jgb

Busy alert  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do if Wilson busts?

• Nothing. Par for the course
    • Flush down the memory hole and praise the next guy to the moon
    • Go back and edit my old posts and act like I called it all along
    • Argue for years he didn’t bust—the Jets failed him
    • That’ll be it for me. Done with this team (aka the nino)

What would I do if I found myself rooting for a team that whiffed on a QB they drafted?

Golly, I don't know, since the Jets' semi-recent list of drafted QBs was totally not Sanchez, Geno, Petty, Hackenberg, and Darnold.

If Wilson's name was added to that semi-recent list it'd be such virgin territory for me.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No, silly.  "SOJ".  I was leaving one nut free of adornment in hope that our beloved team would eventually surmount our plight.  Wilson busting would finally end that dream.

Start a new trend nut advertising sell the space. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Same thing I have been doing for the past 50+ years.  Enjoy my Sunday afternoons watching my team play.  Hoping for the best.  Travel to 2 or 3 games each year.  Hang on every offseason tweet or video from writiers while I hope that this next guy is finally the guy that gets it right.  And if it does not work out, I will do it all over again.  Being a Jet fan is a life sentence.

Same as it ever was...

Latest David Byrne GIFs | Gfycat

The Zoom Call in 3 years will be epic.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, ncjetman said:

this is a great topic - as far as i’m concerned the kid is already a bust - i mean what has he done for this franchise so far? zero zilch nada - no way he turns into anything more than ryan leaf - all you need to know is his family supports maga - nothing but heartache rooting for him - thanks for helping us idiot fans understand the futility that is/will be zach wilson - so much good analysis brought to this board - what would i do without it?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You guys just can't help yourselves without Political stuff can you..:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

At this point, I care more about if Saleh/JD bust. If they build around Wilson and it is a strong team but he just doesn’t work out, it is what it is. If they ruin him, I really don’t know how much more faith I would have in the team. If these guys can’t build a winner here, I really don’t know who could. 

• Upvote 1

there's always a chance wilson won't be the guy but it's up to douglas and saleh to ensure there's another guy that can step in if wilson falters.  and if the shanahan system is so easy for qb's to operate than there really shouldn't be much concern.

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

At this point, I care more about if Saleh/JD bust. If they build around Wilson and it is a strong team but he just doesn’t work out, it is what it is. If they ruin him, I really don’t know how much more faith I would have in the tank. If these guys can’t build a winner here, I really don’t know who could. 

I actually totally agree with this. All QBs have a good chance to bust. Would be great if Zach works out but if he doesn't it's not some "we can never succeed here" type feeling.

If Douglas and Saleh can't put it together here I think I'd be more distraught about the future.

• Upvote 3