It's Official... Jets Release Jersey Numbers for QB Zach Wilson, OL Alijah Vera-Tucker and WR Elijah Moore

Jets Release Jersey Numbers for QB Zach Wilson, OL Alijah Vera-Tucker and WR Elijah Moore

Wilson Will Wear No. 2, Vera-Tucker No. 75 and Moore No. 8

May 13, 2021 at 02:59 PM

IMG_6717-greenberg-head

Ethan Greenberg

Team Reporter

16x9 (5)

Rookie-Numbers-Thumb

The Jets released the jersey numbers for their first three draft picks -- first-round picks QB Zach Wilson and OL Alijah Vera-Tucker as well as second-round pick WR Elijah Moore.

Wilson, who wore No. 11 and No. 1 at BYU will wear No. 2 with the Jets. Both Vera-Tucker and Moore will wear their collegiate numbers -- 75 and 8, respectively.

"I'm just mixing it up, doing something new," Wilson said at rookie minicamp. "I like any single-digit number, I think they're cool. I was the second pick, so that's a good reason to switch it up. Not much reason behind it but I just think it's a cool number."

The rest of the numbers for both the remaining draft picks and the free agents are still to be finalized.

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Lith said:

New number for Edoga then, if he makes the team.

Did they just take it away from Chuma or did he sell it AVT.  

Good catch, like Chama's career, I missed it

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Lith said:

New number for Edoga then, if he makes the team.

Probably #70, his college number.

Mike White changing too, from #8. Maybe he takes his college #14, previously held by someone.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, derp said:

Excited for Moore to be 8, first single digit WR/RB/DB we know of with the new rules.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Lith said:

First with the new rules, but I go back far enough to remember Eddie Bell, #7 back in the 70s.

WR Eddie Bell: Jets super fast!!!! | New york jets football, Jets football,  Sport football

Just looked this up That great game in 1972 when Namath and Unitas went crazy, Bell was 7-197 and a 65 yard TD pass.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Just looked this up That great game in 1972 when Namath and Unitas went crazy, Bell was 7-197 and a 65 yard TD pass.

That game was in Baltimore.  Later in the season, he caught an 83 yarder late in the 4th quarter to beat the Colts at Shea.  I am pretty sure that was the first NFL game I went to -- I had gone to an AFL games pre-merger, but I think that game against Baltimore was the first after the merger.

Just looked at Namath's line from that game (2nd one, not the classic duel with Unitas).  5-16 228 2 TDs and 3 picks.  Such a Namath-like line.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Lith said:

First with the new rules, but I go back far enough to remember Eddie Bell, #7 back in the 70s.

WR Eddie Bell: Jets super fast!!!! | New york jets football, Jets football,  Sport football

7 was my number....in highschool.  😎  I even think I have a photo....

gBagUOg.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Big fan of Zach's number. #1 is lame and it looks terrible on our jerseys. Also, every new QB seems to be grabbing 1 now

Such a minor thing but I agree. I really like him taking 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

That game was in Baltimore.  Later in the season, he caught an 83 yarder late in the 4th quarter to beat the Colts at Shea.  I am pretty sure that was the first NFL game I went to -- I had gone to an AFL games pre-merger, but I think that game against Baltimore was the first after the merger.

Just looked at Namath's line from that game (2nd one, not the classic duel with Unitas).  5-16 228 2 TDs and 3 picks.  Such a Namath-like line.

So true. My first Jets game was Nov.23, 1969, at Shea vs Bengals. Jets won 40-7, Joe was 11-20, 2 td's 0 ints. Win put them 8-3. Great book for you to get and keep. Joe Namath, Game by Game. Every game he played as a pro, with a detailed recap of each. Incredible trip down memory lane. Author is Bryan L. Yeatter.

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEECE!

Ok, we are going with "Duece" as the official nickname, right?

If we do we should at least spell it correctly, deuce.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lith said:

"Little" Eddie Bell!!

Looked tiny next to Rich Caster

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

They had colored film then???

Barely....let me think that would have been about....1975

Left Corner for the Louis St. Laurent Barons

1...2.3.4.5. Barons Barons don't take no jive, 6.....7,8,9,10 back it up and do it again!

(That was our cheer)

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Barely....let me think that would have been about....1975

Left Corner for the Louis St. Laurent Barons

1...2.3.4.5. Barons Barons don't take no jive, 6.....7,8,9,10 back it up and do it again!

(That was our cheer)

LMAO

Kudos to the Barons for working "jive" into the cheer

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

7 was my number....in highschool.  😎  I even think I have a photo....

gBagUOg.jpg

Fixed a bit

1200901508_gBagUOg2.thumb.jpg.157c65f2c7508aea561adc0da7462dc0.jpg

• Upvote 1