Jets @ Panthers Week 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Maye, hell both our safeties over theirs, I'd take Davis over Robby Anderson and Crowder, Mims or Moore over Marshall and Moore, Herndon over their TE who isn't even involved in their passing game, right guard and center is a mess for both teams, I'd also take our QB over theirs. It's closer than you think.

Chinn and maye are a wash in fact Chinn might be better 

Matt Paradis is a better center than McGovern by every measure 

Corey Davis has never had a thousand yard season, sun ra had almost 11 hundred last year

Dan Arnold is better than Chris Herndon 

You want ZW over darnold over the long term OK but this one game ZW is going to be a pure rookie 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I dont like this one bit and expect a loss ... Carolina is the better team right now.

We have rookies at every coaching and playing position .

Carolina should torch us.

That being said ... how Zach plays will tell a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

But I thought Sam sucks ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

As for Robby, he isn’t a top 20 WR, he’s not even the Panthers best WR. Considering the state of Carolina’s OL, how does their QB perform under pressure? 

Robby Anderson is literally a top 20 wr. 19th in yards to be precise 

Their line is just as bad as ours. Shaq Thompson also had 10 sacks last year btw. 2 terrible offensive lines but they have more pass rushers 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I like how all the winning predictions have the Jets defense holding the panthers to 13 points but no one is predicting the Jets to the score over 30 

This is not how it goes. Offenses are routinely scoring in the 30s. The jets defense does not even have starting corners. Points are going to be scored. 

If the Jets win, ZW is going to have to keep pace. Like 41-35 type of game. This isn't Rex Ryan football, The new 4-3 defense will not carry this team. 

You make sense. I’m from the Weeb-era. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Corey Davis has never had a thousand yard season, sun ra had almost 11 hundred last year

You want ZW over darnold over the long term OK but this one game ZW is going to be a pure rookie 

Pure rookie or not our defense is gonna just need 17 points to win.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Their line is just as bad as ours. Shaq Thompson also had 10 sacks last year btw. 2 terrible offensive lines but they have more pass rushers 

He averaged less yards per game than Corey Davis, Davis just missed 2 games while Robby didn’t. So is Corey Davis a top 20 receiver.

Shaq Thomson had 0 sacks last year.

• Upvote 4

Basically, the posters who think this is a bad game think that because they view the Jets as a bad team.

Its fine to think we are going to be a bad team. But that has nothing to do with this matchup. We are likely going to be an underdog in every game except maybe 1 or 2.

They were going to complain regardless of the matchup.

Were playing Carolina next year.  Couldn't care less if it was game 1 or game 12.  Carolina is on the schedule and will have to be dealt with either way.   They're a crappy team that's trying to build something just like the Jets.   Should be a good matchup.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Calling Robby Anderson Sun Ra is so cringy .... 

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

I just can't get behind **** riding mediocre so hard... I can do the deed but I won't be enthusiastic about it. 

THE Robby Anderson is mediocre.....

However, I will enjoy your victory lap if Sam and Robby torch us for a couple TDs and the board meltdown will be glorious. It would also track with our history...

Everyone acts like we have never had a clean slate before. You know what we do with a clean slate, .... We take a big juicy dump on it. So like I said the entertainment value either way will be well worth it.

IMG_20201001_080806.jpg.2f1bb5293637fd65a3e50547785a89ee.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I like how all the winning predictions have the Jets defense holding the panthers to 13 points but no one is predicting the Jets to the score over 30 

This is not how it goes. Offenses are routinely scoring in the 30s. The jets defense does not even have starting corners. Points are going to be scored. 

If the Jets win, ZW is going to have to keep pace. Like 41-35 type of game. This isn't Rex Ryan football, The new 4-3 defense will not carry this team. 

How many times in his career has Sam Darnold led a team to 35 points or more? 3. Also, how many times did Carolina score over 30 points in a game last year? 3. The number of times the Jets gave up 35 points or more in a gamelast season-4. I'd say the odds are that the Panthers won't score 35 points.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

In what aspect is Chinn better than Maye? I need to see evidence of that, some stat or grade for Chinn vs. Maye and McGovern vs. Paradis. Maye is better than Chinn and McGovern and Paradis are close.

Corey Davis played in a run first offense, come on now. He averaged 4.6 catches for 70 yards while Robby had 5 and a half for 68 yards a game. Davis is also a way better run blocker and a better all around route runner (great at slants).

Dan Arnold is not better than Chris Herndon, he's a bit player. And the Panthers don't even use their TEs.

We'll see about ZW this game.

• Upvote 2

Good. 

He absolutely stinks. 

Worst QB Rating. 

INT machine. 

And to make it worse, he has no backbone and no spine. He continued to suck off Adam Gase to the media and complimented him every chance he got. 

Jamal Adams was a man. He stood up to Adam Gase. Jamal made it known he HATED Gase. 

Sam? He's a coward I wish him nothing but failure. 

I remember I was threatened by @Maxman for wishing Aaron Donald broke him in half last year. ?

Week 1 I hope QW demolishes him. 

Edit: it's actually unfair of me to say Sam stinks. Yeah. He stunk with our Jets. But he was surrounded by absolute crap. And Gase. Etc. And Gore too. Now in Carolina he's got his deep weapon back in Robby Anderson. A baller RB in McCaffrey. Couple other WRs. He really has a chance to redeem his career in Carolina. 

He's a good kid I just couldn't stand him sticking up for Gase anymore. 

Zach Wilson vs. Sam Darnold. 

This is nuts. 

it's gonna be fun and for 2021 I just wanna have a fun season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Great city for football   Get your hotel downtown and never need your car again.   

Hotel recommendations? Preferably in downtown area, walking distance to bars/restaurants for wife and I, and easy shuttle to stadium??

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Question.  For an opening day game, is it best to wait to buy tickets until the last minute,  using one of the apps? or should I just get them directly from the Panthers?  Or is there no way to know which is best?

My experience is it's always best to wait until last minute.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

And the same TDs as Braxton Berrios!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John Blaze said:

How many times in his career has Sam Darnold led a team to 35 points or more? 3. Also, how many times did Carolina score over 30 points in a game last year? 3. The number of times the Jets gave up 35 points or more in a gamelast season-4. I'd say the odds are that the Panthers won't score 35 points.

I like the use of numerology to predict outcomes.   Robbie Anderson and Curtis Samuels had 3 TD's last year.  McCaffery had 3 starts last year.  A field goal is woth 3 points...

Based on numerology 3 stands for abundance.  I would bet the over.  

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They line is weak it's true but they have legit weapons. Robby is a top 20 receiver

How is Brian burns on one side and hassan Reddick on the other a mediocre pass rush? 

Fant and mcg suck. Jaycee horn is a stud. The jets are learning a new offense system and a new defense system 

The Jets know Darnold’s weaknesses that's the only advantage they have in this game 

What? Maybe in his division

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Let’s do this

LT: Becton > Cam Erving

LG: AVT or Lewis > Pat Elflein

C- Paradis > McG (not by a lot but Paradis a very good pass blocker)

RG: GVR/ Lewis > John Miller 

RT: Taylor Moton >>>>> George Fant

QB: TBD basically is Wilson is better than the worst starter in the league he wins 

RB: McCaffery>>> every Jets RB combined 

WR: Davis = Anderson

WR2: DJ Moore > Mims

WR Depth: Crowder, Cole, Moore > Dave Moore, Terrace Marshall, Shi Smith

TE: Herndon > Dan Arnold 

Edge: Lawson> Reddick

Edge: Burns > JFM

Idl: Fatukasi / Rankins/ Quinnen > Brown/ Bravvion Roy/ DaQuan Jones

LBs: Mosley > Lawson, Perryman > Jarrad Davis/ Cashman/ Sherwood

Safety: Maye> Juston Burris 

Safety: Chinn> Davis/ Joyner

CB1 : Jaycee Horn> Bless Austin 

CB2: Bryce Hall > Donte Jackson

So if the Jets lose then Wilson becomes the worst starter in the league because he just got beat by the previous worst starter in the league?

Also Herndon might be the worst starting TE in the league in at least half of his games,

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

They line is weak it's true but they have legit weapons. Robby is a top 20 receiver

How is Brian burns on one side and hassan Reddick on the other a mediocre pass rush? 

Fant and mcg suck. Jaycee horn is a stud. The jets are learning a new offense system and a new defense system 

The Jets know Darnold’s weaknesses that's the only advantage they have in this game 

Darnold is learning a new O.  3rd in 4 years.    It's highly likely that the Jets will get better QB play than they did last year and Carolina will get worse QB play than they did last year.   That's without Zach actually playing well and Sam playing decent.   Teddy QBR last year was more than 20 points higher than Sam's last year.   Sam was so bad on the Jets last year Zach playing poorly is still likely an upgrade.

The Jets vastly improved the WR position and pass rush in FA and the draft.  It's highly likely that our WR corp will be better than Carolina's to open the season that's without rookie production.  

It's a pretty even game.  Carolina is the home team that's probably worth 3 points.  

I believe the biggest advantage we have is the coaching staff is actually an NFL staff.  Rhule got off to a nice start but was misrably overmatched and outcoached as the season wore on.  Carolina had a 3 and 2 start and went 2 and 9 in the last 11 games.   To give you some perspective on how bad 2 and 9 in the last 11 games is.  Gase had the same record in the last 11 games.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

he has no backbone and no spine

Those are the same thing.

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams was a man.

Debatable... I'm pretty sure I've seen him in a dress.... I've definitely seen him ride his own ****. 

Love you.... But not as much as you still love Adams.

• Haha 4