Jump to content

Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Already nostalgic for last season arguing against those who thought Breshad Perriman was a good signing.

And with that Perriman is 100X better than Benjamin

JW thinks hes made a point though.  Facts 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

W T F ?

Sweet Jesus. If you hit submit and see the formatting is a mess, press edit and fix it.

why are we talking about insignificant Giant signings on the Jets Message boards

Posted Images

On 5/16/2021 at 2:12 PM, jgb said:

Remember when Cam Newton won a league MVP award with Kelvin Benjamin as his top target? Franchise QBs make their own weapons.

didn't Steve Smith play there ?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

 

@Jet Nut  Do you ever know what your talking about or do you just like to argue with everyone about anything, 

No I don't mean Davis and Cole they are decent I mean all the other JAG's they signed and have been signing over the years. 

Kelvin Benjamin signed by the NY Giants likely being moved to TE the reports are saying. 

2014   73 catches 1008 yards  9 TD 

2016  63 catches 941 yards     7 TD 

His best years. 

Oh got ya, so pretty much every receiver from last season besides Mims and Crowder lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

 

Already nostalgic for last season arguing against those who thought Breshad Perriman was a good signing.

Fun fact.  Breshad Perriman has contributed more to two different teams in the last 2 years than Kelvin Benjamin has in the last 3.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Oh got ya, so pretty much every receiver from last season besides Mims and Crowder lol

Vyncint Smith, Lawrence Cager, Jeff Smith, Braxton Berrios, Josh Malone, Chris Hogan, and yes, even Josh Bellamy, all contributed more to the Jets over the last 2 seasons than Kelvin Benjamin has to ANY team in the last 3 years.

Just another fun fact.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not in dark mode. Formatting = indentations, text styles, etc. On mobile the formatting squeezes it to the point of being unreadable.

I couldn't read it, either. It was just one straight line of text after the title that went on for 90 years. I bailed.

So fill me in, is the guy's name really Notable Wide Receiver? Thanks.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Kelvin Benjamin way better than some of the trash Macc and JD has dragged in here. 

 

Stats literally don’t back that up.  Benjamin hasn’t played in a game for any team since 12-30-2018.  It would just be better if you simply said “I know Kelvin Benjamin’s name ‘cause I’ve heard it in the media a lot so he must be better than guys we’ve signed”.  He’s a fat, lazy, malcontent who no team has touched for 3 years, but I guess it must be all of the other teams who made a mistake, right?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Fun video 

 

Absolutely childish response because I know exactly what you meant by posting this.  Turns out more than one person thinks saying that Kelvin Benjamin, a guy who has been out of the league for 3 years, is better than some of the guys we’ve brought in over the last few years, is a bad opinion.  Who would have guessed?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Stats literally don’t back that up.  Benjamin hasn’t played in a game for any team since 12-30-2018.  It would just be better if you simply said “I know Kelvin Benjamin’s name ‘cause I’ve heard it in the media a lot so he must be better than guys we signed”.  He’s a fat, lazy, malcontent who no team has touched for 3 years, but I guess it must be all of the other teams who made the mistake, right?

Absolutely childish response because I know exactly what you mean by posting this.

Whatever you disagree I get it who cares. Josh Doctson first round pick years ago. Did absolutely nothing in the NFL NY Jets signed him. There were many others way worse than KB. 
My response fits the situation childish as it is. 
Goodnight 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K Clue said:

Oh got ya, so pretty much every receiver from last season besides Mims and Crowder lol

And all are better than Benjamin 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

why are we talking about insignificant Giant signings on the Jets Message boards

@joewilly12 is obsessed with the Giants

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Kelvin Benjamin way better than some of the trash Macc and JD has dragged in here. 

 

No hes not.

You just dont get it.

Theres a reason hes been out of the NFL for 3 years 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

why are we talking about insignificant Giant signings on the Jets Message boards

Exactly. 

But yet a NY Knicks Playoff thread was moved and not allowed to be talked about on our main Forum? 

However NY Giants threads can stay alive for days on end?

Hypocritical horse crap. 

In all seriousness JN should add another forum; "The NFL forum".

I think that would be pretty cool and could be helpful to follow other players and teams without having to stain our main Jets Forum.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Fun fact.  Breshad Perriman has contributed more to two different teams in the last 2 years than Kelvin Benjamin has in the last 3.

My finger contributes a lot to my nose, too.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

didn't Steve Smith play there ?

Cam Newton won his MVP in 2015. Steve Smith last played for the Panthers in 1937.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

WR's that were on the NY Jets roster 2019/2020 that contributed next to nothing. 

Chris Hogan 

Josh Malone 

DJ Montgomery 

Jeff Smith 

Josh Bellamy

KB being moved to TE seems like a good move for the NY Giants. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Vyncint Smith, Lawrence Cager, Jeff Smith, Braxton Berrios, Josh Malone, Chris Hogan, and yes, even Josh Bellamy, all contributed more to the Jets over the last 2 seasons than Kelvin Benjamin has to ANY team in the last 3 years.

Just another fun fact.

Well to be fair Benjamin hasn’t played a down since 2018, so that’s not saying much. 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And all are better than Benjamin 

 

 

I would agree mainly because Benjamin seems like he hasn’t cared about football in a while, just watching him play in his last few seasons he seemed like he half-assed a lot of the time and uninterested about football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And with that Perriman is 100X better than Benjamin

JW thinks hes made a point though.  Facts 

They both are bad. Benjamin did have a moment in the sun-- in, I believe, his rookie year -- as Cam's top WR target. Perriman is a physical specimen with maybe the worst hands the NFL has ever seen. In one year with the Ravens, there were more INT return yards from passes that deflected off his hands than he had receiving yards. In that year he was, naturally, rated the worst qualifying WR in the league by PFF. That's an impressive level of suck. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2021 at 10:46 PM, Jet Nut said:

Well Benjamin signed

Still trying to understand how hes notable

He's
notable
because
he 
really
sucks.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly. 

But yet a NY Knicks Playoff thread was moved and not allowed to be talked about on our main Forum? 

However NY Giants threads can stay alive for days on end?

Hypocritical horse crap. 

In all seriousness JN should add another forum; "The NFL forum".

I think that would be pretty cool and could be helpful to follow other players and teams without having to stain our main Jets Forum.

 

the arbitrary movement of off-topic threads in the off season is funny. It's off-season.  But the thread police must do their jobs I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Josh Doctson was signed to be a friggin’ camp body.  Kelvin Benjamin couldn’t even get that invite from 31 other teams for 3 years.  So no, Kelvin Benjamin’s YouTube highlight video filled with clips from half a decade ago do not make him a better option in the eyes of the National Football League.  Why?  Because he can’t control his weight.  Because he is a lockerroom headache.  Because he’s incredibly lazy.  Because, even before gaining weight, he struggled heavily with getting separation.  The Giants are making him a TE for crying out loud, so that tells me that he’s still huge and needs to play against LBs because he can’t separate from CBs.  31 other teams didn’t think enough of him to do that with him for 3 years.  If he finds ANY success, it will be because he LEFT the wide receiver position.

No, your childish response doesn’t fit anything.  I don’t care who my opinion aligns with.  I don’t “tag team” with anyone.  Take that victim complex and throw it out.  Total garbage.

Hey! There’s  a lot of swell people out there that can’t control their weight Moggles! Yet, not sure any of them play wideout in the NFL. Solid point. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

He's
notable
because
he 
really
sucks.

JW will get pissed at you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Delete the thread if the op isn't even readable.

Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver

Andrew Holleran  5 hrs ago

NFL World Reacts To The Kelvin Benjamin News

Several NFL scouts believed that Benjamin could have been a pass-catching tight end when he entered the NFL back in 2014. During the course of his career, the 6-foot-5, 245-pound receiver has been the butt of jokes about being a tight end.

Now he’s embracing that potential change in an effort to get one more NFL shot.

The New York Giants are reportedly adding a notable wide receiver to their roster ahead of the 2021 regular season.

According to a report from NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport, the Giants are signing former first round pick Kelvin Benjamin.

Benjamin, 30, was a first round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-5 wide receiver played for the Carolina Panthers from 2014-17 and later the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs.

Now, Benjamin is back in the NFL, only this time as a tight end.

 

NFL.com noted that many have discussed the possibility of Benjamin thriving at tight end:

Benjamin will now get a chance to thrive at the position. He will look to become a top target for Giants quarterback Daniel Jones.

The Giants, coming off a 6-10 season, will open the 2021 regular season on Sunday, Sept. 12 against the Broncos.

The post Giants Are Reportedly Signing Notable Wide Receiver appeared first on The Spun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jgb said:

They both are bad. Benjamin did have a moment in the sun-- in, I believe, his rookie year -- as Cam's top WR target. Perriman is a physical specimen with maybe the worst hands the NFL has ever seen. In one year with the Ravens, there were more INT return yards from passes that deflected off his hands than he had receiving yards. In that year he was, naturally, rated the worst qualifying WR in the league by PFF. That's an impressive level of suck. 

And the point still stands, Perriman today and last year is a better WR than Benjamin

More to the point Benjamin isnt a signing that anyone should be praising for any reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Odds he is with them on opening day?  Pretty slim, I'd bet.  At least Benjamin vs. Joe Judge should be pretty cool to watch.

Sadder is if we signed KB to play TE he might possibly be the best TE on our roster. 

Herndon and Griffin very disappointing in 2020. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sadder is if we signed KB to play TE he might possibly be the best TE on our roster. 

Herndon and Griffin very disappointing in 2020. 

Sad is that you actually believe this

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadder is you believe Herndon and Griffin or any NY Jets TE  had a decent season in 2020. 

 

Sad is you think because real TEs struggled under Gase a WR who missed the last 3 years, never played TE and never had to block will be better than an actual TE.

All I said that Benjamin has never played TE, hasnt played football in 3 years.  Not that the Jets TEs played well a year ago

When was the last time Benjamin had a decent season 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...