Jump to content

Zack's Mom Going to be an Issue?


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Here's the issue for Wilson. He is now QB of the Jets. The QB is a leader.  A very large majority of the players in that locker room are Black and are likely to be concerned with social issues and are not fond of the MAGA message, which is inexorably tied up now in White supremacy/Q-Anon, anti BLM conspiracy theories and rhetoric.  MAGA/Trump does not play well in NFL locker rooms and does not make for a unified locker room.  If he is going to earn the respect of his teammates - in addition to playing well and having the right attitude - the MAGA/Covidiot/Right wing conspiracy "freedom"  stuff from his family is going to have to go away or go silent.  

He will accomplish the same thing when his teammates realize that he is not his family, and that he is his own man. All that other stuff is pure crap.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The country is sooo hyper-politicized now. It's just disgusting. We have "MAGA" families and "BLM" families.  No one should give a sh*t about the politics of Zach Wilson's family, but of course i

or we can focus on Zach working with sick kids today and not pay attention to his mom.

No one should give a sh*t about his family's politics, but his family is making their politics public.  And, even more than their politics, they're clearly outspoken.  The mom is clearly trying to be

Posted Images

I deleted Facebook  never had tweeter, and follow shield maidens, Godzilla, lord of the rings and Star Wars accounts and a few celebrities like Zach lol on the gram. 
 

I only find out about tweets here 

judt stop following it if you don’t like it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really not even that hot yet.  Been actually nice and cool in the mornings.  Very enjoyable actually.

That said, someone should have known Mrs. Wilson was coming and been more accommodating. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Stacy's Mom video would be a tough sell in 2021.   12 year old girls in bikinis don't fly.

Lisa Wilson had a good thing going.  She had an Instagram account she made money from that promoted her conservative Utah life that is more than entitled to promote and have.  

But with her son the QB of the New York Jets and receiving a very big contract, for at least Zach's own good, and the good of his brothers who also play, she should turn it off.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I joke about him, but he seems like a good, smart dude. I hope he avoids the traps and whatnot

Smooth as hell with the media so far. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’d definitely be a problem if, like you, everyone else cared enough to tune into her Twitter and IG accounts. I haven’t heard anything about this until you brought it up in this thread. Probably safe to say the rant didn’t make the many rounds. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, section314 said:

He will accomplish the same thing when his teammates realize that he is not his family, and that he is his own man. All that other stuff is pure crap.

half to agree the previous poster comments were ignorant, most guys in the locker room want money and to win, thats it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, varjet said:

Lisa Wilson had a good thing going.  She had an Instagram account she made money from that promoted her conservative Utah life that is more than entitled to promote and have.  

But with her son the QB of the New York Jets and receiving a very big contract, for at least Zach's own good, and the good of his brothers who also play, she should turn it off.  

AApparently she did, as Jet Nut pointed out earlier in the thread.  Hoepfully she keeps it tunred off so as not to bring any unneeded pressure on her son.  He has enough to deal with as the rookie #2 overall pick coming to NY as QB Jets.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

We can put our nuts back in their sacks

NY POST:
 

Jets quarterback Zach Wilson’s mom is stepping back from the spotlight.

After receiving a whirlwind of attention when her son went No. 2 in the 2021 NFL Draft, Lisa Wilsonhas made her social media private. There was no publicized reason given for the influencer’s decision. However, since-expired videos floating around the internet show Wilson complaining about Disney World, among other things.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t want to make a big thing out of this but I actually corresponded a couple times with Zach’s mom on social media. 
 

Zachs mom was great.  She’s a headstrong type A mom who loves her kids enough to not make life overly easy for them.  She made them figure out their own problems to grow as human beings.  It was tough love with full support.

Shes got a big personality and shares it.  She had been trying to get a “lifestyle” Instagram following going for years before her son became an NFL prospect.  I respect her (even if I wouldn’t agree with her about many things) and think everyone else should as well unless she proves otherwise.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Apparently a social media rant about Disney or something blowing up.  We can't just have zero distractions can we?

Only going to be an issue if your stalking her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Interesting.  I guess I was unaware of my own lack of testosterone and girlish ways. 

Hey @The Crusher, did you hear, I'm a little girly man.   

Thanks for educating me, undertow.  What would we do without real men like you.  

 

 

Yeah, to be honest the times we’ve watched football together I missed that particular vibe. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I didn’t want to make a big thing out of this but I actually corresponded a couple times with Zach’s mom on social media. 
 

Zachs mom was great.  She’s a headstrong type A mom who loves her kids enough to not make life overly easy for them.  She made them figure out their own problems to grow as human beings.  It was tough love with full support.

Shes got a big personality and shares it.  She had been trying to get a “lifestyle” Instagram following going for years before her son became an NFL prospect.  I respect her (even if I wouldn’t agree with her about many things) and think everyone else should as well unless she proves otherwise.

So y’all are friends? Couldn’t be me. I’d ask what her bra size is too quickly.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It's really not even that hot yet.  Been actually nice and cool in the mornings.  Very enjoyable actually.

That said, someone should have known Mrs. Wilson was coming and been more accommodating. 

 

Was in Boca a few weeks ago. High 70’s in the morning and 92 midday my last day.  Not humid though with some breeze.  I don’t know if Orlando is any different, but that was pure paradise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you can’t be conservative and play in the NFL? If Zach keeps his opinions to himself and gets down to business none of his teammates will care. They only care about whether or not he helps win us games. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m projecting only because I think it’d be hysterical to watch the NY market have heart palps if Zach slips up and says some John Rocker sh*t about the subway system. 

John Rocker forgot all about him until now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Trust me when I say this. Maybe 1 or 2 teammates at most would care if he’s a Trump supporter or what not. Kids from the SEC are not giving a sh*t about politics

Yup. Josh Allen is the leader in the Bills locker room and his teammates seem to love him. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Interesting.  I guess I was unaware of my own lack of testosterone and girlish ways

Hey @The Crusher, did you hear, I'm a little girly man.   

Thanks for educating me, undertow.  What would we do without real men like you.  

 

 

Wanna cyber, or whatever the kids have been calling it since y2k?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Was in Boca a few weeks ago. High 70’s in the morning and 92 midday my last day.  Not humid though with some breeze.  I don’t know if Orlando is any different, but that was pure paradise.

headed to boca in a month of so, been going once a year for a few years now. Its awesome 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Interesting.  I guess I was unaware of my own lack of testosterone and girlish ways. 

Hey @The Crusher, did you hear, I'm a little girly man.   

Thanks for educating me, undertow.  What would we do without real men like you.  

 

 

Your propensity to negatively engage fellow members has surpassed most JN douchebags, even me (impressive). 

Are you still in the "it's them not me" phase? 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't start topics much nor reply much.. hell, I'm a hermit.. but regardless if he's trash or not his head is screwed on right, you can't NOT support him. Sam was really relatable when he spoke and I was wowed with how down to earth he was. But Zach is on another level.

This makes me wonder about how involved the NFL is in teaching about the media and how much of this is Zach being a quick study or just genuinely him. Either way so long as he's doing these interviews (which NFL prob doesn't require on BYU)  I'll eat up every bit of it cause it feels like we got something here.

I hadn't seen this posted before so merge or whatever you gotta do. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

headed to boca in a month of so, been going once a year for a few years now. Its awesome 

Pops (@Jet Nut) lives down there now so I try to get down there as often as I can.  Absolutely beautiful area!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Trust me when I say this. Maybe 1 or 2 teammates at most would care if he’s a Trump supporter or what not. Kids from the SEC are not giving a sh*t about politics

Well said.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a non issue until someone makes it one. 
 

if a reporter consistently puts him on the spot and brings it up repeatedly then it will come to the front and even then it really shouldn’t be an issue if they’re winning and he’s good. 
 

im on Twitter a lot and I don’t follow her on anything but I still see it for sure - it’s brought up by several accounts. Which for me is annoying cuz it brings oxygen to the whole thing which as a fan we want the drama far away from this team. 
 

Im not ignorant to how Zach prob is though. He’s prob a MAGA guy and while I don’t agree with his view points he doesn’t do anything bad by me or anyone else. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...