2021 is going to be a really fun season for us NYJ fans:

Obviously this can all go either way. I’m hoping they’re more like the late 70’s Michael’s teams where you could see them getting better each week and season.  There are some parallels to draw from.  Whatever happens it’ll be great to see a normal season after the 2020 clusterf$$k.

• Upvote 2

Yea I’m more optimistic this year than the year we drafted Sam. I’m still tempering my expectations though.

For me,  as long as Zach Wilson looks like he has the goods and Saleh demonstrates all we’ve come to learn about him - then I think we will be good. 

just gotta be that disciplined, hard working team who stays in games. The rest will work out in 2022 when we’ll have a year in the offense and an injection of even more young talent. 

• Upvote 3

Can't disagree.

I think it'll be a nice season for us fans, provided we don't absolutely tank the season, i think we can easily make 5-6 wins and that's progess, as long as we're realistic. 

New exciting coach, and not some JAG Dolphins castoff. New QB, who will be protected, and have some weapons. Just a nice time to be a Jet, just how they'll find a way to disappoint me? Not sure yet, but they'll find a way. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Lol...thank god

last year this forum was unbearable 

Maybe you were the unbearable one & not us. It was pretty easy to see the best thing this team could do was lose games — it may have been for Wilson instead of Lawrence, but we still needed to lose 95% of the season to get the QB we got. I’m happy that we lost so much.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Obviously this can all go either way. I’m hoping they’re more like the late 70’s Michael’s teams where you could see them getting better each week and season.  There are some parallels to draw from.  Whatever happens it’ll be great to see a normal season after the 2020 clusterf$$k.

As long as Wilson doesn’t turn into Richard Todd.?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

but they don't have a five year window to get to the playoffs like ol' walt did.
let's call it two.

• Upvote 2

Probably the most exciting time to be a Jets fan since the early Rex years. 

1) The team has a clear-cut direction and identity. We know exactly what we want to do on offense and defense. The powers that be seem to all be rowing in the same direction.

2) While not proven the GM and Head Coach both have good reputations and were coveted rising stars. Both seem to be huge culture guys.

3) We've drafted a QB who at a minimum has extremely high upside.

4) After decade after decade of stagnant offense we have a disciple of one of the brightest offensive minds in football as our OC and spent three first round picks and two second round picks in the GMs first two drafts on a talented offensive nucleus.

You never know if it is going to work out but finally it seems like we have leadership that understands what you need to compete in today's NFL and are making the smart strategic moves to give us a great chance.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) Unlike last season, for the first time ever; many of us rooted for loses after an 0-5 start (Trevor Lawrence). It stunk. But hopefully finishing with the #2 overall pick makes it all worth while moving forward. 

This year we'll all be rooting for Jet wins (once again) behind our Franchise hopeful; Rookie Quarterback in Zach Wilson. (Sanchez 2009, Sam 2018, Zach 2021). Like Bart Scott can't wait it's going to be fun watching Zach with all of these offensive talents surrounding him. 

B.) Lots of draft picks. 

• Making it fun to root for both Seattle and Carolina loses. Every weekend, we'll be able to look forward to the NFL's schedule in order to focus on who both Seattle and Carolina are playing. It's gonna be fun. 

C.) NCAA Football Season. 

With 4 picks within the first two rounds (two 1st's and two 2nd's) we'll be able to really scout and follow our favorite players every Saturday. 

I'm hoping that QBs go on a run early in the 1st round. It'll be awesome if kids like Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder, Tyler Shough, Kedon Slovis and Matt Corral etc all ball out and live up to 1st round draft status. 

Because if so, and if Seattle has a disaster 2021? We'll be in position for one of...

• Kayvon Thibodeaux (DE, Orego) This kid is an animal and is the #1 pass rusher heading into 2021 and has been projected as a 1st round pick since his Freshman year and most likely the first non QB drafted off the board; Remember the sack exchange? Because Kayvon, Quinnen and Lawson would be incredible on a 4-3 D-Line. 

• Derek Stingley Jr (CB, LSU). Like Kayvon, this kid has been projected as a top 5-10 NFL pick since his Freshman year. Give Saleh his #1 CB and our entire Defense gets stronger. 

Or

• Evan Neal (OT, Alabama). Automatically my favorite O-Line Prospect. 6'7/360 lbs and from right down here in Florida he's a Freak of nature and his athleticism is off the charts. I'd drool of an O-Line trio of 1st round monster's in Mekhi Becton (LT), Vera-Tucker (LG) and Evan Neal (RT). Brick and Mangold was fun. But this would be x2 for Zach Wilson, Michael Carter and all of our WR weapons. 

If any one if these 3 players fall into JD's lap with one of our two 1st round picks (Seattle/Jets)? I believe one of these 3 kids will take us one step closer to becoming a true contender. 

D.) Last but not least: Offense. 

QB: Zach Wilson. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Vera-Tucker.

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Elijah Moore. 

WR: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

Can't wait to watch these kids. 

Sleepers like Keenan Cole (WR), Perrine (RB), Herndon Jr (TE) and the rookie LG from last year should all be really fun to watch surrounded by the players mentioned above. 

E.) Can't forget Saleh and the leader he'll be for our Defense as H.C. Players wouldn't even play for Gase (CJ Mosley) but they'll run through walls for coach Saleh. Our Defense can emerge top 10 from day one. 

It'll be awesome to make the playoffs but if not, I bet everything else about 2021 will be super fun for our fan base.

I think Kenny Yeboah may will also be part of the TE rotation.  The team had a 4th round grade on him and they didn't pay him all that money as an UDFA if they didn't feel he could make the team and compete to be in the rotation right away.   I think the competition between him and Herndon will be one of the fun things to watch in training camp. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I think Kenny Yeboah may will also be part of the TE rotation.  The team had a 4th round grade on him and they didn't pay him all that money as an UDFA if they didn't feel he could make the team and compete to be in the rotation right away.   I think the competition between him and Herndon will be one of the fun things to watch in training camp. 

Still don't understand that. Did they just say we're not drafting a TE no matter what? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Still don't understand that. Did they just say we're not drafting a TE no matter what? 

I think it was more like, in the 4th they had Michael Carter higher rated than any one else on their board.   After that pick they concentrated on defense and were prepared to go into camp with what they had at TE, perhaps hoping someone might shake loose from some other team or something.  When they saw he was going to go undrafted, they jumped to the front of the line and made him a great offer which he accepted.   It just really worked out well, similar to how JD wound up getting Mims later in second after trading back for more picks.   Definitely some luck involved but to his credit, he wasted no time in getting him signed the moment the draft ended. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe you were the unbearable one & not us. It was pretty easy to see the best thing this team could do was lose games — it may have been for Wilson instead of Lawrence, but we still needed to lose 95% of the season to get the QB we got. I’m happy that we lost so much.

No no it wasn’t 

I'm excited not only for this year.  But for the overall direction of the Jets.  Next year's FA-trade-draft process can result in the Jets becoming a consistent playoff team. 

This is all possible to me...based on the best collaboration in decades...between JD and his staff with Saleh-CS.  They enthusiastically embrace a shared vision.  Working in unison throughout this FA-draft period.  Resetting the QB position with Zach Wilson.  Providing the rookie QB with protection and weapons with the earlier parts of the draft.  Then targeting specific athletic traits with their mid-late rounds to fill needs on Saleh's defense.  Smart versatile and fast athletic hybrid type players...that Saleh-Ulbrich identified for their D.

With plenty of 2022 CAP space and 11 picks.  IMO...JD-Saleh have positioned the Jets on a Phoenix like course.  Emerging the Jets from a laughing stock franchise.  To one that can be a consistent playoff contender for a Lombardi Trophy.  Not ridiculous at all to be that good...and achieve that goal...by 2023.    

After last season, yes, this one will be a lot of fun.  Not being able to go to games last year, or hang out at the Jets bar in town with some of my buddies.  Instead, I had to watch games via zoom when a friend of mine set up a meeting and shared his screen with a couple of us.  And the picture would freeze up mid play for a couple of seconds, or maybe it would fade in and out.  Only good  thing is that the Jets were so bad thaat i never felt like aI really missed anything.

Already planning at least one trip with my son.  Jet bar should be opened up again in season.  Going to try to make it in to Met Life at least once or twice as well  Yes, this will be a fun season.  And if the Jets actually look like a team with an NFL offense, and can get after QBs a little, and win a few games, that will be a bonus.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) Unlike last season, for the first time ever; many of us rooted for loses after an 0-5 start (Trevor Lawrence). It stunk. But hopefully finishing with the #2 overall pick makes it all worth while moving forward. 

This year we'll all be rooting for Jet wins (once again) behind our Franchise hopeful; Rookie Quarterback in Zach Wilson. (Sanchez 2009, Sam 2018, Zach 2021). Like Bart Scott can't wait it's going to be fun watching Zach with all of these offensive talents surrounding him. 

B.) Lots of draft picks. 

• Making it fun to root for both Seattle and Carolina loses. Every weekend, we'll be able to look forward to the NFL's schedule in order to focus on who both Seattle and Carolina are playing. It's gonna be fun. 

With 4 picks within the first two rounds (two 1st's and two 2nd's) we'll be able to really scout and follow our favorite players every Saturday. 

I'm hoping that QBs go on a run early in the 1st round. It'll be awesome if kids like Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder, Tyler Shough, Kedon Slovis and Matt Corral etc all ball out and live up to 1st round draft status. 

Because if so, and if Seattle has a disaster 2021? We'll be in position for one of...

• Kayvon Thibodeaux (DE, Orego) This kid is an animal and is the #1 pass rusher heading into 2021 and has been projected as a 1st round pick since his Freshman year and most likely the first non QB drafted off the board; Remember the sack exchange? Because Kayvon, Quinnen and Lawson would be incredible on a 4-3 D-Line. 

• Derek Stingley Jr (CB, LSU). Like Kayvon, this kid has been projected as a top 5-10 NFL pick since his Freshman year. Give Saleh his #1 CB and our entire Defense gets stronger. 

Or

• Evan Neal (OT, Alabama). Automatically my favorite O-Line Prospect. 6'7/360 lbs and from right down here in Florida he's a Freak of nature and his athleticism is off the charts. I'd drool of an O-Line trio of 1st round monster's in Mekhi Becton (LT), Vera-Tucker (LG) and Evan Neal (RT). Brick and Mangold was fun. But this would be x2 for Zach Wilson, Michael Carter and all of our WR weapons. 

If any one if these 3 players fall into JD's lap with one of our two 1st round picks (Seattle/Jets)? I believe one of these 3 kids will take us one step closer to becoming a true contender. 

Sleepers like Keenan Cole (WR), Perrine (RB), Herndon Jr (TE) and the rookie LG from last year should all be really fun to watch surrounded by the players mentioned above. 

E.) Can't forget Saleh and the leader he'll be for our Defense as H.C. Players wouldn't even play for Gase (CJ Mosley) but they'll run through walls for coach Saleh. Our Defense can emerge top 10 from day one. 

It'll be awesome to make the playoffs but if not, I bet everything else about 2021 will be super fun for our fan base.

I agreed with everything you said except for the Herndon part. He’s a sleeper but not in that way. 

Everyone on here simply cannot accept that fact that he stinks. I think we should call the Eagles and discuss the possibility of acquiring Ertz. Having a reliable tight end is one of the best things we can do for a rookie QB. 

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

B.) Lots of draft picks. 

Or

Great post ... I believe our defense has the potential to be easily top 10. We have 2 pro bowl caliber safeties, and a defense which will be a better fit for Austin and Hall. We have a very good DL with 3 potential Pro Bowl players in Rankin Williams and Lawson with some good depth.  LB's with Mosely coming back Davis and some very athletic hybrid's Saleh will be plugging in for much needed speed on the outside. The only thing I can say is it might take a little time for these guys to play fast while they learn a new defense and the rookies adapt to the speed of the NFL . Its not far fetched to think we have at least one pro bowler on every level of the defense.

Every hole this team had was filled except TE and possibly RG and we still can hope Gase was the idiot who had no clue how to work Herndon or Griffin for that matter into the offense,  both played well before he got here. So this team has Improved on every level but the big question always remains can they get it done on the field and not on paper :)  I think they can and with a fired up motivational HC maybe we can squeak out a few more wins than we think early on and really come into our own the second half of the season. 

Im very excited about this team