Pats will either be a wildcard team or a total disaster. Can't tell which. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Getting tired of closing every season at Buffalo.  That is getting old.  Send Miami to Buffalo in December!  At least no MNF or prime time game vs NE this season.  

They are sending Florida teams here in late December 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like a super favorable schedule to me. Easy travelling and most of the lesser teams early. No two weeks or more road trips.

Not worried about Zach on the road he is built of sterner stuff than Sam.

Sam is not going to do great in Carolina. Beating him week 1 is the perfect way to completely close the book on the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So two things to note if this is accurate:

1) 6 of our last 9 games are at home.

2) Extended prep time for @ Patriots and Bills at home (bye week before Pats game, Thursday night game before 1st Bills game)

I kinda like this schedule.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Pats will either be a wildcard team or a total disaster. Can't tell which. 

Doesn’t matter from our perspective. Belichick eats rookie QBs whole and spits out the bones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of very winnable games in the last quarter of the season Jags, Eagles and Texans.  I could see us getting out of the gates slow going 2-9 or something then winning 4 or 5 games to end the season on a high note.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Doesn’t matter from our perspective. Belichick eats rookie QBs whole and spits out the bones. 

True. Although he did just lose to Tua. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True. Although he did just lose to Tua. 

i can see week 2 being good for the jets, at home new offense and hopefully a real OL.  also think we're going to rely on the run more early on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i can see week 2 being good for the jets, at home new offense and hopefully a real OL.  also think we're going to rely on the run more early on.

I'm not ready to be optimistic. I honestly don't have a clue what this team will be. 

There are some trends I like and some trends I don't. I love that we have a rah-rah 1st year defensive coach. I think the culture shock going from Gase to Saleh ikely leads to a significant jump in wins, by itself. I also think the talent on offense is better than it has been in years. 

But I also hate the number of road games early and think most of the teams we are playing are probably better than us. 

So IDK. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

I'm not ready to be optimistic. I honestly don't have a clue what this team will be. 

There are some trends I like and some trends I don't. I love that we have a rah-rah 1st year defensive coach. I think the culture shock going from Gase to Saleh ikely leads to a significant jump in wins, by itself. I also think the talent on offense is better than it has been in years. 

But I also hate the number of road games early and think most of the teams we are playing are probably better than us. 

So IDK. 

when you're picking 2nd in the draft, most teams are better than you.  but with the jets, a lot of it was having the worst HC and qb along with the slowest rb, not to mention a bottom 5 wr group.  idk what we get initially but at least we get hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

December/January is rough, but this is the NFL.  Schedule is fine.  Just hate that week 18 Bills game in Buffalooo.

The Bills their starters as they'd rather we enter the tournament than the Steelers.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Except two are against the Pats, one is in London, and one is in Denver.

And that is scary why?

Pats have no QB and we now have a HC who knows how to stop a rookie QB himself, Falcons are weak and on a neutral field, and we had the Broncos beat last year until Gregg Williams choked it away.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

And that is scary why?

Pats have no QB and we now have a HC who knows how to stop a rookie QB himself, Falcons are weak and on a neutral field, and we had the Broncos beat last year until Gregg Williams choked it away.

SAR I

it's possible cam starts out the season and he sucks.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

when you're picking 2nd in the draft, most teams are better than you.  but with the jets, a lot of it was having the worst HC and qb along with the slowest rb, not to mention a bottom 5 wr group.  idk what we get initially but at least we get hope.

We had faster backs like Ty Johnson but Gase was helping Gore compile yardage..Hmmm that reminds me of another compiler..

Johnson impressed scouts by running a 40-yard dash time clocked by most scouts as anywhere between 4.3 and 4.4 seconds, with one scout reportedly timing Johnson as fast as 4.26 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

As a season ticketholder 6 of the final 9 at home is rough.  So is the 4 out of 5 games for December/January.  

But imagine it's a 2015 kind of unexpected season.  We'll have a blast.  Eagles, Saints, Jags, Bucs might be a clean home sweep with 3 of the 4 used to southern warmth or domes, the Eagles scaring no one., and the Bucs perhaps resting with homefield secured.  If Jets history has taught us anything, you never know when the surprise turnaround happens.

SAR I

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So two things to note if this is accurate:

1) 6 of our last 9 games are at home.

2) Extended prep time for @ Patriots and Bills at home (bye week before Pats game, Thursday night game before 1st Bills game)

I kinda like this schedule.

The bold is what I like. I expect a rough start with the rookie coaches installing new systems for rookies but, if any of them are any good, I’m hopeful for a strong second half of the year. Be nice for that to happen in front of the home crowd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Home opener Belicheat.  Yikes. 

Belicheat's record against rookie QB's will be flashed on the screen all game long.  Jim Nance will drone on and on and on about it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

December/January is rough, but this is the NFL.  Schedule is fine.  Just hate that week 18 Bills game in Buffalooo.

The Bills who had one of the most dynamic passing games and zero run game.. snowy/cold favors a running game so I don't understand why people think that's a bad thing. Any help shutting down Allen should be appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Not trying to get ahead myself but Week 17 could be a Super Bowl preview. Probably what schedule makers had in mind.

J E T S Jets Jets Jets!!!

They're saying us and the Chiefs are the super teams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

We had faster backs like Ty Johnson but Gase was helping Gore compile yardage..Hmmm that reminds me of another compiler..

Johnson impressed scouts by running a 40-yard dash time clocked by most scouts as anywhere between 4.3 and 4.4 seconds, with one scout reportedly timing Johnson as fast as 4.26 seconds.

in hindsight gase was clearly complicit in helping gore achieve career milestones.  gase never had any intention to develop any young players as he knew he was a goner and didn't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...