Jets @ Panthers Week 1

5 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Either do I in light of the fact that this will be the equivalent for the Superbowl for Sam.

Well, I guess we'll find out real quick if Zach Wilson relishes the spotlight because it's going to be squarely on him vs. Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

It's a must-win game for the rookie but not the fourth year vet? 

Yes. Darnold has the bust label after being traded and really has nothing to lose while Wilson is the NUMBER TWO OVER ALL PICK and is expected to play very well. If Wilson looks like a lost rookie it'll be a very bad start to his career, So yeah, it's like I said - it's ALMOST a must win situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

I dont see how Zach wilson has some crazy pressure. Sam is a 4 year Vet on a superior Team. He is suppose to win this game.  Zach is rookie in his first game if he outplays him that will be bad.

You've met Jets fans before, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Yes. Darnold has the bust label after being traded and really has nothing to lose while Wilson is the NUMBER TWO OVER ALL PICK and is expected to play very well. If Wilson looks like a lost rookie it'll be a very bad start to his career, So yeah, it's like I said - it's ALMOST a must win situation.

Sammy boy doesnt have a bust label.......everyone with a heartbeat is blaming the jets for his failures. Now that he has a line, now that he has receivers, now that he has a coach, now that he has a running game, now that he has a better fan base, now that he....

No there are no excuses. A rookie even the #2 overall is expected to look like a rookie on the Jets or any other team. Sammy boy is expected to look like a vet on a better team.

If they played this game in ny on the first week Sammy would have seen ghosts and been booooo'ed mercilessly. Not because people hate him, but just because he is on the other side. The defensive players who have not been allowed to hit him the last 3 years now get to tee off and show you what Sammy boy usually looks like in practice.  

18 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

At least our coaches have plenty of film on Darnold to help them expose his weaknesses.

Basically, pressure him and disguise your coverages.

was thinking this as well.  new jets coaches should be very well prepared for darnold and darnold won't have had much time to work with his new offense.  he'll probably rely a lot on mccaffrey and robbie.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I have seen this story before.   Is there any doubt that Darnold will torch the Jets and Wilson will struggle setting the Jets board on fire and everyone calling to fire Douglas and Salah?

I see the exact opposite.  Saleh's D will dominate Sam Darnold and the Jets will cruise to an easy 24-13 victory.  The Jets board will celebrate about the big win and the greatness of Joe Douglas for trading Darnold.

• Upvote 3

It is an NFL game.  There is pressure.  On both sides.  Zach's first regular season game; going up against the QB he replaced.  Sam's first game for his new team going against his old team.  Both guys will be under pressure. 

Even so, at the end of the day, it is just one game and will not define either guy's season.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I see the exact opposite.  Saleh's D will dominate Sam Darnold and the Jets will cruise to an easy 24-13 victory.  The Jets board will celebrate about the big win and the greatness of Joe Douglas for trading Darnold.

Lets bet on this. Please 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Meanwhile, this is the first of 17 games Darnold has to salvage his reputation as an NFL starter. He's drinking in Last Chance Saloon. So absolutely he has plenty to lose. And losing to his rookie replacement would be an inauspicious start. 

Darnold is in year 4 and the panthers extended his 5th year option. They gave him like 18 million. He has 38 games to prove himself 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope so.  I'm just being proactive in protecting my emotions ?

• Post of the Week 1

What a no win situation for Wilson.  Sam is set up a lot better with Carolina.  First game for Wilson.  Sam wins how can people already say we made a mistake?  What a bad first game.  Only thing positive would be if Wilson goes in there and has a great game.  It can only get better.  Only real measuring stick for the QB play would be after 17 games, not after the first game.  Especially Zach's first NFL game.

That being said, Jets win 24-23.

34 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I dont see how Wilson has some kinda crazy pressure. Sam is a 4 year Vet on a superior Team. He is suppose to win this game.  Zach is a rookie in his first game if he outplays him that will be bad for Sam. If he doesn’t its Wilson first NFL start. 

New York and stuff.  

Just now, kdels62 said:

Based on?

A better roster. They have a star rb perhaps you've heard of him, Ed McCafferys boy 

Meanwhile the Jets don't have stars, they don't even have outside linebackers they have converted rookie safeties. The jets corners are also trash, there's no tight end and also half the o line sucks 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He's just going to name positions they sucked at last year and say they're actually good at those positions.

It's the clown formula of posting

Would you like to bet on the outcome of this game? 

Didn't think so