Jets work out WR Tavon Austin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everytime the Jets make a move...."this means the end of Crowder". lol

if we sign tavon austin it probably means the end for crowder - rather have crowder - but if we sign austin is geno smith far behind? Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

That was teh same year, We had two #1s, 9 & 13,  We were rumored to be interested in Austin at 9 until the Rams traded up to 8 and took him.  Instead, we took Dee Milliner at 9.  And then took She

10 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The #Jets worked out veteran FA WR Tavon Austin today, source said, and sounded like it went well. Austin spent time with the #49ers and #Packers last year. (Ian Rappaport)

He's familiar with the system & can help the young guys grasp it.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I remember loving Austin coming out, never lived up to the hype. Probably will be used as a gadget type player and depth if brought in. 

Yeah he was the only decent prospect at WR that year- bust.  He’s like Darron Lee small.

• Upvote 2
Just now, David Harris said:

Yeah he was the only decent prospect at WR that year- bust.  He’s like Darron Lee small.

A bunch of people wanted him in the first, got Shelden instead if I remember correctly.

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'd like to see it works out. You can never have enough veteran depth at WR or any position for that matter. . 

Zach Ertz would be a great addition at TE. 

• Upvote 3

Curious move -- don't really see a role for him.  But if we do bring him in, I assume it would be at or near vet minimum with little guaranteed $.  Can't hurt to have him compete in camp.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That's what we were told. Then DeAndre Hopkins goes 20 slots later, and Keenan Allen another 50 slots after Hopkins.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If Austin is signed, it's to show Moore the ropes.

It would probably also mean Crowder and/or Berrios moving on.

What ropes do you think Austin can show them that Crowder cant?    Do you think Austin is an upgrade over Crowder at WR?   Does he return punts or play special teams?   What does he bring besides a first rd pedigree?

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

What ropes do you think Austin can show them that Crowder cant?    Do you think Austin is an upgrade over Crowder at WR?   Does he return punts or play special teams?   What does he bring besides a first rd pedigree?

Personally, I'd keep Crowder. But I'm not sure the Jets will feel the same way.

Crowder is a better player than Austin, but will also cost about 10 times as much this year - which the Jets will factor in.

And, yes, Austin does return kicks and punts. It's probably what he's best at.

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Personally, I'd keep Crowder. But I'm not sure the Jets will feel the same way.

Crowder is a better player than Austin, but will also cost about 10 times as much this year - which the Jets will factor in.

And, yes, Austin does return kicks and punts. It's probably what he's best at.

I think that may be the only reason they brought him in for a look.

Guess it could also mean Moore won't be handling returns.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Good potential depth for when 4 of our WRs are inevitably hurt by week 2. 

if nothing else, douglas does not want wilson throwing to the same crap that darnold had last year. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ncjetman said:

if we sign tavon austin it probably means the end for crowder - rather have crowder - but if we sign austin is
geno smith far behind?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I would hate if this ends up being true. Would be a move JD makes that I truly think would be stupid. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, choon328 said:

The other Trade that I could see happening is Crowder for Ertz. But that won't happen till June 1st.

that would really round out the offense.  

• Upvote 1