Jets @ Panthers Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

So if the Jets lose then Wilson becomes the worst starter in the league because he just got beat by the previous worst starter in the league?

Also Herndon might be the worst starting TE in the league in at lest half of his games,

It’s about performance but yes it is possible that Zach Wilson in his first game as a pro plays worse than a terrible starter. 

Herndon might be bad but Dan Arnold is also bad. The difference is that Herndon has potential. I hate Herndon because he probably could be good but his brain is weak.

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If only you had some sort of device in front of you to look up this sort of information

There's a guy here, on this board that lives in Charlotte,  and can cut through the bullsh*t instead of relying on Advertising disguised as reviews, and angry aholes that gripe about everything. 

WTF? 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Shaq Thompson also had 10 sacks last year btw. 2 terrible offensive lines 

If you are going to troll the board successfully, you can’t make these kind of silly mistakes. Were you thinking of someone else or did you just google his career sack total (9.5) and confuse it for 2020? It’s particularly funny because it looks like he didn’t have a single sack last year. 

you might want to do some more research before you make that bet you are talking about making 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Forget it he’s rolling

My bad I looked at the career total 

He's still better than TBD 

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Let’s do this

LT: Becton > Cam Erving

LG: AVT or Lewis > Pat Elflein

C- Paradis > McG (not by a lot but Paradis a very good pass blocker)

RG: GVR/ Lewis > John Miller 

RT: Taylor Moton >>>>> George Fant

QB: TBD basically is Wilson is better than the worst starter in the league he wins 

RB: McCaffery>>> every Jets RB combined 

WR: Davis = Anderson

WR2: DJ Moore > Mims

WR Depth: Crowder, Cole, Moore > Dave Moore, Terrace Marshall, Shi Smith

TE: Herndon > Dan Arnold 

Edge: Lawson> Reddick

Edge: Burns > JFM

Idl: Fatukasi / Rankins/ Quinnen > Brown/ Bravvion Roy/ DaQuan Jones

LBs: Mosley > Lawson, Perryman > Jarrad Davis/ Cashman/ Sherwood

Safety: Maye> Juston Burris 

Safety: Chinn> Davis/ Joyner

CB1 : Jaycee Horn> Bless Austin 

CB2: Bryce Hall > Donte Jackson

John Miller isn't great but he's a starter over GVR 

Chris Herndon is not as good as Dan Arnold. This one I'd like to hear more about 

Terace Marshall is a stud and crowder will be a June 1 cut 

Carl Lawson has potential but hassan Reddick had more sacks in 1 game last year than Lawson did all season. 

Bryce hall is an interesting story but the real CB2 starter is aj bouye suspended. I'll allow it. Donte Jackson is fast af tho. 

It's also notable that whoever is the Carolina place kicker (Joey slye?) is better than the Jets competition between a curse and a slur 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

What? Maybe in his division

Robby was 19th in yards in the league 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Chris Herndon is not as good as Dan Arnold. This one I'd like to hear more about 

Carl Lawson has potential but hassan Reddick had more sacks in 1 game last year than Lawson did all season. 

Bryce hall is an interesting story but the real CB2 starter is aj bouye suspended. I'll allow it. Donte Jackson is fast af tho. 

It's also notable that whoever is the Carolina place kicker (Joey slye?) is better than the Jets competition between a curse and a slur 

Chris Herndon in the sh*ttiest offense in the league put up almost identical numbers to Dan Arnold who played in an offense that passes the ball. And past history suggests Herndon is better. He has another season to show for it while Arnold didn't have anything before last season. Last point, the Panthers don't pass to their TEs.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you are going to troll the board successfully, you can’t make these kind of silly mistakes. Were you thinking of someone else or did you just google his career sack total (9.5) and confuse it for 2020? It’s particularly funny because it looks like he didn’t have a single sack last year. 

you might want to do some more research before you make that bet you are talking about making 

The bet is already made, you want in on it? 

I did confuse career with single season it's true. Shrug. 

The biggest name is cmc. Stars win these games. Jets fans forget this as we have no stars or wins. 

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Chris Herndon in the sh*ttiest offense in the league put up almost identical numbers to Dan Arnold who played in an offense that passes the ball. And past history suggests Herndon is better. He has another season to show for it while Arnold didn't have anything before last season. Last point, the Panthers don't pass to their TEs.

Chris Herndon could easily be arrested by September for another dui.  It's hot Vax summer baby. He's always been a first Rd talent with an undrafted brain 

The panthers don't pass to their te that's true they draft Tommy trimble in Rd 4 to be a woodchipper for cmc. Their bad ol is supplemented by good blocking te 

It's not going to show up in the stats but it has value 

Herndon, meanwhile, can barely block.

• Haha 3

Sammy boy doesnt have a bust label.......everyone with a heartbeat is blaming the jets for his failures. Now that he has a line, now that he has receivers, now that he has a coach, now that he has a running game, now that he has a better fan base, now that he....
No there are no excuses. A rookie even the #2 overall is expected to look like a rookie on the Jets or any other team. Sammy boy is expected to look like a vet on a better team.
If they played this game in ny on the first week Sammy would have seen ghosts and been booooo'ed mercilessly. Not because people hate him, but just because he is on the other side. The defensive players who have not been allowed to hit him the last 3 years now get to tee off and show you what Sammy boy usually looks like in practice.  
Please please please say "Sammy" again ... just one time ... please.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

John Miller allowed more pressures than GVR. So no, also Alex Lewis is better than Miller. 

Carl Lawson had more pressures than Reddick and grades out better throughout his career especially in terms of pass rush. 

Dan Arnold just put up his best season, it was worse than Herndon’s best season. Herndon also had a better season than Arnold’s first two seasons combined. Let’s see how much Darnold held back Herndon since we’ve already seen Robby improve in a post Darnold offense. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Crowder is still on the team. Marshall is a stud is just a statement along the lines of “Mims is gonna break out”.  Also Elijah Moore also a stud. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Basically, the posters who think this is a bad game think that because they view the Jets as a bad team.

Its fine to think we are going to be a bad team. But that has nothing to do with this matchup. We are likely going to be an underdog in every game except maybe 1 or 2.

They were going to complain regardless of the matchup.

no. its the politics of this game

everybody all season long will wonder who is better, Wilson or Darnold.

could they at least give Wilson a couple of NFL starts before he plays Sam. just to be fair. 

if you ask Jets fans to name 5 games you want them to win this game would be in the top 5. #1 to most. 

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Do TDs next....

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

As would I. Dan Arnold?!

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, those 112 yards really tell a story

This week is actually a fitting sequel for him. Between the Zach Wilson mutual fund conspiracy theory and the 112-yard analysis, it’s a solid follow up to last month’s hot take on the secret cabal of admissions officers at universities. Wonderful stuff. Pepe Silvia sh*t nonstop these days.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

In 2 more games, while Davis played in a run first team (Anderson had 44 more targets!)

Anderson played with 15 games of teddy Bridgewater and 1 game of pj walker 

Corey Davis had a playoff team around him 

They are both good but there's no real case for Corey Davis is better 

Unless we are considering run blocking 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yards per game?

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This week is actually a fitting sequel for him. Between the Zach Wilson mutual fund conspiracy theory and the 112-yard analysis, it’s a solid follow up to last month’s hot take on the secret cabal of admissions officers at universities. Wonderful stuff. Pepe Silva sh*t nonstop these days.

Everything he posts reads like it’s coming from a boomer whose brain developed during the leaded gasoline era, but isn’t he in his 30s? Just weird

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

As would I. Dan Arnold?!

Arnold and Herndon both have 7 career touchdowns

Herndon has been suspended twice in four years, once for a truly disgusting dui on the njt, again for ped. He's also the king of the strained hamstring. One more suspension is indefinite (full year)

Dan Arnold is more reliable than Chris Herndon 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yet the NFL gives the Jags the Texans.  The easiest game on their schedule.  ALmost like protecting Lawrence ?

The Panthers went 2-9 to finish their season. Lost Curtis Samuel and went from Bridgewater to Darnold. 

I am not saying we will be favorites, but we didn't exactly get a tough first game either. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Herndon has been suspended twice in four years, once for a truly disgusting dui on the njt, again for ped. He's also the king of the strained hamstring. One more suspension is indefinite (full year)

Herndon has played with Sam and under Adam Gase. 

Dan Arnold played with Drew Brees and Kyler Murray in high powered offenses. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

FE7F4D92-917A-4E8E-8CC4-30865E185017.jpeg.46aae688a6558974943a389525808890.jpeg

29991A2E-DA66-42CF-9B93-18C50DBE667D.jpeg.655fe82fb7cecd04a4ebfddf37280c8d.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Everything he posts reads like it’s coming from a boomer whose brain developed during the leaded gasoline era, but isn’t he in his 30s? Just weird

There could be something to this theory 

My first job was pumping gas selling toy trucks wearing the white pants for Leon Hess 

Its been a long way down 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Herndon was not suspended for PEDs

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

hahahahahahahahha this is silly. Sammy cant hit the deep ball consistently and robby is basically all deep ball. 

Whats our biggest weakness in the defense? apparently CB. 

Sammy just isnt capable of attacking our weak spot. I'll be there to laugh my ass off in person. 

youll be doing home by the middle of the third quarter...save your money