The Official 2021 N.Y Knicks 1st Round NBA Playoffs Game(s) Thread vs. Atlanta Hawks:

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

If I was a Knicks fan, I’d be all in on wanting John Wall.

I'd rather go all in on Steph Curry. 

PG: Steph Curry. 

SG: RJ Barrett. 

SF: 2021 Rookie Draft Pick (we've got two 1st round picks). 

PF: Julius Randle. 

Center: Mitchell Robinson. 

With Immanuel Quickley as our 6th man. 

Now. That's a serious contender with Julius a #2 option and Barrett a #3 option. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Now. That's a serious contender with Julius a #2 option and Barrett a #3 option. 

Steph Curry? he isn’t available lol. Wall is looking for a new home though.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You think you're going to get Curry and keep your picks and other decent players?  Are they taking Ntilikina straight up for a year on the guy's contract?   I'd be more concerned that even with Curry, that isn't likely to be the one seed.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think you're going to get Curry and keep your picks and other decent players?  Are they taking Ntilikina straight up for a year on the guy's contract?   I'd be more concerned that even with Curry, that isn't likely to be the one seed.

My mistake. I thought I read somewhere he was a FA. I stand corrected. 

Who will be the top 5 unrestricted FA's available you think?

PS: Tomorrow is my 36th birthday and all I want is A.) Mitchell Robinson returning and B.) A Knicks game 5 win @ home in MSG. 

I really want that birthday gift because if so? Game 6 @ ATL will at least be exciting for our entire fan base ( @Integrity28 included); just knowing we'll be playing FOR a game 7... 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

My mistake. I thought I read somewhere he was a FA. I stand corrected. 

Who will be the top 5 unrestricted FA's available you think?

PS: Tomorrow is my 36th birthday and all I want is A.) Mitchell Robinson returning and B.) A Knicks game 5 win @ home in MSG. 

I really want that birthday gift because if so? Game 6 @ ATL will at least be exciting for our entire fan base ( @Integrity28 included); just knowing we'll be playing FOR a game 7... 

Good luck.  Have a great birthday.  Part of me wishes the Knicks didn't end up the 4 seed.  If they were a 6 seed and lost to Milwaukee this would be a great growing season to build on.  Now if they lose to the Hawks there is disappointment for a team that really probably overachieved.  Add Thibodeau's playoff record and you have a recipe for Dolan to pull the trigger too early.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Good luck.  Have a great birthday.  Part of me wishes the Knicks didn't end up the 4 seed.  If they were a 6 seed and lost to Milwaukee this would be a great growing season to build on.  Now if they lose to the Hawks there is disappointment for a team that really probably overachieved.  Add Thibodeau's playoff record and you have a recipe for Dolan to pull the trigger too early.

Thnx you. 

And nah. I don't feel like that man. 

First year under Thibs (NY native) and already the NBA's #1 Defense?

That's pretty cool man. 

We beat Atlanta 3-1 in the regular season and had the same exact identical record. No excuses but we're without our starting Center in Mitchell Robinson (our Marcus Camby).

Imagine if Atlanta was without Clint Copella and we had Mitchell Robinson?

That's a series changer, you know. 

We have a lot of homegrown talent moving forward (which we haven't featured since right before the Melo trade) in Immanuel Quickley (PG), RJ Barrett (SG), Obi Toppin (PF) and Mitchell Robinson (C). 

Two Veteran Coach Players in Derrick Rose (G) and Taj Gibson (Big). 

And Julius Randle despite this Playoff collapse is still only 26 years of age and coming off the most dominant Knicks season since 2012/2013; I'd love to see Julius Randle return next season during year #2 under coach Thibs, while surrounded by even more talent because...

• Elfrid Payton. 

• Kevin Knox. 

• Frank Ntilikina. 

All 3 of these players (are all on our postseason roster), as players who Thibs really doesn't care for; and will all be replaced and upgraded over (come 2021-2022). 

Because with 4 draft picks including damn near 3 1st round picks @ #19, #21 and #32 we're guaranteed to

A.) trade up for another promising/exciting Rookie to develop alongside of Quick/RJ/Julius/Toppin/Robinson

And B.)

A+ available salary cap space come the offseason (even after a Julius extension). 

We're going to sign a real ball Player in Free Agency #27 because we've finally got the coach to attract stars to NY. 

Atlanta (by tie breaker). 

Heat. 

Warriors. 

Grizzlies. 

Celtics. 

Wizards. 

Pacers. 

Spurs. 

Hornets. 

Pelicans (ZION). 

Bulls. 

Kings. 

Raptors. 

Minny. 

Cleveland. 

OKC. 

Magic. 

Pistons. 

Rockets. 

We finished better than all of those teams (20 teams) but yet heading into 2020-2021 NBA experts predicted yet another ping pong lottery season for our Knicks. 

Heck. 

We were only 1.0 games away from the Lakers (42-30), Blazers (42-30) and Mavs (42-30) away from a top 8 NBA record (NYK, 41-31). 

Heck. 

Only 7 teams the...

Jazz (-11 games),

Suns (-10 games),

76ers (-8 games),

Nets (-7 games),

Nuggets (-6 games),

Clippers (-6 games)

and

Bucs (-5 games)...

Were able to actually septate from our newly formed and still forming Knicks team under Thibs. 

We're literally another two impact players away from a top 5 NBA squad.

A full 24.0 games above the last place Rockets (as an example of how fast and how far we've came. 

Etc. 

Don't forget. THIBS used to lead his Playoff Chicago Bulls teams into the playoffs against prime Celtics and prime King JAMES teams etc and his teams battled hard. 

We're going to be back next year but 2x stronger. 

We're not even finished this year. 

Win game 5 tomorrow on my birthday and it's a Series again; down 3-2! 

(It's been a long time only 2x in 20+ years where I've been able to talk like this and the 1st year I ever tried to really bring NYK talk to JN. Even creates threads on the main forum).

Lose tomorrow? And I'm already ready for 2021-2022.

Win tomorrow @ home in MSG? And I'm already ready for a game 6. 

When we lost to Indiana with Melo? We were old. And done. 

we lose to Atlanta? This Thibs party is just getting STARTED. 

"Affordance" is indeed a little over the top.

DWC really needs to get into fewer fights.

I blame Crusher and Tomshane for no particular reason.

C'mon boys, take him under your wing or some such

<edited to add>

Am i the only one who knows that the Curling world championships including mixed doubles has been going on for what seems like a month and a half at this point?

image.png.0e84b96cebf695ad442349199eaad1a7.png

32 minutes ago, EM31 said:

<edited to add>

Am i the only one who knows that the Curling world championships including mixed doubles has been going on for what seems like a month and a half at this point?

image.png.0e84b96cebf695ad442349199eaad1a7.png

Yup.

I've been too busy watching my FSU girls dating back to February

(not really, butt)...

image.png.592bb385d15e15e76485bda0258d1a6e.png

44-10 overall (26-5 in ACC Conference Play). 

College World SERIES!021 Division I Softball Championship - World

image.thumb.png.4e71851a0c073d78d643f7cf4e24a059.png

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Is Max paying DWC by the word? There's just no other logical explanation. Besides cocaine. 

That was a whole lot of words to say that he is 100% falling into the trap I was discussing.  Thibs is a nice coach and the Knicks are a good story.  They play hard every night and he rode some of those guys.  Meanwhile other teams coasted into the playoffs and he is counting on draft picks to close a gap that is probably much bigger than he thinks.

If Julius Randle breakouts tonight and plate excellent basketball? We're winning this series. 

Because heading into game 6 @ ATL we'll have our star player, playing with confidence, momentum and self-belief. 

well Knick fans. Tonight is a must win. Backs against the wall. Win or go home. Do or die. 

and I like our chances only because I know this team is full of nothing but heart. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Knicks putting bodies on the floor feels like the good old days. NBA is for soft bitches now.

Trae Young is a twat.

One thing is for sure even down 3-1 this team is all heart and fight they are not backing down tonight. 

I agree. He is a little twat. Starting to hate his antics as I did the weisel announcing tonight's game Reggie Miller. Trae Young is great but he's annoying.

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Down 11 heading into end of 3rd. 

Season over. 

Extremely fun season followed by the most frustrating Playoff series ever. 

?

Not ever. 

sh*t, not even close. I thought I was the bandwagon fan here. 

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

About to be down 17 less than 8 minutes left. 

If you couldn't tell the game was over down 11 in the 3rd you obviously don't know Playoff basketball. 

Wtf are you talking about?

You called it the “most frustrating playoff ever”. Comments like that tell me you never watched us in the Ewing era.

If you’re going to continue puking silly crap like that... Stop talking to people about what they know.

• Upvote 1

fwiw...Knicks over-achieved.  Kudos to the fans who added life to a flawed team.  Randle had the ball in his hand way too often.  Very little ball/player movement.  D Rose is a role player at best at this point in his career.  Congrats to Atl's Nate McMillian and Trae Young.  Fun team to watch moving forward.

Great season. 

The Knicks desperately need another scorer and Randle is never going to be the best player on a championship team, IMO. 

But I'm really looking forward to the offseason and where they go from here. They are building something. 

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Wtf are you talking about?

You called it the “most frustrating playoff ever”. Comments like that tell me you never watched us in the Ewing era.

If you’re going to continue puking silly crap like that... Stop talking to people about what they know.

Please see Charles Smith and Starks going oh-for-six million when we just needed a bucket.  Aaaaaaahhhh!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Please see Charles Smith and Starks going oh-for-six million when we just needed a bucket.  Aaaaaaahhhh!

Seriously. The Ewing layup.

I mean, the guy just spent days calling me a fake fan and then says THAT was the worst playoff ever?

Brah.