jgb

Busy alert  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do if Wilson busts?

• Nothing. Par for the course
    • Flush down the memory hole and praise the next guy to the moon
    • Go back and edit my old posts and act like I called it all along
    • Argue for years he didn’t bust—the Jets failed him
    • That’ll be it for me. Done with this team (aka the nino)

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I actually totally agree with this. All QBs have a good chance to bust. Would be great if Zach works out but if he doesn't it's not some "we can never succeed here" type feeling.

If Douglas and Saleh can't put it together here I think I'd be more distraught about the future.

The way we handled Sam made me realize a QB probably cannot save this franchise. A good coach and GM can though.. I think? Time to find out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Same thing I have been doing for the past 50+ years.  Enjoy my Sunday afternoons watching my team play.  Hoping for the best.  Travel to 2 or 3 games each year.  Hang on every offseason tweet or video from writiers while I hope that this next guy is finally the guy that gets it right.  And if it does not work out, I will do it all over again.  Being a Jet fan is a life sentence.

Same as it ever was...

Latest David Byrne GIFs | Gfycat

David Byrne!!!

If life's got you down, you can always take a flight departing from JFK's amazing Terminal 5!  

JetBlue offers flights to 90+ destinations with free inflight entertainment, free brand-name snacks and drinks, lots of legroom and award-winning service.

flight GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

There would be zero reason to react any other way than option A. 

with that said, I find it hilarious some folks can’t hold back their “I told you so’s” in May.

Clue us in as to what “I told you so’s” you’ve identified so we can all share in the joke.

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Reaction?

I'm numb from 40 years of waiting and told myself that Sam Darnold would be the last QB I really get excited about.

So if Wilson busts, he busts.  I've taken Jets Prozac.  I'm on an even keel with the Jets.  No highs, no lows.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Very few said it before the talking heads started reporting the Jets had a woody for Wilson. If he was drafted by Pats we’d be laughing at Bill overreaching for a one-year wonder against a tomato can schedule.

Should tell you something.

If he was drafted by the Pats, we would be screwed. I'm so very very glad they took Jones.

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm numb from 40 years of waiting and told myself that Sam Darnold would be the last QB I really get excited about.

So if Wilson busts, he busts.  I've taken Jets Prozac.  I'm on an even keel with the Jets.  No highs, no lows.

SAR I

You went in the tank for Gase, brah.

As we saw with the Buccaneers, they won the SB after moving on from 5 years (4+1) of Jameis Winston.  They kept building their WRs, OL and DL.  

So, especially since the Jets did not trade other picks for Wilson, there is no reason why the Jets should be doomed if Wilson fails.  They just have to continue to build the team and look at Wilson as a hopeful asset and not the linchpin that the entire play depends upon (blaming Wilson, like Darnold was blamed, if things do not work out).

If Wilson does well and gets a big contract that consumes 20% of the cap, then we can blame him.  

I can see teams rolling with rookie and cheaper veterans and avoiding the big QB contracts.  How many big QB contracts have worked out over the last 5 years?

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

You went in the tank for Gase, brah.

I didn't want Adam Gase.   And I didn't want a revolving door either.  Gase is not the reason I'm burned out on the Jets.  Darnold is.  I thought we'd finally gotten a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's much more likely he busts than becomes a franchise QB. Nothing on him personally, but most QBs bust. Hard to get upset that something that is unlikely to occur.. doesn't occur.

Why does everything have to be black or white?  Why not gray?

How about if he turns into Mayfield?  Not a boom, but certainly not a bust either.

Or a Derek Carr?  

Why are we even talking about boom or bust right now?  So stupid.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I didn't want Adam Gase.   And I didn't want a revolving door either.  Gase is not the reason I'm burned out on the Jets.  Darnold is.  I thought we'd finally gotten a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

I don’t understand how one can be both against Gase but against firing him, too. That’s some Schroeder’s Cat level thinking there.

If the dude sucks, give the boot. Pretty simple.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I don’t understand how one can be both against Gase but against firing him, too. That’s some Schroeder’s Cat level thinking there.

If the dude sucks, give the boot. Pretty simple.

We held onto Bowles a year too long so that he could take the body blows of a rebuild.  If Saleh turns out to be great it won’t matter.  

Either way, it’s 8 wins or bust this season.

SAR I  

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We held onto Bowles a year too long so that he could take the body blows of a rebuild.  If Saleh turns out to be great it won’t matter.  

Either way, it’s 8 wins or bust this season.

SAR I  

Once you know a guy sucks — be it GM, HC, QB — dump.

Same thing I always do when our Franchise QB busts....take their knock off DHGate jersey out of my closet and add it to the donation clothes bag for the year....argue with strangers on here about which QB will be the next best thing....get talked into liking a QB that I didn't want from the onset.....get overly excited on draft night......my Wilson knock off should be arriving in the next week or so.....promise myself that if THIS QB plays well enough to earn a 2nd contract, I'll spring for the $300+ authentic.....rinse and repeat 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Same thing I always do when our Franchise QB busts....take their knock off DHGate jersey out of my closet and add it to the donation clothes bag for the year....argue with strangers on here about which QB will be the next best thing....get talked into liking a QB that I didn't want from the onset.....get overly excited on draft night......my Wilson knock off should be arriving in the next week or so.....promise myself that if THIS QB plays well enough to earn a 2nd contract, I'll spring for the $300+ authentic.....rinse and repeat 

You are so ready to come to the dark side