I haven't been this optimistic and energetic about the Jets in a long time. Should I be concerned?

Seems we’re getting our act together in the front office.  We’re getting there from a team construction perspective but need another draft.  That said, I’m confident we’ll get there.  Then we’ll be in the stage where we feel the pain of losing games we should win that actually mean something. That’s something we haven’t had the chance to complain about in a long time - I’m very much looking forward to that

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why? I realize we were 2-14 last year but most of the people and circumstances are completely different this year.

I’m guessing mostly the rookie at almost everything that matters thing, take a time to get it squared away. 

• Haha 1

I'm generally optimistic, probably overly optimistic most times.  What will be interesting to me is if we go 6-11 but are competitive week in and week out will people remain positive?  We have been losing for so long, and recently been even worse than "normal bad" so it's hard to stay positive when all we may get are signs of progress this year.

39 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why? I realize we were 2-14 last year but most of the people and circumstances are completely different this year.

Because everybody's a rookie. Rookies make mistakes. Mistakes are going to be made from the head coach on down this year as everyone learns on the job. Saleh's getting some universal love right now, but we're gonna hear it on this forum the first time he botches a time out or a replay. It's gonna happen. Zach Wilson is gonna make bad throws and reads. AVT is gonna turn the wrong way. 

Vegas has the Jets at 6.5 wins and I think that's just about right. I wouldn't feel confident putting money on either side of that bet. 

• Upvote 4

You should be optimistic

about JetBlue adding a new plane, the Airbus A220-300 to it's fleet. 

The A220 is an industry leader, setting the standard in cabin comfort, operating economics, environmental footprint, and digital capability.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You should be optimistic

about JetBlue adding a new plane, the Airbus A220-300 to it's fleet. 

The A220 is an industry leader, setting the standard in cabin comfort, operating economics, environmental footprint, and digital capability.

Mekhi Becton approves of this message. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

As the long-time President of the Disgruntled NY Jets Fan Club, I have a weird sense of positivity and optimism about the Jets that I haven't had in well.....forever. Absolutely love Douglas and Saleh and what they're instilling into the entire organization. Love JD's team management and can't state how much I love Saleh's passion. Even yesterday, guy who went to Saleh's high school in Dearborn, saw the personalized NY Jets plate on my car and took a few minutes to state how he's a Jets fan because of what he means to Dearborn and his community. It was a pretty awesome feeling.

So my question for @Maxman @Sperm Edwards and others is: Should I be concerned and seek medical help?

Ha, they got you to believe again. Their evil work has taken root.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm generally optimistic, probably overly optimistic most times.  What will be interesting to me is if we go 6-11 but are competitive week in and week out will people remain positive?  We have been losing for so long, and recently been even worse than "normal bad" so it's hard to stay positive when all we may get are signs of progress this year.

I think it depends what 6-11 looks like - and the competitive week in and week out is part of it and frankly a big step up. Just the trajectory of the season too - are the young guys playing and getting better? Do the systems seem to be falling into place?

Last year was hard partially because of the losing and being non-competitive but layer on top of that guys like Darnold and Herndon regressing, three years and a cloud of dust with Gore, most of the rookie class being banged up. There was almost no good to latch on to - Becton and Williams were about it - and a whole lot of bad. Then the light at the end of the tunnel was Lawrence and they didn’t make that happen either.

If they’re 6-11, play hard all year, young guys play key roles and improve, Wilson looks like he might be the answer, run game starts clicking, and the team plays well in the trenches on both sides...I’ll be optimistic for a jump to competing for a playoff spot in 2022 and finally some stability on the coaching staff and that’s kind of all I want out of this season.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

As the long-time President of the Disgruntled NY Jets Fan Club, I have a weird sense of positivity and optimism about the Jets that I haven't had in well.....forever. Absolutely love Douglas and Saleh and what they're instilling into the entire organization. Love JD's team management and can't state how much I love Saleh's passion. Even yesterday, guy who went to Saleh's high school in Dearborn, saw the personalized NY Jets plate on my car and took a few minutes to state how he's a Jets fan because of what he means to Dearborn and his community. It was a pretty awesome feeling.

So my question for @Maxman @Sperm Edwards and others is: Should I be concerned and seek medical help?

You're healthy and have realized that you no longer have to embrace the suck.   Don't seek medical help.  If you get shaky the drugs you need won't be the kind that's perscribed by the medical community.  

winnable.jpg

There are 10 winnable games on the schedule.

Saleh better win 8 of them or we've got another Adam Gase on our hands.  This team is far better and this schedule is far easier than the one he won 7 games with.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

winnable.jpg

Saleh better win 8 of them or we've got another Adam Gase on our hands.  This team is far better and this schedule is far easier than the one he won 7 games with.

SAR I

If I said we were going to start 17-0 would you call me crazy???

I think it’s time to take another ride in one your BMWs, SORE I.

3318A102-0AD3-426C-823A-AFD48EA75E01.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

https://fansided.com/2020/12/04/michigan-politicians-ask-lions-hire-robert-saleh/

Remember this....

3 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Can't say I really know? What I do know is that the Jets have raised breaking the fans hearts to an artform. The last two years have been new levels of insult.

I'm also very encouraged by JD and what he's done? Saleh is an unknown commodity for me. Can't really say anything about him. 

I always try to remain cautiously optimistic and that would be my best advice to you? We can't be drama queens all the time but we can't fall for outside impression hook, line, and sinker either...

59 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm cautiously optimistic because we finally seem to have the proper structure in place with a GM and a HC that share the same vision.   I like that like Saleh is establishing an identity too.  All gas, no break.  Love it.

That said, we're going to suck something awful next year and that's ok, because you should be optimistic about the long term, not the short term.  I know that's not fun to hear but I dont think people realize how hard it is to be a first time play caller.  At any level!, not just the NFL.  Play calling is really hard and takes a lot of experience and understanding of situation, your team and others subtle nuances.  LaFleur is facing 3 of the best defensive minds in Football who have loaded teams that play in his own division .  At his disposal is a green, raw rookie who basically needs to be built from the ground up and he has no idea how he will react in situations and what his tendencies are when the bullets are live.   Straight up, it's not going to be pretty.  I dont expect a great rookie campaign from either side.  I just hope people can be patient.  Couple that with being led by a rookie HC (who forgot he was the HC the other day), surrounded by rookies and 2nd year players who for all intent and purpose, are still rookies, 2021 is going to be long season.  4/5 wins max but you want to see is a team that starts gelling toward the end of the season and a young QB giving you hope that he's the guy for years to come.  If that happens, 2021 will be a success and should give you continued optimism. 

We no longer have Gase or Darnold.  We are going to be lots better this year.  I can't wait to see the football go past 5yds on a pass more 4 times a game.  Baby steps....

winnable.jpg
SAR I
You have us splitting with the Bills ... dont think there's a chance at that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1