If this translates to the next level for Wilson early. I’ll breakdown in tears of joy.

yeah you can miss me with those highlights of ZW breaking ankles. only thing i want to see from him is throwing the ball, rolling out of the pocket, and running away from defenders in the backfield. he also seems pretty horrible at going down or sliding or whatever else you need to do in the NFL not to become RG3.

• Upvote 1

All I care about us escaping danger and being elusive in the pocket while uncorking guided missiles downtown.

I am praying Saleh breaks the mold of typical defensive coaches and let's this kid throw.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

All I care about us escaping danger and being elusive in the pocket while uncorking guided missiles downtown.

I am praying Saleh breaks the mold of typical defensive coaches and let's this kid throw.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I also care about him knowing when to give up on a play and just throw it OB. I know that such a play is never included in highlights, but I'd feel better if I saw some college tape of him throwing it OB and/or into the ground on a busted screen play.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I also care about him knowing when to give up on a play and just throw it OB. I know that such a play is never included in highlights, but I'd feel better if I saw some college tape of him throwing it OB and/or into the ground on a busted screen play.

When I did that huge thread breaking down Wilson under pressure in 2019-20, I pasted a ton of clips where he was throwing it away. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

meh, I like to look at myself as a realist. If Wilson fails, I will properly acknowledge it. I was one of Sam’s biggest supporters before 2020. It took less than half the season to understand what I was probably forever looking at when I watch Darnold. I understood nothing was probably ever going to change or get better.

I also understand if you don’t believe in him, totally fair, you’re allowed to have that opinion. Wouldn’t be the first or the last person on this board to feel that way. OTOH, we just drafted him though, for those of us who believe, we’re extremely excited and eager to see the QB we have now. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

My thoughts exactly.  I was such a huge supporter of Sam.  He's a great guy; it just didn't work out with the Jets.  After the Broncos game last year, I just got tired of the excuses.  "yeah but his line...", "yeah but ...GASE...",  "yeah but..."  then we get the #2 pick, and Jets just had to cut ties.

If Darnold beats the Jets by 28 points and has 5 TD passes, it will not change my mind.  I think he can be a great QB; just not with the Jets.

• Upvote 4

Wilson is going to do those things in the NFL. He's going to have plays that make everyone cream themselves like they did over Darnold. 

It doesn't matter. What matters is if he can do those things consistently game in and game out. We're not going to know the answer to that this season. We may have an indication at best.

Strap yourselves in because you're just going to drive yourself insane living and dying on every little thing.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is where Zach needs to subscribe to YouTube and check out Darnold’s Greatest  Hits. 

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Wilson is going to do those things in the NFL. He's going to have plays that make everyone cream themselves like they did over Darnold. 

It doesn't matter. What matters is if he can do those things consistently game in and game out. We're not going to know the answer to that this season. We may have an indication at best.

Strap yourselves in because you're just going to drive yourself insane living and dying on every little thing.

Isn't that what being a Jets fan is all about? I believe that's been the case for me for about 45 years now.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, k-met57 said:

yeah you can miss me with those highlights of ZW breaking ankles. only thing i want to see from him is throwing the ball, rolling out of the pocket, and running away from defenders in the backfield. he also seems pretty horrible at going down or sliding or whatever else you need to do in the NFL not to become RG3.

Actually not true, he is very good at sliding.  This clips just don't show him doing it. I am sure he will be instructed to slide more often than not.   

44 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Actually not true, he is very good at sliding.  This clips just don't show him doing it. I am sure he will be instructed to slide more often than not.   

better go down like a sing hooker at 198lb or whatever he is lol

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is no point to watching college highlights now.  The NFL will be a whole new world for Wilson.

I get the excitement certainly, but relax, we'll have real film of him playing real NFL players soon enough.

It basically looks like the same play to me  every  time I watch his college tape. Or maybe it is. 

• Haha 1