Jets @ Panthers Week 1

Arnold is more reliable than Herndon. Most of his catches went for first downs last year and he’s a huge red zone target. Herndon on the other hand couldn’t catch a beach ball at times last year and when he did he would fumble it. A new QB isn’t going to help improve his consistency. He played better the end of the season but he was truly unreliable for most of it.

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

just because a kid is YOUR kid doesnt mean that he doesnt deserve for someone to kick his butt once in a while so he understands wrong from right

that makes no sense in this situation. Sam beating us does nothing to teach us a lesson. 

and what lesson would that be? not to trade your favorite player? 

if your a real jet fan Wilson is your QB now. like it or not. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

They line is weak it's true but they have legit weapons. Robby is a top 20 receiver

How is Brian burns on one side and hassan Reddick on the other a mediocre pass rush? 

Fant and mcg suck. Jaycee horn is a stud. The jets are learning a new offense system and a new defense system 

The Jets know Darnold’s weaknesses that's the only advantage they have in this game 

Carolina Panthers
3rd NFC SOUTH
5 - 11 - 0

That's before Sam Darnold brings his "A" game.

With the first pick of the 2022 NFL draft the Carolina Panthers select......................
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

that makes no sense in this situation. Sam beating us does nothing to teach us a lesson. 

and what lesson would that be? not to trade your favorite player? 

Exactly. Sam fans have jumped the shark. 

How dare we trade an underperforming top 3 pick QB instead of giving him 18 million dollars!!!!! We deserve agony!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

This is going to be a pressure packed game for Wilson. Can't think of a tougher situation for the kids first game. Darnold is in a no lose situation while this is almost a must win for Wilson or the talking heads will all be screaming the Jets made another bone headed move letting Sam go and that Wilson is a bust.

On the other hand if Wilson has a great game it'll give him a cushion for when he does have a bad game (like all rookie QB's do).

I almost see it the other way. There will be so much "bulletin board" type of BS from the media to motivate the Jets that it may actually take away Zach's nervousness and give him greater focus. I am in the camp that expects Darnold to be essentially Darnold and we know he starts slow so this is good timing. Zach is more used to pressure than people give him credit for. Plus no one can tell me we don't have a slight advantage knowing as much about Sam as we do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

I almost see it the other way. There will be so much "bulletin board" type of BS from the media to motivate the Jets that it may actually take away Zach's nervousness and give him greater focus. I am in the camp that expects Darnold to be essentially Darnold and we know he starts slow so this is good timing. Zach is more used to pressure than people give him credit for. Plus no one can tell me we don't have a slight advantage knowing as much about Sam as we do.

Under the radar, carter’s first game is ‘at home’ in carolina.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

This is going to be a pressure packed game for Wilson. Can't think of a tougher situation for the kids first game. Darnold is in a no lose situation while this is almost a must win for Wilson or the talking heads will all be screaming the Jets made another bone headed move letting Sam go and that Wilson is a bust.

On the other hand if Wilson has a great game it'll give him a cushion for when he does have a bad game (like all rookie QB's do).

There's pressure on Sam to play well and there's pressure on the Jets to win. Goes both ways. 

If Darnold has a great game and Wilson plays poorly, obviously we'll hear the stupid takes of "Probably should've stuck with Darnold blablabla" 

If Sam bombs, the witty takes go the other way. Either way it's one game and any take is stupid. 

Based on all the changes made on the roster, on paper the talent could possibly be debated. Chemistry here IMO is the big difference. The Jets have a lot of new faces, a rookie QB, a rookie HC, and no chemistry. So in the end, the Carolina Panthers ultimately appear better at most positional groups.

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

There's pressure on Sam to play well and there's pressure on the Jets to win. Goes both ways. 

If Darnold has a great game and Wilson plays poorly, obviously we'll hear the stupid takes of "Probably should've stuck with Darnold blablabla" 

If Sam bombs, the witty takes go the other way. Either way it's one game and any take is stupid. 

way more pressure on darnold year 4.  wilson's first nfl game is on the road with a new HC as well.  the jets are expected to fail.  carolina passed up fields for darnold.

• Upvote 1

Their line is just as bad as ours. Shaq Thompson also had 10 sacks last year btw. 2 terrible offensive lines but they have more pass rushers 

Darnold has 3 years experiencing rushers in his face 2.5 seconds after the snap. Wilson - not so much.

Teddy B crappin on the Panthers...

“As an organization there’s things you can do better,” Bridgewater said on the podcast hosted by Bryant McFadden and Patrick Peterson. “I’ll just say this, for Joe Brady’s growth, that organization, they’ll have to practice different things in different ways. One thing we didn’t do much of when I was there, we didn’t practice two minute, really. We didn’t practice red zone. . . . You walk through the red zone stuff and then Saturday you come out and practice red zone, but you’d only get like 15 live reps. Guys’ reps would be limited.”

23 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Teddy B crappin on the Panthers...

“As an organization there’s things you can do better,” Bridgewater said on the podcast hosted by Bryant McFadden and Patrick Peterson. “I’ll just say this, for Joe Brady’s growth, that organization, they’ll have to practice different things in different ways. One thing we didn’t do much of when I was there, we didn’t practice two minute, really. We didn’t practice red zone. . . . You walk through the red zone stuff and then Saturday you come out and practice red zone, but you’d only get like 15 live reps. Guys’ reps would be limited.”

Not a huge fan of BW but you could make an argument he is a better QB than Darnold and Brady did next to nothing to develop Teddy, not sure why everyone assumes Darnold will be different.

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not a huge fan of BW but you could make an argument he is a better QB than Darnold and Brady did next to nothing to develop Teddy, not sure why everyone assumes Darnold will be different.

1) I would definitely be bitter about Sam Darnold if I were Teddy. Teddy is no great QB, but he has been better than Sam has been.

2) I think this whole concept of "developing" QBs goes too far. Teddy had 34 NFL starts under his belt before he ever played a game in Carolina and Darnold already has 38 NFL starts under his belt. For reference, Geno Smith got 30 NFL starts in a Jets uniform. How come people aren't still talking about "developing" Geno? 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) I would definitely be bitter about Sam Darnold if I were Teddy. Teddy is no great QB, but he has been better than Sam has been.

2) I think this whole concept of "developing" QBs goes too far. Teddy had 34 NFL starts under his belt before he ever played a game in Carolina and Darnold already has 38 NFL starts under his belt. For reference, Geno Smith got 30 NFL starts in a Jets uniform. How come people aren't still taking about "developing" Geno? 

it just goes to show you that draft position and perception matters.  nfl minds decided that geno sucked before he got to ny, darnold sucked b/c of ny and bridgewater was developed before he got to ny

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly. Sam fans have jumped the shark. 

How dare we trade an underperforming top 3 pick QB instead of giving him 18 million dollars!!!!! We deserve agony!

i knew after we had those arguments about whether to trade sam or not that some of the sam fans would actively root for sam to beat us. to be better than Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i knew after we had those arguments about whether to trade sam or not that some of the sam fans would actively root for sam to beat us. to be better than Wilson. 

People fell hard for Sam, which I get because I did too. But it's definitely getting weird now. 

Like - are you a Jets fan or not? 

• Sympathy 1

Anderson played with 15 games of teddy Bridgewater and 1 game of pj walker 

Corey Davis had a playoff team around him 

They are both good but there's no real case for Corey Davis is better 

Unless we are considering run blocking 

It's hilarious that anybody thinks Darnold is an upgrade over Bridgewater 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

2) I think this whole concept of "developing" QBs goes too far. Teddy had 34 NFL starts under his belt before he ever played a game in Carolina and Darnold already has 38 NFL starts under his belt. For reference, Geno Smith got 30 NFL starts in a Jets uniform. How come people aren't still talking about "developing" Geno? 

lol

i think its these college guys rooting for there man, like what we got with these BYU guys becoming Jet fans.

all the Geno guys are long gone. they became Giants and now Seattle fans....

hopefully by the start of the season all the USC guys will be on the Carolina board and talking that fan base into ...one more year..

• Upvote 1