5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

But, but I wanna see Darnold do welllll! He's a good man!!

Indeed, the most important quality I look for in a football player is that he doesn't say anything I find off putting on twitter.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sam kicks our ass .

Darnold is going to pick us apart...and he should. Ill be rooting for Sam to have a big game.

The worst thing about this being the first game is going to be the 4 months of Darnold arguments.  Thought we were done with them in April when he was traded.  Had it been any other week, the Darnold

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

There's not enough data with the same set of circumstances to be statistically significant.   Based on the eye test he was awful last year.  He showed more promise as a rookie than he did last year.   He really showed a lack of recoginition and very little real feel for the game.  I was pretty surprised at just how bad he looked.   Really good players show up even on bad teams. 

What are these circumstances?  There are plenty of QBs who played for 3 years, even 2 years.  Beyond that, the entire argument for Sam Darnold is "But..... Adam Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase."

His rookie year was terrible as well - one of the worst in the league.  He was dreadful for the majority of the season (11-14 TD/INT ratio, over 50% of games w/ under 200 yards passing, only 1 game with over 300 yards passing, 2/3rds of games w/ under 60% completion, average passer rating of 73.07), got hurt, and then played 2 good games and two terrible ones, at the end with his signature game coming in a loss against the 29th ranked defense by DVOA.  Due to wishful thinking and recency bias, people decided that was evidence of improvement and potential and not the outlier it proved to be.

23 hours ago, Icer said:

Carolina is another sorry team with a disappointment at QB, so I'm not sure what the angst is about. I'm much happier starting the season against them than at Buffalo 

building up for zach wilson and that  line and that D it should be a good frist win for us

25 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, belief is sort of irrelevant when the data expressly states he is the worst QB in the NFL the past 3 years.

I look forward to your feeble justifications for Sams improvement while still maintaining he sucks.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanShawn said:

building up for zach wilson and that  line and that D it should be a good frist win for us

Well said.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Biggs said:

First love is always heartbreaking and redheads can become a hard to break fetish.  You'll be fine after the first Wilson to Moore TD.  

Totally wrong. I'm realistic.  Sam could break both legs and come down with Covid. I wouldn't  care in the least. 

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What are these circumstances?  There are plenty of QBs who played for 3 years, even 2 years.  Beyond that, the entire argument for Sam Darnold is "But..... Adam Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase."

His rookie year was terrible as well - one of the worst in the league.  He was dreadful for the majority of the season (11-14 TD/INT ratio, over 50% of games w/ under 200 yards passing, only 1 game with over 300 yards passing, 2/3rds of games w/ under 60% completion, average passer rating of 73.07), got hurt, and then played 2 good games and two terrible ones, at the end with his signature game coming in a loss against the 29th ranked defense by DVOA.  Due to wishful thinking and recency bias, people decided that was evidence of improvement and potential and not the outlier it proved to be.

The variables based on team, scheme aren't the same.  So having a statistical comparison doesn't account for all the variables.  The one thing you can take away is he has both a crappy completion percentage and a low Yards per completion.  That tells me he's adjusting for a bad O line by making quick short throws.  He should have a much better completion percentage even with the other variables. 

Carolina interestingly is replacing TB who had a high completion percentage with similiarly shorter throws although with more yards per than Sam.  

One of the reasons I think we are moving on is Sam's not particularly accurate on short quick throws.   High accuracy usually gets YAC yards.  Ultimately while I think our management liked Sam he's lack of accuracy is why they dumped him for Zach.  

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Totally wrong. I'm realistic.  Sam could break both legs and come down with Covid. I wouldn't  care in the least. 

Sounds like you got it bad.  I would put on the the sound track to the 50 greatest love songs of all time and go for full emersion.  

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Sounds like you got it bad.  I would put on the the sound track to the 50 greatest love songs of all time and go for full emersion.  

Hard to admit you are wrong?

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

I look forward to your feeble justifications for Sams improvement while still maintaining he sucks.

Lots of egg on my face if he claws his way up to being a top 28 QB.

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The variables based on team, scheme aren't the same.  So having a statistical comparison doesn't account for all the variables.  The one thing you can take away is he has both a crappy completion percentage and a low Yards per completion.  That tells me he's adjusting for a bad O line by making quick short throws.  He should have a much better completion percentage even with the other variables. 

Carolina interestingly is replacing TB who had a high completion percentage with similiarly shorter throws although with more yards per than Sam.  

One of the reasons I think we are moving on is Sam's not particularly accurate on short quick throws.   High accuracy usually gets YAC yards.  Ultimately while I think our management liked Sam he's lack of accuracy is why they dumped him for Zach.  

By these standards we may never be able to compare QBs, considering they all have different circumstances.

I suppose we could compare some instances, and say that Sam Darnold is in fact better than Luke Falk and note quite as good as mid-retirement Joe Flacco.

Carolina is simply betting on "Buttttttttttttttt ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE"

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No.  It's that clueless faux fans like you  rooting for Darnold and against Wilson and idiots in the media who hate the Jets will judge the trade and Wilson solely on this game just to say "I was right", the Jets blew it, and Wilson is a bust - all one game into his career.  

My posting that entire week will constitute my masterwork.

40 minutes ago, JetsFanShawn said:

where do you see em 221 after this season

I have no idea what the hell you're asking so ill reply by saying Army of Dead getting really good reviews.  Comes out next week on Netflix.  Look forward to it. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

mood erection GIF

Darnold when he saw the Panthers open up at home vs the Jets. 

Darnold shouldnt have this reaction to seeing any NFL team on his schedule

46 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

image.thumb.png.f1c781181207f9309a575bb42c730efb.png

That means nothing.  Null and void given the disgusting supporting cast JD supplied and the utterly horrific coaching that hes been saddled with the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, I understand  people think Sam is bad but the Jets are far from a team ready to beat anyone. 

Other than teams theyre better than, like Carolina

1 minute ago, Pac said:

That means nothing.  Null and void given the disgusting supporting cast JD supplied and the utterly horrific coaching that hes been saddled with the last 2 years.

And, oh yeah, the lack of talent Darnold showed trying to play QB.

54 minutes ago, Pac said:

Sams numbers may improve but he'll still be the same inconsistent QB who can look good like vs Dallas and can look lost like the other 37 games of his career

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sams numbers may improve but he'll still be the same inconsistent QB who can look good like vs Dallas and can look lost like the other 37 games of his career

Thats possible.  Just don't think it will happen.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Thats possible.  Just don't think it will happen.

Three years now, I just think he is what he is.

He had garbage around him but he threw mind numbing INTS that had nothing to do with garbage being out there.  Its situational awareness that he seems to lack

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than teams theyre better than, like Carolina

They aren't  better than Carolina, at least not on paper. Who on the Jets is a better RB than McCaffery, and better WR then Anderson or DJ? We also are starting a rookie QB that we have no idea how he will play in the pros.  I understand  people  want to be positive but this team isn't  that different than the one we fielded last season.

58 minutes ago, Pac said:

It means nothing that in his third year he was literally last out of all qualifiers in QBR and passer rating? It means nothing to you?

I'm assuming it will also mean nothing if Zach Wilson struggles next year then? Or has JD completely changed the horrific talent and coaching in one off season?

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

They aren't  better than Carolina, at least not on paper. Who on the Jets is a better RB than McCaffery, and better WR then Anderson or DJ? We also are starting a rookie QB that we have no idea how he will play in the pros.  I understand  people  want to be positive but this team isn't  that different than the one we fielded last season.

Talent wise, and athletically, it's light years better.

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

They are.  I'm tired of hearing about on RB.  Yes McCaffery is better than the starting back on most teams, that doesnt mean Carolina has a better running game.  I dont think they have better WRs and having Darnold isnt a given to be an advantage.  At least enough right now to make up for the difference in talent.

How can you seriously follow this team, look at what FA brought in along with the draft and say that this team isn't  that different than the one we fielded last season?  It really is a ridiculous thing to say

I'm not the only one who thinks this way.its not a crazy thought

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/05/nfl-power-rankings-2021-draft-49ers-saints-chiefs-cowboys

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-bears-49ers-on-the-rise-after-2021-draft

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

Talent wise, and athletically, it's light years better.

Based on what? Have you seen Moore play against NFL defensive backs? Santana Moss was a inch taller and faster and he was gone after 4 season. I would be Carter is nothing more than a third down back, and few QB's post winning records as a rookie. Peyton set the record for picks as a rookie. I do think all of the guys I mentioned are going to be good but it will take time and it certainly isn't  happening in the first game as a pro.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Based on what? Have you seen Moore play against NFL defensive backs? Santana Moss was a inch taller and faster and he was gone after 4 season. I would be Carter is nothing more than a third down back, and few QB's post winning records as a rookie. Peyton set the record for picks as a rookie. I do think all of the guys I mentioned are going to be good but it will take time and it certainly isn't  happening in the first game as a pro.

Agreed, many young guys that certainly lack experience. But I think the guys we have added, both FA's and draft picks, have greatly increased the talent and athleticism of this roster.Hopefully we now have coaches who will coach these guys to be good, not basically forget that they are even here.

Post draft NFL.com power rankings.  The Jets have moved ahead of the Panthers.  Not that it means anything but apparently there are a lot of people who think Sam Darnold makes Carolina worse.  I suspect since Zach hasn't played a down they moved us up because Sam isn't our QB?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-bears-49ers-on-the-rise-after-2021-draft27

New York Jets

Previous rank: No. 29

The Jets opted for a reboot of the quarterback position, and the future of the organization now hangs on whether BYU wunderkind Zach Wilson can be a star. Three years ago, New York drafted Sam Darnold third overall, then failed the USC star by failing to build a team around him. GM Joe Douglas appears intent on not repeating that history. After selecting Wilson, the Jets traded up to the middle of the first round to land guard Alijah Vera-Tucker. With the 34th overall pick, Douglas selected Elijah Moore, a shifty wideout with star potential. In the fourth round, New York snagged a versatile RB with fine pass-catching skills in Michael Carter. Add in improved coaching, and Wilson is in a better place now than Darnold was at any point in his Jets tenure.

Rank

Carolina Panthers

Previous rank: No. 26

Sam Darnold has spent most of this year buckled into an emotional roller coaster he wanted nothing to do with. The former USC star escaped the purgatory that came to define the final months of his doomed time with the Jets only to enter into a similar state of uncertainty in Charlotte. Would the Panthers make a big move at quarterback in the draft? Would Teddy Bridgewater remain in the mix? Was Darnold really going to get his chance? When the dust settled, Bridgewater was traded, the Panthers didn't use any of their 11 draft picks on a QB, and the team officially picked up Darnold's fifth-year option. That's a nice weekend.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Darnold shouldnt have this reaction to seeing any NFL team on his schedule

Come on JetNut, I know Darnold will NEVER say anything about that game meaning more to him than any other game on his schedule, but the competitor inside him will want to show the Jets they made the wrong decision. He'll  be like look at me now with these weapons mother f'er. 

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Come on JetNut, I know Darnold will NEVER say anything about that game meaning more to him than any other game on his schedule, but the competitor inside him will want to show the Jets they made the wrong decision. He'll  be like look at me now with these weapons mother f'er. 

So hes going to all of a sudden become a good QB because he wants to?  Because youre saying he really wasnt trying while with the Jets?  Never mind he doesnt actually strike me as someone with enough passion to even want revenge. I could just as easily say Wilson will want to show everyone that they Jets made the right move and that hes the better option

He didnt throw prayer passes into triple coverage because of a lack of weapons, it was because of poor decisions and dont know how much that will change by the season opener.