So the new rookie slot WR had to practice barefoot because he had the wrong size cleats? This is so Jetsy!

51 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But it's NOT Jetsy!  It's the Giants. :D

The kind of stories that used to seem to follow the Jets are maybe now starting cling to other teams for once.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31446143/new-york-giants-kadarius-toney-does-drill-shoeless-due-wrong-size-cleats

They ordered new cleats for him.  On their way now, expedited delivery:

s-l300.png

• Haha 3

I was trying to think of a funny comment about this when my mind went off on a tangent:

Remember when Fred Biletnikoff used to have gobs of pine tar on the inside of each ankle? Man, those gobs never came off.

Remember when the Vikings used to put 13-14 men in their huddle and 2-3 would run off the field before the snap to confuse the defense?

And who was that running back for Cleveland that wore tear-away jerseys? Grab him and you'd just rip his jersey. He'd go through 10 jerseys per game.

Those were the days. Thanks for listening.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, fumblerooskie said:

I was trying to think of a funny comment about this when my mind went off on a tangent:

Remember when Fred Biletnikoff used to have gobs of pine tar on the inside of each ankle? Man, those gobs never came off.

Remember when the Vikings used to put 13-14 men in their huddle and 2-3 would run off the field before the snap to confuse the defense?

And who was that running back for Cleveland that wore tear-away jerseys? Grab him and you'd just rip his jersey. He'd go through 10 jerseys per game.

Those were the days. Thanks for listening.

Greg Pruitt

3349583974_95000ce0f3.jpg.a9aaa9f99f520c713059d8effb3fd8f8.jpg

• Upvote 4

Not as strange as what's going on in Jacksonville, where Meyer is playing Travis Etienne at WR.

Pick a RB you don't really need in round 1, then line him up at WR in rookie minicamp. Bizarre.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

But it's NOT Jetsy!  It's the Giants. :D

The kind of stories that used to seem to follow the Jets are maybe now starting cling to other teams for once.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31446143/new-york-giants-kadarius-toney-does-drill-shoeless-due-wrong-size-cleats

In fairness, he’s a University of Florida player and everyone from UF is a garbage thug. cc: @JiFapono

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Not as strange as what's going on in Jacksonville, where Meyer is playing Travis Etienne at WR.

Pick a RB you don't really need in round 1, then line him up at WR in rookie minicamp. Bizarre.

Kinda like playing Sheldon Richardson at LB.....  I mean, it was all defense right?  So does it really matter where he is? :P

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Kinda like playing Sheldon Richardson at LB.....  I mean, it was all defense right?  So does it really matter where he is? :P

You beat me to it. Rex loved defense so much he played defensive players on offense.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I can't  believe the Giants wouldn't  have sent someone to Dicks sporting goods to buy him a pair of cleats in his size. 

Could you imagine if this was the Jets?  How quickly would we hear things like, "the Johnsons are too cheap to buy the guy the right cleats!" or "I bet they're forcing him to wear Perriman's cleats since they weren't used that much last year!" lol

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Could you imagine if this was the Jets?  How quickly would we hear things like, "the Johnsons are too cheap to buy the guy the right cleats!" or "I bet they're forcing him to wear Perriman's cleats since they weren't used that much last year!" lol

I would bet the Jets WR's have been wearing the wrong size cleats all last season. Would explain all the injuries to that position.  

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I can't  believe the Giants wouldn't  have sent someone to Dicks sporting goods to buy him a pair of cleats in his size. 

I assume he came to the workout in shoes, right? Why not just wear regular shoes instead of barefoot?