The Official 2021 N.Y Knicks 1st Round NBA Playoffs Game(s) Thread vs. Atlanta Hawks:

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Like I said, he is figuring it out. Randle never got this kind of attention before. I think the next game in Atlanta you are going to see a different JR. Everyone talks about Young's basketball IQ but Randle is one of the smartest players I ever saw. 

It’s easy to forget he’s only 26 and this is his first postseason. No qualms if the guy can’t find his stroke but good lord at least go back to what was working for you during the regular season on off nights. The Starks act is seriously bizarre behavior for him. With how he looked in the 4th I think it’s fair to attribute it all to nerves but I’m not nearly as confident about this series as I was prior. 

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s easy to forget he’s only 26 and this is his first postseason. No qualms if the guy can’t find his stroke but good lord at least go back to what was working for you during the regular season on off nights. The Starks act is seriously bizarre behavior for him. With how he looked in the 4th I think it’s fair to attribute it all to nerves but I’m not nearly as confident about this series as I was prior. 

Yea, I'm definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt, but the onus is on him to come out strong in game 3. 

The only thing I am confident of now is that this is a long series. I really wish we could have pulled out game 1. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Drinks on DWC!

Yessir!

1.) Islanders (1st Period +0.5) = cover). 

2.) TB Rays ML = Cover. 

3.) TB Lightning ML = Cover. 

4.) Houston Astros ML = Cover. 

5.) 76ers RL -8.0 = Cover. 

6.) N.Y Knicks ML = Cover. 

7.) Jazz for the $$$ -9.5 and won by 12 = cover. 

Ok. So I lied at the time of that post/quote above. NY wasn't my last game however I was 100% convinced Jazz were going to destroy Grizz coming off a loss so therefore while NY was down big @ the half I was convinced they were about to blow my parlay ticket (Utah was never a question). I had to put the pressure on my Knicks ?

If I went 6-1 with NY my only loss I would've been disheartened. 

Haven't done PARLAYS since football season but ever since game 1 of the Knicks playoffs I been doing $10-$20 every day lol been going 5-2, 4-3, 3-4 etc but tonight I finally came through on my 7 pick. 

PS; I'm only going to gamble on the Knicks from now on. $100 on Knicks every game. Fk it. I'm playing with House money and I only wanna focus on the Knicks moving forward ?

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm now even more confident than ever before (against Atlanta). 

Why? Because you just mentioned it. 

Our most productive and best player in Julius Randle has really struggled on offense throughout back to back games...

But yet...

The series is tied @ 1-1. 

And we could easily be up 2-0 if not for Young's buzzer beater (+ an awful phantom foul call). 

Julius Randle was trying too hard. The Garden was rocking. He just put too much pressure on himself but moving forward he's going to absolutely dominate. 

Knicks in 5 (I don't see ATL stealing another one). 

Not only Randle but Barrett has been playing pretty bad on offense too. First time in the playoffs for both. 

RJ + Randle struggled and we're still tied 1-1 and should be 2-0? 

That's because our Defense is #1 for a reason and we've got better role players and a much deeper team than any experts ever gave us credit for. 

NY is a problem right now. No team wants to play these kids right now. 

Coach Thibs is leading a group of young men on a mission and veterans like Rose and Gibson aren't scared of anyone. 

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Randle has to realize this is still basketball, the stakes are just higher. He needs to just go out there and play. 

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm now even more confident than ever before (against Atlanta). 

Why? Because you just mentioned it. 

Our most productive and best player in Julius Randle has really struggled on offense throughout back to back games...

But yet...

The series is tied @ 1-1. 

And we could easily be up 2-0 if not for Young's buzzer beater (+ an awful phantom foul call). 

Julius Randle was trying too hard. The Garden was rocking. He just put too much pressure on himself but moving forward he's going to absolutely dominate. 

Knicks in 5 (I don't see ATL stealing another one). 

Not only Randle but Barrett has been playing pretty bad on offense too. First time in the playoffs for both. 

nould be 2-0? 

That's because our Defense is #1 for a reason and we've got better role players and a much deeper team than any experts ever gave us credit for. 

NY is a problem right now. No team wants to play these kids right now. 

Coach Thibs is leading a group of young men on a mission and veterans like Rose and Gibson aren't scared of anyone. 

Don't get overconfident.  The Hawks went extremely cold.  They seemed to be pressing badly and not setting their feet.  Maybe I am spoiled from watching the Nets, but they missed a ton of very makeable shots in that 2nd half.  Things will probably be very different in Atlanta.  I get thinking Randle won't press so much, but I don't think playing games in Atlanta is some kind of advantage Knicks.

I will say that the fact that they had the big comeback changes the feel of the series.  If they had just come out and won they'd just be another team that gave up the home court.  Starting off like sh*t and then storming back makes you feel like they figured something out and will be fine for the rest of the series.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't get overconfident.  The Hawks went extremely cold.  They seemed to be pressing badly and not setting their feet.  Maybe I am spoiled from watching the Nets, but they missed a ton of very makeable shots in that 2nd half.  Things will probably be very different in Atlanta.  I get thinking Randle won't press so much, but I don't think playing games in Atlanta is some kind of advantage Knicks.

I will say that the fact that they had the big comeback changes the feel of the series.  If they had just come out and won they'd just be another team that gave up the home court.  Starting off like sh*t and then storming back makes you feel like they figured something out and will be fine for the rest of the series.

You can frustrate Atlanta if you shut down the pick and roll. But you have to find this odd balance of doing it while not getting too cocky about thinking you can bully Young (because you can’t). He’s been on the cusp of being a top elite guy all year and it looks like he’s finally making that jump in the playoffs which is crazy scary, but something looks like it clicked with Bullock defending him in the 4th. 

I dunno, so many things at play in this series but I think what made the difference last night wasn’t so much Atlanta missing as it was NY finally committing to the 3 again and Randle finally passing the ball off again.  First 6 quarters of this series they were refusing to do the things they were good at.

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Noel's ginger on the ankle. Wonder if Taj gets the start and maybe if Pelle gets some minutes tonight. Knicks have also done well with Randle at the 5 a bunch of times this year. 

I wonder if some Randle at the 5 will help him get into more of a rhythm offensively. 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I wonder if some Randle at the 5 will help him get into more of a rhythm offensively. 

I forget where I read it but I think they’re more efficient from 3 when he’s at the 5.  Allows for 3 guards on the perimeter. 

What a series this is. Watching these two teams go at it is hella fun. Respect to the Hawks I was dead wrong about them. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

This was possibly the worst performance  in a playoff game by a team i have ever seen. The Knicks except for Rose flat  out sucked. 

This Knicks team can’t survive with Randle suddenly unable to make jump shots. He was an MVP candidate for a reason. 

Either he starts to make shots or the Knicks don’t make it to game 6.

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This Knicks team can’t survive with Randle suddenly unable to make jump shots. He was an MVP candidate for a reason. 

Either he starts to make shots or the Knicks don’t make it to game 6.

Add Barrett to that list as well. Burks the only one hitting at decent %

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Add Barrett to that list as well. Burks the only one hitting at decent %

Barrett’s been streaky as hell all year, so him going cold isn’t surprising. Randle deserves all the credit in the world for getting them here but he has just completely choked this series and there’s no other way to view it at this point. Hopefully he gets it together but no team can win in the postseason when their best player and leader shoots 23%.

That said the Knicks offense sucked balls and looked liked this quite often up until the last 6 weeks or so of the season so none of this is really that surprising. Everyone thought they solved it during the winning streak but maybe not.

• Upvote 1