Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver

1. Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver

Andrew Holleran  5 hrs ago

A former first round NFL Draft pick is back in the league.

a large stadium with green grass: A general view of MetLife Stadium during a Giants game.© Provided by The Spun A general view of MetLife Stadium during a Giants game.
Kelvin Benjamin, a first round pick out of Florida State in the 2014 NFL Draft, has not played in the league since 2018. The 6-foot-5 wide receiver spent the first four years of his career with the Carolina Panthers. Benjamin had a successful rookie season, though struggled with his weight moving forward.

The former Seminoles star went on to play for the Bills and the Chiefs in 2018. He had not played in the league since.

Sunday morning, the New York Giants opted to sign the former first round pick. However, Benjamin will not be playing wide receiver for the NFC East franchise. Instead, the Giants will have Benjamin at tight end.

The NFL world is excited to see what Benjamin can do at tight end in New York.

Several NFL scouts often said that Benjamin might be better at tight end and now he’ll get a chance to prove it.

The Giants are coming off a disappointing 6-10 season in 2020, though New York will look to contend in the NFC East in 2021.

New York opens the regular season against Denver on Sunday, Sept. 12.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont think Kelvin Benjamin played that season

Wow you are right. His top WR receiver was Ted Ginn that year. Which makes his accomplishment even more evidence that FQBs make their own weapons.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

So we agree

I dont think we agree, its a bad example.  

Ginn wasnt transformed, he was forced into being a #1 and had 700 receiving yards.  Robbie put up 200 more yards than Finn with McCown and Petty throwing to him

6 hours ago, jetsons said:
  1. Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver

Andrew Holleran  5 hrs ago
image.png.659da95adef5c908f7da1e7cfa16670b.png

Several NFL scouts believed that Benjamin could have been a pass-catching tight end when he entered the NFL back in 2014. During the course of his career, the 6-foot-5, 245-pound receiver has been the butt of jokes about being a tight end.

Now he’s embracing that potential change in an effort to get one more NFL shot.

The New York Giants are reportedly adding a notable wide receiver to their roster ahead of the 2021 regular season.

According to a report from NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport, the Giants are signing former first round pick Kelvin Benjamin.

Benjamin, 30, was a first round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-5 wide receiver played for the Carolina Panthers from 2014-17 and later the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs.

Now, Benjamin is back in the NFL, only this time as a tight end.

NFL.com noted that many have discussed the possibility of Benjamin thriving at tight end:

Benjamin will now get a chance to thrive at the position. He will look to become a top target for Giants quarterback Daniel Jones.

The Giants, coming off a 6-10 season, will open the 2021 regular season on Sunday, Sept. 12 against the Broncos.

The post Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver appeared first on The Spun.

Camp fodder

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont think we agree, its a bad example.  

Ginn wasnt transformed, he was forced into being a #1 and had 700 receiving yards.  Robbie put up 200 more yards than Finn with McCown and Petty throwing to him

Nah dawg we agree you just don’t realize it

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 7:05 PM, Integrity28 said:

Sweet Jesus. If you hit submit and see the formatting is a mess, press edit and fix it.

Agreed.  But here is a helpful hint for those who read the site in dark mode  There are plenty of posts like this one.  If you read the site in dark mode, when somebody posts a flawed article, simply highlight the text.  It makes it readable. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Probably more notable than some of the JAGs the NY Jets sign. 

If you have no idea about what you’re talking about and just are attracted to recognizable names.  
We signed two nice WRs for Zach

He’s a total JAG.  And you think he’s better than what we signed 

52 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Agreed.  But here is a helpful hint for those who read the site in dark mode  There are plenty of posts like this one.  If you read the site in dark mode, when somebody posts a flawed article, simply highlight the text.  It makes it readable. 

I'm not in dark mode. Formatting = indentations, text styles, etc. On mobile the formatting squeezes it to the point of being unreadable.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If you have no idea about what you’re talking about and just are attracted to recognizable names.  
We signed two nice WRs for Zach

He’s a total JAG.  And you think he’s better than what we signed 

1 hour ago, K Clue said:

Who are these JAGS that you speak of? 
I assume you don’t mean Corey Davis or Keelan Cole right? 

@Jet Nut  Do you ever know what your talking about or do you just like to argue with everyone about anything, 

No I don't mean Davis and Cole they are decent I mean all the other JAG's they signed and have been signing over the years. 

Kelvin Benjamin signed by the NY Giants likely being moved to TE the reports are saying. 

2014   73 catches 1008 yards  9 TD 

2016  63 catches 941 yards     7 TD 

His best years. 

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Jet Nut  Do you ever know what your talking about or do you just like to argue with everyone about anything, 

No I don't mean Davis and Cole they are decent I mean all the other JAG's they signed and have been signing over the years. 

Kelvin Benjamin signed by the NY Giants likely being moved to TE the reports are saying. 

2014   73 catches 1008 yards  9 TD 

2016  63 catches 941 yards     7 TD 

His best years. 

Do I know what I'm talking about?  You ask for it, YOU argue.  YOU said Benjamin is better than any FA we signed.  Davis and Cole were the FA WRs we signed.  YOU asked for it, got smacked and then whine.  Benjamin isnt better than any WR we signed, thats it.  

So you back up your loony point by putting up numbers of a JAG WR who's best years were 5 and 7 years ago.  

Who hasnt played in tree years.  When he had all of 300 yards.  And now is so slow that the Giants, those geniuses, will just move him to TE.  

DO you even know who these players are?

Dont argue any more, walk away

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Probably more notable than some of the JAGs the NY Jets sign. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do I know what I'm talking about?  You ask for it, YOU argue.  YOU said Benjamin is better than any FA we signed.  Davis and Cole were the FA WRs we signed.  YOU asked for it, got smacked and then whine.  Benjamin isnt better than any WR we signed, thats it.  

So you back up your loony point by putting up numbers of a JAG WR who's best years were 5 and 7 years ago.  

Who hasnt played in tree years

DO you even know who these players are?

Dont argue any more, walk away

I never said this specific season or bashed Davis and Cole.

I meant in general overall. 

The NY Jets bring guys back from the dead to play WR. 

They sign former #1 picks many teams have given up on. 

Kelvin Benjamin wouldn't have been the worst we ever did. 

Don't tell me what to do ever. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never said this specific season or bashed Davis and Cole.

I meant in general overall. 

The NY Jets bring guys back from the dead to play WR. 

They sign former #1 picks many teams have given up on. 

Kelvin Benjamin wouldn't have been the worst we ever did. 

Don't tell me what to do ever. 

You said Benjamin was a better FA signing than our FA WR signings. 

The NY Jets did not bring back guys from the dead to play WR.  THATS WHAT YOUR GIANTS JUST DID.  

Benjamin would have been the worst we ever did.  Not just this year, ever 

They sign former #1 picks many teams have given up on, who Benjamin?  LOL 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You said Benjamin was a better FA signing than our FA WR signings. 

The NY Jets did not bring back guys from the dead to play WR.  THATS WHAT YOUR GIANTS JUST DID.  

Benjamin would have been the worst we ever did.  Not just this year, ever 

They sign former #1 picks many teams have given up on, who Benjamin?  LOL 

No I didn't that's the way you interpreted it to be able to argue with someone. 

No he wouldn't have been. Josh Bellamy DJ Montgomery to name a few. 

No Josh Doctson. LMFAO

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No I didn't that's the way you interpreted it to be able to argue with someone. 

No he wouldn't have been. 

No Josh Doctson. LMFAO

You just keep coming back to make yourself look dumb

You friggen want to argue and then cry when someone replies to you.  

Josh Doctson?  Who F'n cares, WTF are you laughing at

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Dumb? 

I provided facts you provided nothing as usual. 

Laughing at you and this entire subject. 

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dumb? 

I provided facts you provided nothing as usual. 

Laughing at you and this entire subject. 

Already nostalgic for last season arguing against those who thought Breshad Perriman was a good signing.

• Haha 1