The Official 2021 N.Y Knicks 1st Round NBA Playoffs Game(s) Thread vs. Atlanta Hawks:

This is pretty much what their offense looked like through March. They had found a groove with it once they learned where to fit Rose but gotta give credit to the Hawks they are just exploiting everything. Randle isn’t getting good looks and for some bizarre reason has abandoned trying to make anyone better. IMO they need to get Bullock going from behind the arc immediately because it’s been 6 quarters and they can’t keep up with Young at all. If the Knicks can’t start hitting from 3 this is going to get ugly quick.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Knicks need 3’s desperately and their best bets are Barrett in the corner and Bullock off screens. It’s what was working for them all Spring and just no effort to get it going at all. Come on. 

Randle is also just lost. 

You need your stars to play like starts. If Randle and Young could cancel each other out, the Knicks would be right there. 

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is pretty much what their offense looked like through March. They had found a groove with it once they learned where to fit Rose but gotta give credit to the Hawks they are just exploiting everything. Randle isn’t getting good looks and for some bizarre reason has abandoned trying to make anyone better. IMO they need to get Bullock going from behind the arc immediately because it’s been 6 quarters and they can’t keep up with Young at all. If the Knicks can’t start hitting from 3 this is going to get ugly quick.

You called it dude just drained back to back 3s!!!

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Randle is also just lost. 

You need your stars to play like starts. If Randle and Young could cancel each other out, the Knicks would be right there. 

I don’t know where the hell these wacky mid rangers came from with him. They flourish when he’s facilitating and he knows this. It looks like something may finally be clicking after that 3rd but seriously what the ****. 

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I agree. 

We must cut the lead to no more than 4-6 points here in the 3rd before heading into the 4th Q; or else we'll have no shot. 

This upcoming 3rd Q is the biggest quarter of our entire season thus far. 

I stand behind what I wrote!!!

Amazing 3rd Q we outscored them by 14 points there in the 3rd (32-18) and now head into the 4th up 1 baby!!!

That 3rd Q might've just SAVED our Playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I can't  comment on this board during  the game. You people were pissing me off. Basketball is all about the 4th qrt. 

Wrong. 

This game was all about the 3rd Q. 

We were down by 13 @ the half. 

Without that 3rd Q (outscoring them by 14); our 4th Q wouldn't have meant jack squat. 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wrong. 

This game was all about the 3rd Q. 

We were down by 13 @ the half. 

Without that 3rd Q (outscoring them by 14); our 4th Q wouldn't have meant jack squat. 

Without the lockdown D the Knicks played in the 4th, the third would have meant nothing

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Held a super explosive Hawks offense to only 92 points; 

This NY Defense is as tough as our 90's Knicks D's. 

I love love love this team. 

They play with legit intensity. 

Randle has to wake his ass up, though. 

I was all about giving him a max bag ASAP, but I need to see more for the rest of this series. He's having trouble adjusting to the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I will say this, being 1-1 with the Hawks with Randle as lost offensively has he's been is promising. 

Going to be a long series. We really, really want to win game 3. 

The thing is, you can see Randle is starting to figure things out. There will be a 30 point JR game in this series.  

They play with legit intensity. 

Randle has to wake his ass up, though. 

I was all about giving him a max bag ASAP, but I need to see more for the rest of this series. He's having trouble adjusting to the playoffs. 

Without Randle there are no playoffs

I will say this, being 1-1 with the Hawks with Randle as lost offensively has he's been is promising. 

Going to be a long series. We really, really want to win game 3. 

It's his first ever postseason series I believe he's just putting too much pressure on himself to impress the Garden faithful; he's going to bounce back in Atlanta. 

Even on another off night offensively he still put up 15 points 12 resounds and 4 assists. 

And you're right. Randle struggling on offense two genes in a row but yet still alive in this series is an awesome sign. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

The thing is, you can see Randle is starting to figure things out. There will be a 30 point JR game in this series.  

There needs to be several.

He was definitely better in the second half today, but his shooting and decision-making have been awful. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Without the lockdown D the Knicks played in the 4th, the third would have meant nothing

You're wrong. 

Knicks only outscored ATL by 8 points during the 4th Q. 

However we outscored ATL by 14 in the 3rd Q. 

Without a DOMINANT 3rd Q we lose the game easily. 

3rd Q points allowed = 18. 

4th Q points allowed = 17. 

So I don't know what the fk you're really talking about. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Without Randle there are no playoffs

Without coach Thibs and his #1 Defense, NY doesn't sniff the PLAYOFFS.

However that didn't stop you from BLAMING game 1's loss on coach T. 

Randle lost game 1. Tom coached his ass off despite Randle struggling and the refs gifted ATL. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There needs to be several.

He was definitely better in the second half today, but his shooting and decision-making have been awful. 

Like I said, he is figuring it out. Randle never got this kind of attention before. I think the next game in Atlanta you are going to see a different JR. Everyone talks about Young's basketball IQ but Randle is one of the smartest players I ever saw. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're wrong. 

Knicks only outscored ATL by 8 points during the 4th Q. 

However we outscored ATL by 14 in the 3rd Q. 

Without a DOMINANT 3rd Q we lose the game easily. 

3rd Q points allowed = 18. 

4th Q points allowed = 17. 

So I don't know what the fk you're really talking about. 

No point in arguing this. They shut down Atlanta when it counted.  

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Without coach Thibs and his #1 Defense, NY doesn't sniff the PLAYOFFS.

However that didn't stop you from BLAMING game 1's loss on coach T. 

Randle lost game 1. Tom coached his ass off despite Randle struggling and the refs gifted ATL. 

Ok, i'm out. You are being a sore winner. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Like I said, he is figuring it out. Randle never got this kind of attention before. I think the next game in Atlanta you are going to see a different JR. Everyone talks about Young's basketball IQ but Randle is one of the smartest players I ever saw. 

Game 3 would a good time to start ballin . . .