Jets @ Falcons in London: Confirmed October 10th

5 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Thats great and all, but it still is really dumb for teams to have to travel so far to play during a grueling season.

Ill compromise, a couple games a year fine, but to put a team there, which is where they are trying to take this, is a joke. 

Agreed, no way will there be a team here, I just don’t think there’s the appetite for it. 

When there are 4 games, I think it struggles to sell out. I’m not from London and it’s an expensive day out, you’re talking £250 for a game, and unless it’s the Jets I’m not doing it.

People won’t change teams, London isn’t local for me, why am I supporting them, they could try to rotate venues, but even then, I’m not not supporting the Jets.

The novelty would wear off, and the games have fans from all over the country/Europe visit for the games, you’re asking a lot to expect them to do so 8/9 times a season.

Cojld see a scenario where they bring more games over, but the games are bollocks, I don’t enjoy it, plastic flags and fans more bothered about fantasy than what’s going on I front of them.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Go Full Scottish Breakfast.  It's just better.  I can teach you how to make the Tattie Scones, they're the best part.

Finding Black and White Pudding might be a challenge tho, depending on where you live.

the-wheelhouse.jpg

It’s would have haggis and not white pudding but looks a fair attempt.

12 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

Agreed, no way will there be a team here, I just don’t think there’s the appetite for it. 

When there are 4 games, I think it struggles to sell out. I’m not from London and it’s an expensive day out, you’re talking £250 for a game, and unless it’s the Jets I’m not doing it.

People won’t change teams, London isn’t local for me, why am I supporting them, they could try to rotate venues, but even then, I’m not not supporting the Jets.

The novelty would wear off, and the games have fans from all over the country/Europe visit for the games, you’re asking a lot to expect them to do so 8/9 times a season.

Cojld see a scenario where they bring more games over, but the games are bollocks, I don’t enjoy it, plastic flags and fans more bothered about fantasy than what’s going on I front of them.

Completely agree with this. Pretty much everyone who goes to these games already follows a team - probably has for 10+ years at least - so why would they give up on them to support a new team with no history, no roots, that could quickly vanish if fortunes changed (see: London Monarchs V1 and V2).

I could just imagine if there were a London based team there would be more away fans than home fans ... kind of like being at some Jets games I guess. ;-) 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I'll cook me a traditional English breakfast for the game.  Some fried eggs, bangers, bacon, baked beans(wtf is wrong with you Brits) tomatoes slices and a nip of tea!

You forgot the fried Black Pudding...

This will be the first time I'll have a chance to go to a Jets game...can't wait !

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Russh29 said:

You forgot the fried Black Pudding...

This will be the first time I'll have a chance to go to a Jets game...can't wait !

It's a great experience seeing the Jets in London, it's really surreal, in a nice way.

Just expect to be outnumbered, as everyone just supports Raiders, Packers, Giants and Dolphins and naturally everyone hates the Jets :lol:

All it will make you do, is get hunger to make it over to East Rutherford, and that can only be a good thing!

12 hours ago, joebracken33 said:

Count me in too (assuming Irish government aren’t still restricting overseas travel in October)

Given Mehole's competency over the years... so who knows.

Unrelated, I see Pats are off to a pretty good start this season, you think you can keep it up and clinch a Europa league spot by the end? (I think Shams are just going to walk away with the title)

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s would have haggis and not white pudding but looks a fair attempt.

Suppose it depends, my Mum always made it with both white/black and no Haggis (for the aforementioned 'no Haggis in U.S.' reason likely), but in my time in Edinburgh and Falkirk it usually (but not always) had white pudding included, along with the rashers, black pudding, haggis, etc.  Honestly, I love white pudding most of the trio (white, black, haggis) personally.

Man, it's glorious.....makes me hungry just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

Just expect to be outnumbered, as everyone just supports Raiders, Packers, Giants and Dolphins and naturally everyone hates the Jets :lol:

I'm support Birmingham City...I'm used to it ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Suppose it depends, my Mum always made it with both white/black and no Haggis (for the aforementioned 'no Haggis in U.S.' reason likely), but in my time in Edinburgh and Falkirk it usually (but not always) had white pudding included, along with the rashers, black pudding, haggis, etc.  Honestly, I love white pudding most of the trio (white, black, haggis) personally.

Man, it's glorious.....makes me hungry just thinking about it.

All good, I’m heading up to Sterling on Wednesday and Braemar on Thursday. 

• Sympathy 1

On 5/12/2021 at 4:37 PM, jamesr said:

Improving quite a lot ... by 21st June we should be out of current restrictions, but it's not clear yet what the situation will be regarding sports venues and capacity etc.

At a guess they'll only pre-sell a smaller amount of tickets now, then open up more later in the year depending on how things go.

I think by October, barring a major set-back, we should be at least 2/3 or eve. 75% capacity for sporting events outdoors....I know both Silverstone and Wimbledon will be spectator events in July ...probably at least 50% capacity at the Grand Prix and around 10 or 15K per day at Wimbledon when it’s usually 30-40K...that’s July!....... with hopefully everyone fully vaccinated by early autumn we should be in course for full stadiums