FCS Cornerback tricked into thinking he was trying out for Falcons

On Monday, Bryant was among the players invited to participate in the HUB Football Camp, founded by agent Don Yee. Representatives of NFL teams, including the Falcons, are scheduled to be in attendance at the event which will take place in San Diego on Sunday.

He’ll get his shot today 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Horrible story.  The dude traveled to Atlanta and everything.  The world still has some pretty sh!tty people unfortunately.

The vast bulk of people in this world are sh*tty, make no mistake about that.

If the story is legit, it's just such a horrible thing to do to someone.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I highly doubt he has an agent. What a terrible thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He did have an agent, and I know that teams talk to agents, not players. So even if this guy did get hoaxed, did he not speak to his agent about the text message? If he did, did his agent not do his job? How is a guy getting on a plane to tryout without the agent and team communicating? Just seems odd. 

Either way, if he really was duped into it, then I'm happy that he's getting his shot and hope he makes the most of it.  

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That would be the classy thing to do, but I wouldn't publicize it because then guys will hoax a hoax to finagle a tryout.

Yeah.  My thought too.  My first thought was "Poor bastard, I hope they give him a try-out."  By my second thought, the cynic in me was thinking "This would be a good way to get publicity" and get a chance to run for somebody.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He did have an agent, and I know that teams talk to agents, not players. So even if this guy did get hoaxed, did he not speak to his agent about the text message? If he did, did his agent not do his job? How is a guy getting on a plane to tryout without the agent and team communicating? Just seems odd. 

It's really not that odd. We live in a world where a good amount of people still fall for the Nigerian prince email scheme. 

At first I thought it was a mean spirited, evil and downright rotten thing to do to someone. 

However. 

There are two sides to every story. 

Maybe a genius is behind this? 

Maybe someone who REALLY BELIEVED IN THIS KIDS ATHLETIC ABILITY is behind this? 

Maybe it's someone who didn't want to watch this kid (after going undrafted) flat out quit on his football dreams? 

Therefore...

This person sent him on a fake Tryout because of 3 reasons...

1.) He knew this STORY would gain National exposure and takeoff like a wildfire. 

2.) He knew and/or had a strong feeling Atlanta would've felt bad for him, fans would beg for a tryout given to this kid and ultimately; he'd get his REAL TRYOUT with the Falcons (after being sent home without a practice the 1st time). 

3.) He knows this kid is going to walk on and walk off with a contract/roster spot. 

What initially felt like a hateful prank could've began as a loving effort. 

Friend. Family member. H.S/NCAA fan of his and/or former coach etc could've pulled this off as a way of "one last chance to be seen - before never being seen again". 

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

At first I thought it was a mean spirited, evil and downright rotten thing to do to someone. 

However. 

There are two sides to every story. 

Maybe a genius is behind this? 

Maybe someone who REALLY BELIEVED IN THIS KIDS ATHLETIC ABILITY is behind this? 

Maybe it's someone who didn't want to watch this kid (after going undrafted) flat out quit on his football dreams? 

Therefore...

This person sent him on a fake Tryout because of 3 reasons...

1.) He knew this STORY would gain National exposure and takeoff like a wildfire. 

2.) He knew and/or had a strong feeling Atlanta would've felt bad for him, fans would beg for a tryout given to this kid and ultimately; he'd get his REAL TRYOUT with the Falcons (after being sent home without a practice the 1st time). 

3.) He knows this kid is going to walk on and walk off with a contract/roster spot. 

What initially felt like a hateful prank could've began as a loving effort. 

Friend. Family member. H.S/NCAA fan of his and/or former coach etc could've pulled this off as a way of "one last chance to be seen - before never being seen again". 

This was a hot topic at Bildeburg this year.