GO NY GO NY GOOOOO (Our NEW YORK KNICKS are back in the playoffs!!!)

(For you New Jersey natives, this thread isn't for YOU (so STFU and ignore); but for us diehard New Yorkers, this thread is for... US!). 

• Playoff bound for the first time in 8 years. 

• 41-31 overall (best record since 2012-2013). 

• #4 seed within the Eastern Conference; only behind Philadelphia, Brooklyn and Milwaukee (and with a Lakers loss tonight we'll finish with a top 10 overall NBA record). 

• DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and under coach Tom Thibodeau; we're featuring the NBA's #1 Defense!

• An absolute NBA Superstar in Julius Randle leading the way (2021 All-Star). 

• Homegrown Knick kids in Immanuel Quickley (PG), R.J Barrett (2G) and Mitchell Robinson (C) (all) developing into NBA stardom. 

• Veteran leaders in Derrick Rose, Reggie Bullock, Alec Burks, Elfrid Payton, Taj Gibson and Nerlens Noel (all) contributing to winning basketball. 

(The likes of homegrown kids in Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox and Obi Toppin didn't contribute too much, however; all 3 are now Playoff bound. 

√ I hope we play the Miami Heat instead of Atlanta Hawks (1st round); reminiscing of our 1990's rivalry with Miami. 

Because of Julius Randle + a #1 Defense we'll have a chance to make it out of the Eastern Conference and can eliminate... Anyone). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Pretty big NYK fan here  Happy for the Knicks and the fans here.  We deserve it after all this time.  They are fun to watch and I enjoy some semblance of defense in watching hoops.  After all these years, it doesn't hurt to be cashing in on them as well.  They have been the golden bets in the NBA for the last 6 weeks. Ca-ching.   Today was a mixed bag.  They didn't cover but the under was as plain as plain could be.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Pretty big NYK fan here  Happy for the Knicks and the fans here.  We deserve it after all this time.  They are fun to watch and I enjoy some semblance of defense in watching hoops.  After all these years, it doesn't hurt to be cashing in on them as well.  They have been the golden bets in the NBA for the last 6 weeks. Ca-ching.   Today was a mixed bag.  They didn't cover but the under was as plain as plain could be.

My older brother took Knicks 1st half today for a lock ???? PIZZA ON HIM TOMORROW ?

Most fun Knicks season since 2013. Really likable young team. They hustle, play defense, play selfless ball. Thibs is a great coach. 

A first round playoff series win is probably the ceiling for this squad without a superstar, but the current admin knows what they're doing and for the first time in forever one might want to come here.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Most fun Knicks season since 2013. Really likable young team. They hustle, play defense, play selfless ball. Thibs is a great coach. 

A first round playoff series win is probably the ceiling for this squad without a superstar, but the current admin knows what they're doing and for the first time in forever one might want to come here.

This season was way more fun for me than 2012-2013 because instead of Melo ball we played team ball. 

And I disagree. Julius Randle is an absolute NBA Superstar who just averaged 24 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists and can put up a triple double any given game. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This season was way more fun for me than 2012-2013 because instead of Melo ball we played team ball. 

And I disagree. Julius Randle is an absolute NBA Superstar who just averaged 24 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists and can put up a triple double any given game. 

I guess I should have said "another" superstar, although I'd like to see Randle continue to produce at this level... Loving what I'm seeing from RJ Barrett.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I guess I should have said "another" superstar, although I'd like to see Randle continue to produce at this level... Loving what I'm seeing from RJ Barrett.

I absolutely loved this kid while @ Duke. 

Zion is a freak of nature and a bully down low but RJ has more versatility to his game and imo will develop into an all around better player; he's been awesome this year as only a 2nd year player and before you know it he's going to become an All-Star @ 2G for many of years to come within the East. 

I'm really hoping Mitchell Robinson comes back healthy for the PLAYOFFS because if so, the likes of big men in Randle/Robinson/Noel/Gibson will lead us far. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, peebag said:

What's a Knickerbocker?

image.jpeg.8f707480b789baf13f0499ea06513000.jpeg

The actual name of the Knicks comes from the nickname for the descendants of the Dutch settlers of New York.  They were said to be knickerbockers. 

Tonight I raise my glass to the Knickerbockers.  We return to the playoffs for the first time in a long time.  It has been an amazing year.  If only Robinson were healthy and we were at full strength.  Though I have to admit that Noel and Gibson have surprised in a big way. 

Randle is the straw that stirs the drink, but as Barrett goes so go the fortunes of the Knicks.  When he is on they are a match for the entire NBA.  Here's to hoping he has a hot postseason and IQ, Bullock, Rose and Burks keep up their clutch play.  A true team effort with a swarming defense.

Nobody wants to play us. 

• Upvote 1