Fantastic Interview with Zach: He is the MAN

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

I love all of his interviews with the BYU network and I hope he keeps doing them although this sounded like it might be the last one.  He's just so relaxed and likeable and I can see why the front office and coaching staff really liked him during their zoom sessions.

The big takeaways for me is how he said he's staying in the NY/NJ area through the end of mini camp so he can study film and get to know his fellow rookies and teammates. He also said NONE of his family members are moving to the area and he'll live all alone. And that's bc he won't have time to do anything bc of how much work he'll be putting in each day. We're so used to Sanchez and Darnold running back to California at every chance they had. They even asked him if he would bring Jets players to Utah to having throwing sessions in between mini camp any training camp and he said no bc he's sure nobody wants to go to Utah lol. He said maybe someplace like Florida bc of the weather. 

He also said how important it was for him to know a lot of the playbook by the time mini camp comes around so he doesn't look stupid (paraphrasing).

The only reason anyone wouldn't like this kid is bc you have an agenda. Let's hope his play on the field is as smooth as his words. 

Mark was doing Photo shoots with a model for a magazine Zak want's to hang out watching film what a concept..B)  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

I love all of his interviews with the BYU network and I hope he keeps doing them although this sounded like it might be the last one.  He's just so relaxed and likeable and I can see why the front office and coaching staff really liked him during their zoom sessions.

The big takeaways for me is how he said he's staying in the NY/NJ area through the end of mini camp so he can study film and get to know his fellow rookies and teammates. He also said NONE of his family members are moving to the area and he'll live all alone. And that's bc he won't have time to do anything bc of how much work he'll be putting in each day. We're so used to Sanchez and Darnold running back to California at every chance they had. They even asked him if he would bring Jets players to Utah to having throwing sessions in between mini camp any training camp and he said no bc he's sure nobody wants to go to Utah lol. He said maybe someplace like Florida bc of the weather. 

He also said how important it was for him to know a lot of the playbook by the time mini camp comes around so he doesn't look stupid (paraphrasing).

The only reason anyone wouldn't like this kid is bc you have an agenda. Let's hope his play on the field is as smooth as his words. 

Players are missing out. Utah is dope! Should all go on a team hike at the national parks. Team bonding baby! 

or just go to Miami. Whatever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Its going to me on my own, hanging out in the film room, its a grind theres not much free time football,   theres not a lot of free time to go to the city, football is the main priority right now, we have to spend our day on that.

Chicken My Body Is Ready GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

Wilson has a totally different personality than Darnold and Sanchez.  When I hear Wilson talk, he reminds of Chad Pennington, and that is a very good thing. If Wilson has a head and work ethic like Pennington, the kid is going to become a top QB because Pennington could only dream of having the arm and athleticism of Wilson. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wilson has a totally different personality than Darnold and Sanchez.  When I hear Wilson talk, he reminds of Chad Pennington, and that is a very good thing. If Wilson has a head and work ethic like Pennington, the kid is going to become a top QB because Pennington could only dream of having the arm and athleticism of Wilson. 

I think you are exactly right.  He seems to have an elevated level of work ethic, focus and football priority.  Very different from Sam and many and and  for that matter, who usually offer a certain degree of lip service.  These observations make me realize the jump from 19 to 20 was absolutely no fluke

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

"My mind's tellin' me no, but my body.....my body's tellin' me yes."

I have to keep reminding myself that I felt the same exact way about Browning Nagle.

SAR I

Well, to be fair, Browning Nagle's first game against Atlanta was gold...except we lost in OT.  And then he sucked every game after. But I feel you....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I have to keep reminding myself that I felt the same exact way about Browning Nagle.

SAR I

That was ur fault then.  Nagle was nowhere near the talent that zach wilson is.  

You seem to struggle w/ the qb thing.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

YOU SIR have won the Forum for the day My god i almost spit out my Lucky Fu**ing Charms HAHA.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

He seems like a very sweet boy.  Cant help but like the kid.  

Love at first flight. 

Tons of legroom. Free snacks and wi-fi. Nonstop entertainment. Because why shouldn’t the journey be as much fun as the destination?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Love at first flight. 

Tons of legroom. Free snacks and wi-fi. Nonstop entertainment. Because why shouldn’t the journey be as much fun as the destination?

Funny, I just got telling my wife that it's not about how you get there, it's about where we're going as I try to convince her to take the budget flight to Cabo.  lol

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Flip-flopping sellout jellyfish.

He is a sweet boy, Tom.  Who knows what type of player he'll be but he's a sweet sweet boy.

You disgusting hypocrite

T0mShane

• Spencer Rattler Expert
  •  
  • T0mShane
  • Members
  • 64,174 posts
  • Popular Post
  •  

I joke about him, but he seems like a good, smart dude. I hope he avoids the traps and whatnot

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You thought Nagle was a hard working team guy?  LOL  C'mon 

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I always wanted a QB with Chad's attitude, Sanchez's athletic ability and O'Brien's arm.  Looks like he's arrived :-) 

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thank you, sir.

For you youngsters, listen to the video while reading this thread.

SAR I

Youngsters!?!?  SAR, willing to give you the benefit of the doubt this was nothing more than the worst word choice in the history of message board posting.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Not to those with a trained eye.

Sanchez was not pitched as the second coming of Peyton Manning.  He was overdrafted because the Jets were cheap at the QB position and didn't have Favre.  Winning 4 of 6 playoff games and being the best Jet on the field in consecutive AFC Championship Games was more than anyone should have expected. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Some would say the team did before it was gutted,  but that’s just them. 

Mark Sanchez is the greatest postseason quarterback in New York Jets history.  He's not the reason we didn't make it to the Super Bowl.  We were supposed to win on defense, and the defense blew both Championship Games.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1