Jets @ Falcons in London: Confirmed October 10th

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Knew we could be a real possibility. Woody just came from the UK after spending 4 years building relationships and such, probably.

This is basically a home game. The Jets will definitely have more fans representing them than ATL.

"building relationships" aka harassing his staff 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We kicked Miami’s ass when we played them there last time.

Okay, but we also got their coach fired. Which led to the hiring of Adam Gase which got him national attention and eventually ended with us hiring him. We started our own demise really. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

Meh ill be debbie downer here.

NFL in London is dumb and does a disservice to any team that has to play there.

Proceed to ratio me.

Don’t come at me with Super Bowl winners being “World Champions” and bitch your sport is played in another country. 
There has been a huge following of the NFL in the UK for decades. 

• Upvote 1

As a Jets fan based just outside of London I cannot wait for this! Just hope I get tickets as I'm guessing there will be limited capacity still in October in England :(. Can't wait to see our new franchise QB in person!

3 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Meh ill be debbie downer here.

NFL in London is dumb and does a disservice to any team that has to play there.

Proceed to ratio me.

Fair enough, I understand that and respect it. 

I think it's a fair comment - but most things the league do are a cash-grab (which the NFLUK games very much are, they're trying to cement themselves over here). 

Not a justification for it I guess, but it's just the way of the world of business/sport nowadays, sadly. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, British Jet said:

Don’t come at me with Super Bowl winners being “World Champions” and bitch your sport is played in another country. 
There has been a huge following of the NFL in the UK for decades. 

Thats great and all, but it still is really dumb for teams to have to travel so far to play during a grueling season.

Ill compromise, a couple games a year fine, but to put a team there, which is where they are trying to take this, is a joke. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, morny said:

Fair enough, I understand that and respect it. 

I think it's a fair comment - but most things the league do are a cash-grab (which the NFLUK games very much are, they're trying to cement themselves over here). 

Not a justification for it I guess, but it's just the way of the world of business/sport nowadays, sadly. 

Yes thats definitely true.

No dissrespect meant towards any Brittish fans, it's just a pure cash grab, and ridiculously unfair to the players, but so is thursday night football, a 17 game seaon, etc. So maybe its not that big of a deal in the grand aspect of the NFL just being ridiculously stupid at every possible opportunity.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

Thats great and all, but it still is really dumb for teams to have to travel so far to play during a grueling season.

Ill compromise, a couple games a year fine, but to put a team there, which is where they are trying to take this, is a joke. 

I wouldn’t worry. There’ll never be a team here. The following of teams in this country is not something taken lightly. 

The powers at be know that when 84,000 people turn up to the London games they come wearing jerseys of 32 teams. Those fans won’t swap for a London based franchise. 

Football (our football) is a lot more territorial and you don’t swap teams when you’re a fan. 

• Upvote 3