Jets @ Panthers Week 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Arnold and Herndon both have 7 career touchdowns

Herndon has been suspended twice in four years, once for a truly disgusting dui on the njt, again for ped. He's also the king of the strained hamstring. One more suspension is indefinite (full year)

Dan Arnold is more reliable than Chris Herndon 

Twice in four years? That's amazing considering he's played only 3 season and only been suspended once. Slow down on your google search bud. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Currently as the respective teams rosters are built, my feeling is the Carolina Panthers are better in almost every position group. I really don't think  Sammy or Zach will be relevant to the outcome of the game? Maybe the QB who makes the least amount of mistakes? I can't see the Jets winning this game...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hotel recommendations? Preferably in downtown area, walking distance to bars/restaurants for wife and I, and easy shuttle to stadium??

They are all good.....   I'd stay at something in the city, near the stadium.  City is new so all the hotels are in great shape. You can walk to all. Our "Bar" is right outside the city. a 1/2 mile walk, $5 cab ride etc.  

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Everything he posts reads like it’s coming from a boomer whose brain developed during the leaded gasoline era, but isn’t he in his 30s? Just weird

At this point I'm convinced he read about inductive reasoning on Wikipedia during a bad acid trip and just went with it ever since.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We win 31-10.  Sammy torches us for 160 yards 1td, 2ints and a fumble. 

Matt Rhule says "My fault, Sam's only 20 years old and needs better blocking and better weaponz and better coaching".

Tailgate kicks ass.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. 

He absolutely stinks. 

Worst QB Rating. 

INT machine. 

And to make it worse, he has no backbone and no spine. He continued to suck off Adam Gase to the media and complimented him every chance he got. 

Jamal Adams was a man. He stood up to Adam Gase. Jamal made it known he HATED Gase. 

Sam? He's a coward I wish him nothing but failure. 

I remember I was threatened by @Maxman for wishing Aaron Donald broke him in half last year. ?

Week 1 I hope QW demolishes him. 

Teams win and lose as teams.  There's nothing manly about throwing members of your team under the bus.  It's a sign of selfishness and a basic lack of sportsmanship and personal responsibility.     

I think Sam is not a very good QB and Adams is obviously a very good Safety.   As far as being a man I think you got it backwards.  Sam is on a different level than Adams when it comes to behaving like a man.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Rookies blow hot and cold early on. Their first game is no barometer for how they will play the rest of the rookie year, let alone their careers. Sanchez started good, but was throwing 5 picks against Buffalo by week 6. Darnold looked promising in Detroit, by his second game, not so much. 

Zach could sh*t the bed in Charlotte, bounce back in a home win in week 2 and we're all happy with his early progress. He's a rookie, no one is going to judge him definitively in year one. Except ESPN. 

Meanwhile, this is the first of 17 games Darnold has to salvage his reputation as an NFL starter. He's drinking in Last Chance Saloon. So absolutely he has plenty to lose. And losing to his rookie replacement would be an inauspicious start. 

While I totally agree with your sentiment, Sam's first ever pass was a pretty dead on forecast for the problems he'd have over the next 3 years lol 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The bet is already made, you want in on it? 

I did confuse career with single season it's true. Shrug. 

The biggest name is cmc. Stars win these games. Jets fans forget this as we have no stars or wins. 

So I watched Carolina a lot last year because they were one of my over/unders for the season and I think you might be slightly overrating them. You can also make a legitimate argument that they downgraded at QB. Regardless, who knows how their offseason moves will pan out. They certainly have potential. 

The larger point for me is that this is one game and everyone in this board is going crazy with hype and stress. If we trusted what happened on opening day of 2018, we would all have been making Super Bowl plans. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, doitny said:

no. its the politics of this game

everybody all season long will wonder who is better, Wilson or Darnold.

could they at least give Wilson a couple of NFL starts before he plays Sam. just to be fair. 

if you ask Jets fans to name 5 games you want them to win this game would be in the top 5. #1 to most. 

Your last statement is probably right. But it really doesn't matter. Just seems like people are insecure about the decision we've made as a franchise. Zach Wilson is a better prospect than Sam Darnold. We made the right decision. Now it's all about developing Zach Wilson. That's all that matters. If by the end of the year, Zach proves to have the makings of a FQB, nobody will care if he lost to Carolina week 1.

This should be a fun game. These guys are competitors. They will have extra juice playing against Sam and Robby. It works both ways. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. 

He absolutely stinks. 

Worst QB Rating. 

INT machine. 

And to make it worse, he has no backbone and no spine. He continued to suck off Adam Gase to the media and complimented him every chance he got. 

Jamal Adams was a man. He stood up to Adam Gase. Jamal made it known he HATED Gase. 

Sam? He's a coward I wish him nothing but failure. 

I remember I was threatened by @Maxman for wishing Aaron Donald broke him in half last year. ?

Week 1 I hope QW demolishes him. 

haha Jamal Adams was a man?? talk about a passive aggressive, millennial, talk a ton but say nothing bitch! who was less of a "dawg" then him when it was all set and done?? shocking that the second he was traded all kind of leaks came out about him being a locker room cancer. must have been the metal illness he was fighting while here.

anyways, no interest on your Darnold take...but i found the Adams comment hilarious in a horrifyingly clueless kind of way.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Hey man whatever you need to pretend like Darnold didn’t throw 9 TDs last season.

I expect Sam to play better next year, but it is amazing to look at on paper - the Panthers went from a guy who only threw 15 TDs last year (not exactly dominant) to a guy who only threw 9 TDs last year (yikes). 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Twice in four years? That's amazing considering he's played only 3 season and only been suspended once. Slow down on your google search bud. 

I'll take the L on this one Herndon is possibly better than Dan Arnold. Or they are both below average starters at best 

Fact checked like crazy. Fair enough 

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The larger point for me is that this is one game and everyone in this board is going crazy with hype and stress. If we trusted what happened on opening day of 2018, we would all have been making Super Bowl plans. 

The legend of browning Nagle 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

Zippy taking the L for his 1st game..  oh well.

Jets have actually had some luck with situations like this in week 1 regardless of opponent; i.e. new defensive coach, everyone uncertain about QB; Mangini, Rex, Bowles. Lotta reason to think the Jets will surprise and at least cover in week 1. If the Jets are heavy dogs I'm betting that for sure. 

Gase ruined it for everyone but people forget that the Jets were on a streak of very weird and unexpected first year successes for new head coaches for a long time. Herm through Bowles all won 9-10 games their first year. Saleh seems like a mix of all those guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Panthers went 2-9 to finish their season. Lost Curtis Samuel and went from Bridgewater to Darnold. 

I am not saying we will be favorites, but we didn't exactly get a tough first game either. 

They also get McCaffrey back.  I would think we would be dogs for sure.